• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby vs. Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

Big Bad and Scaly vs Short Fat and Puffy. It's long been thought that Bowser counters Kirby, but the Kirby players are taking a stand! So the debate has grown, which will win out? Quick combos and red shoes, or heavy weight and strong hits?

Discuss here the merits, flaws, and cuteness of this matchup between these titans of low, low tier.

0C3 Update:
Just when you thought things were settling down, the winds of war start brewing again!

0C3 has four Kirby players (Nashun, Sushiman, Dodge, and myself) pre-registered. And now there's talk of a Character Crew Battle! With so many Bowser and Kirby players gathered from around the globe, it's inevitable that the battle to end all battles will be waged!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107487

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I have faith in Kirby's red shoes.

Although I think Fortress and Kirby's inability to kill really hurts him here. Granted, Bowser is one gigantic combofest in character form, but still... I'd put Kirby at slight disadvantage.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
fortress would put bowser at an advantage. also his fire breath.
But kirby can still knock him off the edge and meteor him with d air. kirbicides get kirby an advantage also.
And dont forget to record those matches!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This matchup is quite fun.

Fortress is really good, but Kirby can poke at Bowser's shield safely and from a distance with jabs, rapid punches, and retreating forward airs. And yes, drill the snot out of Bowser. Bowser can edgeguard Kirby all day, so it's only fair that Bowser gets edgeguarded in a similar fashion.

Bowser, on the other hand, has a very dominating ground game with reach, priority, and power...it's kinda tough to stop unless you play Kirby like you would Sheik. Just stay lagless at all times. Bowser doesn't live forever, so patience and quick, weak attacks with stun are all you need until you can spot the edgeguard, since chances are Kirby won't KO with anything.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It all comes down to the fact that Kirby can't go bowser at lower percentages and Bowser can.... the fact that the kirby can build up weak hits does raise hell on a bowser but a single F-tilt or better yet a Shffl'd F-air lets the bowser reset and build up a large amount of damage quickly until you can kill the puff easily.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
This match is pretty much in Bowser's favor. Bowser wins in sheer KO potential and defense. All Kirby has are jabs and bair/nair in his arsenol. I will admit though Kirby has a bit of combo potential against Bowser. Bowser can do damage but he cannot build it up since he can't combo. Bowser has an awesome shffl game. Kirby's shffl game is hampered by his floatyness. Bowser wins.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
You don't need to KO Bowser off the top or sides. All you have to do is not let him back on the stage which is pretty easy considering his crappy vertical recovery and the fact that Kirby can edgeguard with the inhale without reprocussions.

Samochan

Smash Master
I have my own mm against Vilness' bowser here (probably the best bowser in finland), whom I'm gonna play someday, so whenever I can play that mm I'll post the results here. Can't record the matches though, unless someone else has a cam. Though Vilness' ability to DI extremely well combined to Bowser's weight makes his Bowser extra hard to kill. X_x Quick ftilts might mess him up though. :3

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I feel like i'm required to defend boozer with my life :)

We need some sort of pride surrounding Bowser... King of the Koopa's isn't the King Of The Koopa's for nothin baby

D

Deleted member

well when me and my brother play this battle out (me bowser him kirby) he usually wins using his tilt combos to punish me untill killing me with his bair or uair

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This sort of looks like a world-wide Crew Battle (Kirby vs Bowser). We should get matches of Caotic, Gojira, Magnum, King Kirby 90, Krazy Kirby Kid, and Kirbstir recorded. :)

Dodger

Smash Ace
Did Gimpy say he thinks Bowser counters Kirby? 'cause I don't believe that for a second. Bowser may have an advantage though, it's hard for me to say. Personally, I think they're pretty evenly matched but I don't rule out that Bowser may have a small advantage.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i never said bowser counters kirby in any way

i said its even for kirby at best, bowser might have a slight advantage but nothing more

D

Deleted member

makes sense but i hope they make bowser more on countering mario in brawl than the dream warrior :] (metaknight has his work cut out for him :D)

while on topic >_> all i got to say to bowser is....KIRBYCIDE FTW

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dude... it kinda seems like you blow man... I play a Kirby all the time and granted they're not a Timmy but their still a decent player.. and its close but i usually two stock him at the very least, and i've Three stocked him before..

We need to have a system to settle this, cause i could go around and beat all N00B Kirby's and say i'm T3H L337 and claim Boozer is better then Kirby but that wouldn't make any sense... we need a system here just sayin

Massive

Smash Champion
I think the match might be dead even, which is what makes it more fun to watch.

Heck, I know a very good Bowser and my Kirby's pretty good, I may even contribute.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
who is the "very good" bowser you know... i have high standards for when people say they know a "good" bowser haha theres very few of us

Massive

Smash Champion
I doubt he'd meet up to your standards, but he's the best bowser i've ever personally encountered (actually he may be the only one).

The name is BrienShrimp, he's only been to one tournement to my knowledge, so you've probobly never heard of him.

The point of the post was, if I was to record a match of my kirby vs. his bowser, it would most likely be close/entertaining.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I remember in Washington I entered a low tier tourney at the Skypal house and Timmy beat my Bowser. I guess I should hang my head in shame :grin:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No Cao, your Boozer is too cute!

Dramatic re-enactment:
:bowser: rawr :kirby:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
That re-enactment was TOO CUTE haha, and Gimpy can't even put me under consideration for a good bowser cause i haven't had any chances to upload a video :( depressing stuff

D

Deleted member

not saying im a master bowser but im pretty good with him :\

but in my matches with my brother, he ttly ***** on me with his fast attacks, low lag time, and long combos to keep me from being able to land anything on him except for fairs, nairs and the occasional dsmash :'(

IMO- The Dream Warrior > The King of Evil

Gojira

Smash Lord
heh

i have no kirby experience but even crappy kirby's i play just jump out there and bair my bowser to keep me from even getting back to the stage........anyways.....Bowser is still cuter :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea i guess we could always fall back on that but still It's even at best and i still think boozer can beat a kirby pretty solidly

and wtf at the kid saying kirby puts long combos on you and you say you play a decent bowser... wtf combos is a kirby landing on you

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Lol Gimpy.
Not my fault my ride flaked, my backup ride didn't work out, and my house exploded.

I call this match postponed... unless Bowser is scared?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

If ya'll so hardcore, why dont you guys just drive to some middle, neutral area and duke it out?

Sell tickets while you're at it. Proceeds go to your pockets for gas.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have a MM vs MouffromdaSouth my Kirby vs his Bowser >_>.

I don't play kirby and I randomly said that I main kirby so he challenged me and he actually plays bowser >_>. ****

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If Boozer wins, I don't want it to be by default; he's going to have to fight it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom