• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Very glad you all enjoyed the new Godzilla movie. It makes me happy to see people's favorite franchises bringing them joy.

Wish I could say the same thing about Disventure Camp right now. Unfortunately that show has left me really cold in its third season. That's part of why I've been into Pokemon so much lately, it helps my disappointed mind put focus on something I can enjoy a lot more.

What did they do to you, Ellie...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Very glad you all enjoyed the new Godzilla movie. It makes me happy to see people's favorite franchises bringing them joy.

Wish I could say the same thing about Disventure Camp right now. Unfortunately that show has left me really cold in its third season. That's part of why I've been into Pokemon so much lately, it helps my disappointed mind put focus on something I can enjoy a lot more.

What did they do to you, Ellie...
IMG_7574.jpeg

It’s literally and without hyperbole always a good time to get into Pokemon (biased)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I decided to create a thread around the Pokémon platform fighter roster I shared a while back and posted the movesets I came up with for convenience

Gonna tag everyone from before
Noipoi Noipoi @Jondolio @TheMightyP Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms @TheCJBrine Mamboo07 Mamboo07 @Freezerburn @AGuestUser
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just saw the new Ghostbusters movie.

It was fun and exciting! I actually liked it, much better than the Ghostbusters: Afterlife movie.

Next, I will see the Godzilla X Kong movie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With what I said about the new Ghostbusters movie...

How do you like that, Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester ?! I like the Ghost-nah, I am not going to finish that, I shouldn't have started that again. :p
I wasn't too big on Afterlife, I'm gonna wait for Frozen Empire until it streams, see if it ends up being an improvement from it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wasn't too big on Afterlife, I'm gonna wait for Frozen Empire until it streams, see if it ends up being an improvement from it.
Yeah, I am not surprised.

That is by no means a bad thing, though. I just mentioned you to make fun of myself about a similar post I made a few years ago towards you about Ghostbusters: Afterlife. You remember that, right?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Apparently not. Lol.
Well, it was a few years back, and I said something with a similar beginning, and that I liked Afterlife, simple as that, that kind of stuff.

I just love making fun of past actions I did and myself.

Say, on that note, how is Godzilla X Kong? No spoilers, please.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How could you not like Afterlife! That movie was amazing!
Here's my reason for not liking it. BTW didn't hate, just didn't like it.

Because you're telling me that despite all the hell they've been through with ghosts and in a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist. Ray and the others didn't believe Egon regarding Gozer in that mountain in Summerville despite everything they went through in Ghostbusters II? So what if there hadn't been ghost activity for 30 years? It's still confirmed they're real so how would those view someone as crazy? Hell this all could have been avoided and resolved if Egon just shown them the proof through recording the proof and evidence and sending the video to them online. Even if there was bad reception in Summerville, if it came to being a world-ending event, Egon sure as hell would drive from Summerville back to New York to show the three of them the video of the proof he recorded.

And again a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist and people of Summerville thought he was crazy!? Shouldn't they be celebrities and rich by the way rather than having disbanded and apparently forgotten? Whose gonna forget that the Statue of Liberty moved in New York? That's some WWII or Pearl Harbor remembering ****! How did the world suddenly just forget all of that?

Personally how I would have done the film was still about them. They disbanded because Egon died sacrificing himself during a ghostbusting mission and the this left them traumatized, decades later and eventually when the world is at sake again, they're forced to face that trauma and band back together to face said threat and like in the actual ending to Afterlife with Egon's ghost assisting them.

Edit: Peter's character wishing Egon to burn in hell really rubs me the wrong way especially.
Say, on that note, how is Godzilla X Kong? No spoilers, please.
Mindless fun and that's all you should expect. Don't be expecting an in-depth story, watch Minus One for that.

Minus One is a 5-star restaurant, this is a fast-food burger joint.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Because you're telling me that despite all the hell they've been through with ghosts and in a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist. Ray and the others didn't believe Egon regarding Gozer in that mountain in Summerville despite everything they went through in Ghostbusters II? So what if there hadn't been ghost activity for 30 years? It's still confirmed they're real so how would those view someone as crazy? Hell this all could had been avoided and revolved if Egon just shown them the proof through recording the proof and evidence and sending the video to them online. Even if there was bad reception in Summerville, if it came to being a world-ending event, Egon sure as hell would drive from Summerville back to New York to show the three of them the video of the proof he recorded.

And again a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist and people of Summerville thought he was crazy!? Shouldn't they be celebrities and rich by the way rather than having disbanded and apparently forgotten? Whose gonna forget that the statue of liberty moved in New York? That's some WWII or Pearl Harbor remembering ****! How did the world suddenly just forget all of that?

Personally how I would have done the film was still about them. They disbanded because Egon died sacrificing himself during a ghostbusting mission and the this left them traumatized, decades later and eventually when the world is at sake again, they're forced to face that trauma and band back together to face said threat and like in the actual ending to Afterlife with Egon's ghost assisting them.

Mindless fun and that's all you should expect. Don't be expecting an in-depth story, watch Minus One for that.

Minus One is a 5-star restaurant, this is a fast-food burger joint.
I guess I will check it out then. I saw Mamboo07 Mamboo07 's post about it, and he seemed to like it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean we are both Godzilla fans so...
Ah, I see. I am more a Kong guy.

When you get the chance to see the new Ghostbusters movie, even if its by streaming, I am not sure if you may like it or not, but I am sure you might get some enjoyment out of it; at least more than Afterlife.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Because you're telling me that despite all the hell they've been through with ghosts and in a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist. Ray and the others didn't believe Egon regarding Gozer in that mountain in Summerville despite everything they went through in Ghostbusters II? So what if there hadn't been ghost activity for 30 years? It's still confirmed they're real so how would those view someone as crazy? Hell this all could hav been avoided and resolved if Egon just shown them the proof through recording the proof and evidence and sending the video to them online. Even if there was bad reception in Summerville, if it came to being a world-ending event, Egon sure as hell would drive from Summerville back to New York to show the three of them the video of the proof he recorded.

And again a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist and people of Summerville thought he was crazy!? Shouldn't they be celebrities and rich by the way rather than having disbanded and apparently forgotten? Whose gonna forget that the Statue of Liberty moved in New York? That's some WWII or Pearl Harbor remembering ****! How did the world suddenly just forget all of that?

He was old, they were old, they had moved on. He had clearly retired and birthed his family by the time he started getting evidence. It's kind of the same thing that happened in Extreme Ghostbusters. And like, clearly not everyone forgot, Paul Rudd's character remembered. Even while it was happening they were constantly fighting off claims from people calling them frauds, even after the Stay Puft and Vigo incidents.

Plus, even if it's not the most ideal way to tell the story, I was willing to roll with it because I ended up really liking the kids characters (surprisingly), especially Phoebe, and the veteran actors are elderly, it makes sense to use them sparingly and not overload them with too much work. They can't be doing too much at their age other then stand around saying dialogue and doing a few very light stunts. I haven't seen Frozen Empire but I won't be surprised if the stuff required from them ends up not being very much because of their ages. It's just kind of the way the movie had to be. Maybe that's not a good excuse for some people but it works for me.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He was old, they were old, they had moved on. He had clearly retired and birthed his family by the time he started getting evidence. It's kind of the same thing that happened in Extreme Ghostbusters. And like, clearly not everyone forgot, Paul Rudd's character remembered. Even while it was happening they were constantly fighting off claims from people calling them frauds, even after the Stay Puft and Vigo incidents.

Plus, even if it's not the most ideal way to tell the story, I was willing to roll with it because I ended up really liking the kids characters (surprisingly), especially Phoebe, and the veteran actors are elderly, it makes sense to use them sparingly and not overload them with too much work. They can't be doing too much at their age other then stand around saying dialogue and doing a few very light stunts. I haven't seen Frozen Empire but I won't be surprised if the stuff required from them ends up not being very much because of their ages. It's just kind of the way the movie had to be. Maybe that's not a good excuse for some people but it works for me.
I am gonna have to agree.

Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester I respect your opinion, but you should have toned down how hard you were thinking about what you did not like. Not that it would have made the movie better for you, but you were really thinking way too hard on those things you did not like.

PLUS, while Egon sacrificing himself was nice, I am not a big fan of how you would have done it.

Besides, I liked Phoebe as well. Science kids are kind of my thing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am gonna have to agree.

Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester I respect your opinion, but you should have toned down how hard you were thinking about what you did not like. Not that it would have made the movie better for you, but you were really thinking way too hard on those things you did not like.

PLUS, while Egon sacrificing himself was nice, I am not a big fan of how you would have done it.

Besides, I liked Phoebe as well. Science kids are kind of my thing.
I related to her so hard. Autism girlies for life!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And like, clearly not everyone forgot, Paul Rudd's character remembered.
But the majority of the world???

Ghosts being confirmed to exist is not something that could just be forgotten especially after everything that happened in New York in GBII.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But the majority of the world???
I mean, I don't think that's a charitable reading of the movie. The only people we see in the movie are the OG team (who obviously know what happened), Egon's descendants (who again, already know) or are small town hicks who wouldn't really believe all that stuff that ghost stuff happening out in the city. It's kind of a cinama sins/nostalgia critic type take to extrapolate that out into thinking everyone on earth no longer believes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, I don't think that's a charitable reading of the movie. The only people we see in the movie are the OG team (who obviously know what happened), Egon's descendants (who again, already know) or are small town hicks who wouldn't really believe all that stuff that ghost stuff happening out in the city. It's kind of a cinama sins/nostalgia critic type take to extrapolate that out into thinking everyone on earth no longer believes.
The whole town of Summerville apparently thought Egon was crazy and didn't seem to recgonize him as one of the famous Ghostbusters. That's my gripe with it. An indication the whole world just suddenly forgot that major event in GBII.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The whole town of Summerville apparently thought Egon was crazy and didn't seem to recgonize him as one of the famous Ghostbusters. That's my gripe with it. An indication the whole world just suddenly forgot that major event in GBII.
Let me say something...

Just because the people of Summerville may have heard or known about it, doesn't necessarily mean they believe it. I believe this saying says it best, "You have to see it to believe it", and the people of Summerville, Oklahoma obviously were not there to see the events of Ghostbusters II.

Look, I respect your opinion, and I am not trying to change it, but I think you are thinking too hard on this, Michael.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Let me say something...

Just because the people of Summerville may have heard or known about it, doesn't necessarily mean they believe it. I believe this saying says it best, "You have to see it to believe it", and the people of Summerville, Oklahoma obviously were not there to see the events of Ghostbusters II.

Look, I respect your opinion, and I am not trying to change it, but I think you are thinking too hard on this, Michael.
By this logic, they didn't believe in Pearl Harbor either. Too big of an event to not be remembered by everyone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. Because it's a small isolated town that didn't experience something that happened 30+ years ago miles away in NYC. Of course they wouldn't recognize him and might not actually believe it. I don't know every celebrity that exists, especially not well enough to recognize them by sight. And if you're just reading/hearing about these things years after the fact it would be pretty easy to dismiss them as hoaxes. Sorry to get political for a second, but when people IRL are dismissing the pandemic and mass shootings as hoxes, don't try to tell me that some people wouldn't think a rampaging marshmallow man and the statue of liberty coming to life didn't actually happen.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah. Because it's a small isolated town that didn't experience something that happened 30+ years ago miles away in NYC. Of course they wouldn't recognize him and might not actually believe it. I don't know every celebrity that exists, especially not well enough to recognize them by sight. And if you're just reading/hearing about these things years after the fact it would be pretty easy to dismiss them as hoaxes. Sorry to get political for a second, but when people IRL are dismissing the pandemic and mass shootings as hoxes, don't try to tell me that some people wouldn't think a rampaging marshmallow man and the statue of liberty coming to life didn't actually happen.
Does that mean they'd also forget Pearl Harbor?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
By this logic, they didn't believe in Pearl Harbor either. Too big of an event to not be remembered by everyone.
I think you are making a stretch here. Ghosts are a skeptical thing, paranormal, while Pearl Harbor is not, so that example is not the best one. Pearl Harbor is much more believable than things ghost related.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think you are making a stretch here. Ghosts are a skeptical thing, paranormal, while Pearl Harbor is not, so that example is not the best one. Pearl Harbor is much more believable than things ghost related.
But ghosts were pretty much confirmed at this point? That would be a major scientific breakthrough and relatively known to the whole world by then.

Even if activity ceased for 30 years, there'd still be people researching all of this and the confirmation of the afterlife potentially existing. It would change everyone's thinking and thoughts what happens after death.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We all remember where we were the day the marshmallows attacked.

I mean I don't think anyone actually died in either incident. Just a lot of property damage. And like... again. People are dismissing real world tragedies as hoaxes all the time. And those events are far more believable than a 100 ft. tall marshmallow blowing up above central park west or the statue of liberty walking down to the Museum of Modern Art and knocking in the roof. It's not as unreasonable as you're making it seem.

Like, it's fine to not like a movie. But I really think we should be moving past this era of nitpicking everything and thinking it's valid crisisism. That's why I compared you to Cinema Sins and Doug Walker.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Did you read her post?

But ghosts were pretty much confirmed at this point? That would be a major scientific breakthrough and relatively known to the whole world by then.

Even if activity ceased for 30 years, there'd still be people researching all of this and the confirmation of the afterlife potentially existing.
I don't think it is that simple. I mean, things like the vaccine for Covid exists that can help with it or the insurrection on January 6 (I can't believe I am saying this) happened, and yet people still don't believe in those things or that they could work for, reasons. The same can happen with ghosts, even in the Ghostbusters universe.

I don't think now that the topic of ghosts being believed in in Ghostbusters as a universe is far off from the real world. Heck! People did not really believe in the Holocaust, either, and that was more provable, if anything.

EDIT: This was posted after Michael's last post. I saw it after I posted mine, so I will stop now.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've been alternating playing several different video games I have lately.

Finishing a few of them and making progress on several others is honestly great when they've been on my backlog for so long. At the same time, though, I'm trying to play them at a normal pace so I'm not just rushing through each one. In hindsight, I really wished I had finished several of them years ago when I mostly just had school and a few less chores to worry about. I usually don't have as much free time as I did back then anymore.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is my idea for solo Godzilla and Kong films in the MonsterVerse if we get them.

Kong: Hollow Earth/Kong at Earth's Core:
A God of War (2018)-esque film where Kong and Suko goes on various trials (A tradition held by Kong's species) traversing through the hollow earth in his quest to officially become king as they fight various hollow earth monsters (Ex. A bear titan, potentially even Abaddon and a theropod-based titan based on Gorosaurus)

Godzilla: Biohazard:
Featuring Biollante and Hedorah as the villains. Biollante being potentially created to counteract Hedorah only to rebel and try to turn the earth and hollow earth into her own environmental habitat to her liking, and it becomes 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 fight between Godzilla, Biollante and Hedorah.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I've been alternating playing several different video games I have lately.

Finishing a few of them and making progress on several others is honestly great when they've been on my backlog for so long. At the same time, though, I'm trying to play them at a normal pace so I'm not just rushing through each one. In hindsight, I really wished I had finished several of them years ago when I mostly just had school and a few less chores to worry about. I usually don't have as much free time as I did back then anymore.
You know what I've been doing the past three days when I'm not working or rehearsing? Grinding rings n Oracle of Seasons.

On a GBA.

Because of that damn "GBA store" :yoshi:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey guys, I have a bunch of amiibo. In the past, I've just put them all on a long shelf. But I want something a bit more interesting. I'd like all of them to be visible. Do you guys know any ways to display a lot of amiibo in a cool way?

Top Bottom