• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby vs. Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashun

Smash Ace
Every once in a while I manage to pull off a dthrow -> tech chase -> ground hammer :laugh:

It's just a matter of guessing where they'll tech and spacing the hammer correctly. I've landed quite a few kills with it :grin:
I seriously doubt that any character has a tech so SLOW that Kirby can techchase with a hammer. The ONLY way you can tech-chase with hammer is if they sidestep. Otherwise.... I really don't think this is possible =/

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I dunno, I've pulled it off a couple times. I just hammer really early and hope that's where they tech to.

But you're like, actually good at Kirby so I'll take your word for it. :)

Nashun

Smash Ace
Actually...now that I think about it...

If there's a character with a tech so short and slow that Kirby doesn't have to run far (or maybe not even at all!), maybe he can hammer immediately after the d-throw and it'll hit the opponent?

::shrugs:: haha your avatar reminded me that G&W has a really slow tech T_T

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah, I main G&W so of course my friends are eventually going to pick him up. Most of the ground hammers I've landed were on my friends' G&Ws. :laugh:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If there's a character with a tech so short and slow that Kirby doesn't have to run far (or maybe not even at all!), maybe he can hammer immediately after the d-throw and it'll hit the opponent?
That would be Pichu. His tech roll is so short he almost doesn't go anywhere.

MikeMoney

Smash Apprentice
I'd say 50 50 kirby can get around getting fortressed outta the sheild usually While kirby mass combo's bowser I Just started maining bowser about 2 weeks ago and me and my friend did this match it was really close but he just barly won by abusining my recovry Most of my kills came from jab-Utilt which kills kirby at ridiculously low percentage's

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Just when you thought things were settling down, the winds of war start brewing again!

0C3 has four Kirby players (Nashun, Sushiman, Dodge, and myself) pre-registered. And now there's talk of a Character Crew Battle! With so many Bowser and Kirby players gathered from around the globe, it's inevitable that the battle to end all battles will be waged!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107487

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i guess getting hit by down airs from falco and recovering is the best way to judge recovery.

last time i checked kirby is horrendously easy to edgeguard.

but i guess i dont check very often lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am using kirby for the first match in my 3/5 with gimpy.

If my kirby can beat gimpy's bowser then there is no way bowser counters kirby.

I actually think kirby has an advantage because of 1 thing. Grabs.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
No matter how good your spacing is, you're going to get hit by it eventually XD

I change that: Kirby's bair & utilt > Bowser

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol @ logic

The only difference is that Kirby's bair is quick without much lag, while Bowser's fsmash lasts 25062368^10 frames. I can pay off my college loans before Bowser finishes an fsmash, liek srsly.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea cause you know 56 its not like Bowser's F-air outranges most of Kirby's moves.. but yea I guess if that Bowser has no concept of spacing and or is in a coma he will get hit a lot.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Bowser's fair doesn't have much range at all, and I doubt that it outranges Kirby's bair. I think they're equal range.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser's fair doesn't have much range?

O.o

play bowser more than once please lol

anyways, the "back air" debate is dumb

bowser struggles vs kirby's back air i suppose but if i can adjust to puff's WoP then kirby's FoP isn't that much of a threat eh? ;P

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
56K you are wrong >_>..Bowsers fair has a pretty big hitbox.

But again. My kirby vs bowser match will be revolved around grabbing and hit and run with amazing spacing.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Is that all Bowser's got, big hitboxes? You're going to need more than that!
(yes, I'm egging on the Bowser players)

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
kirby's grab range is amazing, although his throws culd be better, i mean shuld be alot better. Oh and even if the bowser is good at spacing the kirby shuld be too. And kirby is pretty good at spacing IMO

Nashun

Smash Ace
Guys I honestly can't see how Bowser can have the advantage in this matchup. He's too slow. Most of the hits he'll have on you are his up+b, his ledge attack <100%, and the occasional Fair and even less occasional f+b on shield. Kirby can move much faster than Bowser can and it's not like Bowser has much range.

I think I'm confident enough on this matchup to throw out $20 Moneymatches to any bowser in a BO3 at OC3. If I win, yay money for me and good stuff for kirby. If not, it was worth the money to see how bowser can hang in this matchup.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could go and play you guys at the tournament, but I live all the way down in south florida

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Make sure to record these matches!, I would really like to see bowser and kirby fight on equal skill terms.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If I'm not mistaken, 0C3 has mandated that no one can record matches (because they're making a DvD or something). I will have to talk to Ken about that so Kirby/Bowser players have something to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom