• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So in one week I turn another year older, and tbh, it doesn't feel real to me. Idk how to describe it, something is just weird about it this time around.

May as well schedule a yearly physical though.
Happy early birthday! I have had something like the feeling you have had myself, too, by the way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish Twitter didn’t tell me that the live action Loud House show had the person playing Lincoln wear a diaper and nearly lose his hair due to the white hair dye…

…damn Nickelodeon getting cooked too much (y’all should’ve been better)

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
There is not a dang thing in the universe more satisfying than watch a powerful Pokemon you're fighting knock itself out from confusion.

Wait, there is actually: when that confusion was caused by a teammate's OWN TEETER DANCE.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. I thought this Tag Anywhere mod let me do Frantic Factory quickly. Gloomy Galleon BREEZED by compared to my original playthrough. I tell you, this mod is making this experience so much more enjoyable that I think it's actually... fun. Even in the poorly designed levels. The only part that's still not very fun (to me) is all the bonus barrel minigames but since I'm not dealing with them on top of basically playing every level 5 times they get downgraded from aggravating to annoying. I'm even starting to enjoy this game the way I enjoy Banjo-Kazooie. One simple mod (I actually don't know how complex this was to code in from a modding perspective, don't @ me) and the game becomes a whole different experience.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A native English speaker just isn't gonna have the right level of stankiness on his attack callouts.
I listened to a voice comparison and yeah, tbe fake accent and engrish really added character. Maybe it takes some time to get used to.
your dream was warning you
The English voice is thankfully not fandub janitor bad like it was in my dream.

Also, the game looks kinda fun. Definitely more appealing than the latest King of Fighters game

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I listened to a voice comparison and yeah, tbe fake accent and engrish really added character. Maybe it takes some time to get used to.

The English voice is thankfully not fandub janitor bad like it was in my dream.

Also, the game looks kinda fun. Definitely more appealing than the latest King of Fighters game
based on what I heard (and based on his appearances in Smash and his female counterpart), the voice is pretty good

…I should probably expand my knowledge on the franchise outside of that small circle and the WWE crossover the series did

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is it just me or does Sonic Team seem to prioritize shipping over quality?
What, you mean like, shipping out copies or the romantic shipping? I'd say that every game dev wants to make a good quality product but we also know Sonic Team had to fight Sega to get the game delayed for a year to ensure Frontiers could be the best it could be. Aa for the latter, I would say no but we are getting Sonadow Generations...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y’know what always felt weird to me? How in sci-fi media all the planets are just one thing.

This is the desert planet. This is the snow planet. Everyone on this planet is a thief, or a warrior, etc. Earth has a ton of different environments and a ton of different cultures. It doesn’t make sense for an entire planet to have only one thing going on.

But I guess it does make things easier, so whatever :drshrug:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Y’know what always felt weird to me? How in sci-fi media all the planets are just one thing.

This is the desert planet. This is the snow planet. Everyone on this planet is a thief, or a warrior, etc. Earth has a ton of different environments and a ton of different cultures. It doesn’t make sense for an entire planet to have only one thing going on.

But I guess it does make things easier, so whatever :drshrug:
I kinda thought the same thing the other day. Having single-biome planets does not imply a good amount of creativity in some way, or at least a good amount of effort put into these planets, if you know what I mean.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Although I've never been a shiny hunter and I don't think I ever will be (despite my frankly stupid luck with them), I do deeply respect the shiny hunters out there for having PEAK PATIENCE.

I barely have the patience to soft-reset for a female starter, some people soft-reset for something even rarer!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Although I've never been a shiny hunter and I don't think I ever will be (despite my frankly stupid luck with them), I do deeply respect the shiny hunters out there for having PEAK PATIENCE.

I barely have the patience to soft-reset for a female starter, some people soft-reset for something even rarer!
It’s hard work, but someone has to do it :4pacman:

No one has to do it. I could be going outside but instead I’m looking for digital creatures of slightly different colors.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

God why can’t they make starter gender variety an even 50-50. Or better yet, something you can PICK. I mean, why not? Who really cares if you’ed be able to breed it faster, it’s a solution to an imaginary problem.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
God why can’t they make starter gender variety an even 50-50. Or better yet, something you can PICK. I mean, why not? Who really cares if you’ed be able to breed it faster, it’s a solution to an imaginary problem.
I think it’s a holdover from the Gen 2 days to prevent people from just breeding a bunch of starters.

Although considering one can catch a Ditto right outside the daycare, I don’t think it was necessary.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Meanwhile I started playing Pokemon X again. Picked a Chespin for my starter and named him Svetovid after the Slavic god of war, fertility, and abundance.

I'm just so happy Kalos is coming back man. Can't wait to see Lumiose in Nintendo Switch glory. Really hope Pokemon Amie and Super Training come back too, LOVED that.

Not me tho, I got my lady Sobble first try on SwSh.

Even named her Sammy, after the Totally Spies character.
You're so lucky, I'd love to have a female Inteleon. And the Totally Spies name makes that even cooler.

Nonetheless I rolled with the male I got when playing gen VIII. Named him Wyatt after the 6teen character

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im about to go to the international food store foe the first time in years and i am high key more excited to go to the international food store more them my birthdays
Not me tho, I got my lady Sobble first try on SwSh.

Even named her Sammy, after the Totally Spies character.
I like having opposites, "manly" pokemon be girls, "girly" pokemon be dudes or just name then some meme regardless of sex

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
never knew a cat could headbutt people for no reason until now…cause one of my cats headbutted her younger sister without a valid reason

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I predict that Zygarde won't get a new form in Legends: Z-A. It already has a few forms and Arceus didn't get any in its own game (Legend Plate doesn't count).

Xerneas and Yveltal might have a good chance though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Figured I’d shared this with y'all. I have this idea for a kind of spin-off to KI called “King of Rare”. It would play like King of Fighters/UMvC3 mixed with KI (KI’s combo system with 3v3 tag teams). The whole game would be kind of meta, in the same kind of Roger Rabbit way Banjo-Kazooie and DKC could be at times where the characters were the characters but were also actors playing themselves in a video game. The story is that the Lord of Games from Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is holding a tournament in the Rare universe. The winner get’s to finally star in a game again. I made this image for the roster
The King of Rare.png
A few of the characters are definitely sillier, and I can elaborate more on how I think they would work in this setting on request of you ask. But yeah, what do you think?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Amazing, was fun.
Same! My second favorite after Kong: Skull Island which is IMO still the best one.

Skar King was basically a fusion of Beast Titan, Drago Bludvist, Genghis Khan, Koba, and Scar from The Lion King.

The movie also felt like a fusion of How to Train Your Dragon 2, Planet of the Apes and The Lion King in terms of plot.

Edit: And elements of God of War (2018). Kong and Suko's relationship reminded me of Kratos and Atreus.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just waltzed on out of Godzilla x Kong. It lacks in story and substance but in a world where the heavily dramatic Minus One can win an Oscar I think a purely adrenaline-fueled monster movie has its place as well.

The stuff with the Kongs is really cool, great acting without any actual words being spoken. I liked seeing Kong and Suko bond.

Skar King was a nasty mf, and it was fun seeing how villainous a titan could get. Shimo was actually pretty cute by the end.

Godzilla sadly doesn't get too much to do. I think next time around we need another G-focused movie so he can get some decent characterization again.

The human stuff is as uninteresting as ever, though it's not as intrusive this time around.

The fights are a ton of fun, pure monster wrestling matches. Skar King's death is especially brutal in all the right ways.

However, I do think the last fight could've lasted just a bit longer.

Overall, really fun movie that doesn't require a lot of brainpower to enjoy.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Figured I’d shared this with y'all. I have this idea for a kind of spin-off to KI called “King of Rare”. It would play like King of Fighters/UMvC3 mixed with KI (KI’s combo system with 3v3 tag teams). The whole game would be kind of meta, in the same kind of Roger Rabbit way Banjo-Kazooie and DKC could be at times where the characters were the characters but were also actors playing themselves in a video game. The story is that the Lord of Games from Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is holding a tournament in the Rare universe. The winner get’s to finally star in a game again. I made this image for the roster
A few of the characters are definitely sillier, and I can elaborate more on how I think they would work in this setting on request of you ask. But yeah, what do you think?
Instant Elvis main here👽

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways my review for the film.

7-7.5 out of 10 stars

I enjoyed it. My second favorite installment. Kong: Skull Island is still the best one IMO.

Though of course it didn't have its flaws.

Human characters as usual suck, though they were slightly better here than in GvK, Jia still being the best of the cast, though I admit Bernie was slightly improved but he's still annoying.

Skar King and
Mothra
I felt were underutilized and really wish we got to see more of the former.

Choices of music weren't exactly the best either.

But all in all, had fun with this movie especially since the humor isn't as bad as the last two films were. I really embraced the Showa tone!

Trust me, if you're looking for an in-depth story, this ain't your movie, watch Minus One for that. This is just mindless fun, basically a saturday morning cartoon in the form of a big-budget movie.

Minus One is a 5-star restaurant.

This is a fast-food burger joint.

This and The Beekeeper are currently my favorite movies of this year.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyways my review for the film.

7-7.5 out of 10 stars

I enjoyed it. My second favorite installment. Kong: Skull Island is still the best one IMO.

Though of course it didn't have its flaws.

Human characters as usual suck, though they were slightly better here than in GvK, Jia still being the best of the cast, though I admit Bernie was slightly improved but he's still annoying.

Skar King I felt was underutilized and really wish we got to see more of the former.

Choices of music weren't exactly the best either.

But all in all, had fun with this movie especially since the humor isn't as bad as the last two films were. I really embraced the Showa tone!

Trust me, if you're looking for an in-depth story, this ain't your movie, watch Minus One for that. This is just mindless fun, basically a saturday morning cartoon in the form of a big-budget movie.

Minus One is a 5-star restaurant.

This is a fast-food burger joint.

This and The Beekeeper are currently my favorite movies of this year.
Hey hey hey! Spoil some of that, man. Not everyone knows that Mothra comes back!

Last edited:
Top Bottom