• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Man there's something really nostalgic about talking about Nintendo games with my two closest friends. It's so cozy and just overall nice

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Seems that Multiversus is dropping a new cinematic tomorrow that will either outline the season or showcase a bunch of upcoming features/characters.

So who do you want to see confirmed in it?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Universal Studios ends up making their own Platform Fighter. Imagine all the franchises we could get for such a game.

Back to the Future
Blumhouse Productions such as M3gan and Michael Myers
Bourne Identity
Cocaine Bear
DreamWorks Animation
E.T. the Extraterrestrial
Illumination
Jaws
Jurassic Park/Jurassic World
King Kong
The Blues Brothers
The Fast and the Furious
The Land Before Time
The Mummy Trilogy
Waterworld
Woody Woodpecker
Universal Monsters

The idea of Littlefoot vs. Dom Toretto makes me laugh. Lol.

Cocaine Bear would also totally be my main.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Seems that Multiversus is dropping a new cinematic tomorrow that will either outline the season or showcase a bunch of upcoming features/characters.

Goku

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If Universal Studios ends up making their own Platform Fighter. Imagine all the franchises we could get for such a game.

Back to the Future
Blumhouse Productions such as M3gan and Michael Myers
Bourne Identity
Cocaine Bear
DreamWorks Animation
E.T. the Extraterrestrial
Illumination
Jaws
Jurassic Park/Jurassic World
King Kong
The Blues Brothers
The Fast and the Furious
The Land Before Time
The Mummy Trilogy
Waterworld
Woody Woodpecker
Universal Monsters

The idea of Littlefoot vs. Dom Toretto makes me laugh. Lol.

Cocaine Bear would also totally be my main.
Day one Larry-Boy main (they own VeggieTales)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Ben 10, Dexter, The Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Mordecai & Rigby, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Godzilla, King Kong, Gandalf, Harry Potter, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Neo, Beetlejuice, Austin Powers, Willy Wonka, Spy Hunter, Defender, Maxwell, Scooby-Doo, Daffy Duck, Gwimbly, and if they’re doing third parties, The Ghostbusters, Captain Picard, and the four main FNaF animatronics as one character.

And stages based on Root Beer Taper, Paperboy, and Rampage.

Edit: oh, and John Oliver. Give him a Phoenix Wright style moveset.

Edit: Oh. WB currently has the rights to Dr. Seuss. Do The Grinch and The Cat in the Hat!

Edit: Steve Urkel! I keep remembering characters I want!

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean I said this before, but Ben 10, Samurai Jack, and Godzilla.

Please don't start another size debate
It's true though. Godzilla is "Too Big" for Multiversus. Look what Sakurai had to go through to make Ridley work after the fan demand having to make a whole new model and design of the character.
They already have Iron Giant at an inaccurate size. It don’t matter.
Iron Giant is canonically 50 feet tall. Godzilla even at his smallest is 160 feet. It would come off as awkward in terms of proportions. And look what Sakurai had to do with Ridley to make him work by downsizing him. New model and design.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's true though. Godzilla is "Too Big" for Multiversus. Look what Sakurai had to go through to make Ridley work after the fan demand having to make a whole new model and design of the character.

Iron Giant is canonically 50 feet tall. Godzilla even at his smallest is 160 feet. It would come off as awkward in terms of proportions. And look what Sakurai had to do with Ridley to make him work by downsizing him. New model and design.
Mike what the **** did I just say?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Even using it as an inspiration tool is trash considering it is all stolen and/or inaccurate
Well you're not wrong especially in terms of AI art, I guess I just have more of an issue when companies and corps use it to take shortcuts and replace than some 15 year old making a blatant ****post or some indie dude who doesn't have an artist on hand (they should really get one though). I guess it's more of a capitalism issue I have with it.

**** maybe I gotten desensitized and gone soft.
Thats why a the redraws on twitter arent hitting the same way
Some capture the spirit of the angry Dr. Mario well, others do it out of spite and it just looks wrong.

Shroob

Sup?
Well you're not wrong especially in terms of AI art, I guess I just have more of an issue when companies and corps use it to take shortcuts and replace than some 15 year old making a blatant ****post or some indie dude who doesn't have an artist on hand (they should really get one though). I guess it's more of a capitalism issue I have with it.

**** maybe I gotten desensitized and gone soft.

Some capture the spirit of the angry Dr. Mario well, others do it out of spite and it just looks wrong.
Ah
Potato's entering the nihilism phase of life

Noipoi

Howdy!
This games sales are going to be huge:
Stoked to finally get to play this for myself. I only wish I had the foresight to not watch let’s plays in 2013, so I could experience this story completely blind. Either way it’s gonna be rad.

Hoping this leads to the Paper Mario revival we’ve all been wanting.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Crazy how all it takes for people to be okay with AI generated ****e is for them to find it somewhat funny
IMG_3078.jpeg
IMG_3043.jpeg
IMG_3034.jpeg

or Mario…cause Mario makes everyone join together in peace until karts are lying around or parties are thrown

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here's hoping this is a sign to Nintendo that people want the old Paper Mario back.
I’d be surprised if Nintendos not like this right now:
1716164107933.gif

and going

“You give that toad a different color, and somebody get him accessories!”

“delete that entire combat system right now”

“We must save Paper Mario and the Clay of Reckoning “

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’d be surprised if Nintendos not like this right now:
View attachment 389625

and going

“You give that toad a different color, and somebody get him accessories!”

“delete that entire combat system right now”

“We must save Paper Mario and the Clay of Reckoning “
Nintendo when they do what the fans want and they get money

IMG_8718.jpeg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The biggest issue with AI art (and really, generative AI) is that it's unregulated. People should have the option to opt out their works, voice, and images for data scraping, and there should be tighter rules on using AI to spread misinfo (if not already covered by libel/slander rules).

The thing is, no company wants their work in the data scraping system, but at the same time AI makes it easier to cut costs and corners so... the only thing we're getting is stricter copyright laws.

I take it back all AI is bad.

Top Bottom