• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Even without the whole downsizing thing. The other hural for Godzilla is the licensing issues with Toho.

Remember Warner Bros. only distributes the MonsterVerse films, nothing more.

And given Toho's strange rules regarding Godzilla such as showing no emotions (Godzilla chuckling in GvK was Wingard managing to sneak that in without Toho knowing) and such in the films or as of late referring to him as a single individual species. It's not out of the realm of possilibity they'd be against Godzilla being downsized. Toho has always been strange with their rules.
Yes Mike, we know.

But we're just discussing things, for fun.

When you swing in with the "UHM ACKSHULLY" that kinda sucks the fun out, ya know?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Speedy stubborn queston: if Spike Chunsoft worked on the classic Budokai Tenkaichi games, will Dragon Ball Sparking Zero have Shiren the Wanderer or anyone from Danganronpa as Guest characters?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ngl I miss the massive hype that was going around with the Walking Dead franchise

bright side is that Invincible now gets to grow to that level of public excitement overtime

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
bright side is that Invincible now gets to grow to that level of public excitement overtime
Too bad we have to wait until probably middle of next year for season 3.

Because the Conquest fight is gonna be insane!

And though probably won't debut until season 4. I look forward to seeing Dinosaurus. He's probably gonna become the new Thanos in terms of memes like "Thanos did nothing wrong". Lol.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Jondolio seeing her game get negative reviews because players didn't know they had to slightly tap down, select, and the R Trigger in 3 frames while holding the controller upside down for a vital manuever (are they stupid)
View attachment 389640
To be fair what I had in mind was a way more simplistic control scheme that's easy to understand, like press a to jump and b to attack.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Gundam x Call Of Duty

and

Foamstars x Hololive

These are both so lame to me, because Hololive and Gundam are things where I will start playing a new game at least for a little bit just to see what the collaborations entail. But Call Of Duty and Foamstars suck so much and are so inherently lame that the thought of playing them doesn't even cross my mind

Also holy **** Gundam and Call Of Duty officially crossing over is yikes for a variety of reasons.

Also the Foamstars collab is so low effort, that if you showed me that image I would not know it was a hololive collab.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Too bad we have to wait until probably middle of next year for season 3.

Because the Conquest fight is gonna be insane!

And though probably won't debut until season 4. I look forward to seeing Dinosaurus. He's probably gonna become the new Thanos in terms of memes like "Thanos did nothing wrong". Lol.
unfortunate that we’ll also be waiting for the multiple Marks fights…and of course Rexplode’s death before the love starts blooming

tho good thing the Anissa stuff won’t go down anytime soon

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Even without the whole downsizing thing. The other hural for Godzilla is the licensing issues with Toho.

Remember Warner Bros. only distributes the MonsterVerse films, nothing more.

And given Toho's strange rules regarding Godzilla such as showing no emotions (Godzilla chuckling in GvK was Wingard managing to sneak that in without Toho knowing) and such in the films or as of late referring to him as a single individual species. It's not out of the realm of possilibity they'd be against Godzilla being downsized. Toho has always been strange with their rules.
I agree his size is a valid concern/counterpoint, this is speculation after all (let the devs be the ones jumping through the logic hoops like Shaggy and his Super Sandwich) but this has been going on for a couple pages now and needs to either stop or go to the Multiversus board.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok this could actually be hype!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
tho good thing the Anissa stuff won’t go down anytime soon
I think they're gonna change the incident to something like a violent one-night stand (After Eve breaks up with Mark.
Anissa meets up with him and manipulates and takes advantage of Mark's grief and emotions as they go out for drinks before seducing him) instead because the show won't have the balls to do it.

**** is a heavy and controversial subject. How often do we see **** on-screen in animated shows even if its adult-animated, let alone a woman ****** a man?

Yeah...This is one of those things I can see them changing. Not to mention the idea of a rapist being redeemed which wouldn't sit or fly by well with most people.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So I think Jason Voorhees’s appearance in Multiversus got leaked

I ****ing love this design for Jason lmao. It is probably just my general love of very shapey designs and hyper-stylization. But it also just fits his personality and takes advantage of being able to use a new artstyle

Now, give me Uber jason with this design and I am set

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Multiversus decided to leak the contents of the trailer by adding a ton of unneeded tags to the YouTube video. We know two more characters for launch or season one:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Good character development
I’m just glad someone understood it.
So I think Jason Voorhees’s appearance in Multiversus got leaked

Why is he so larg
Multiversus decided to leak the contents of the trailer by adding a ton of unneeded tags to the YouTube video. We know two more characters for launch or season one:
huh… I never considered Agent Smith. I kinda just left it at Neo. Then again if you have the rights… I don’t know. I kinda feel like they shouldn’t just do characters because they can. Felt that way about Stripe and now I feel that way about Agent Smith.

Also you think Tony is Tony Soprano? That’s a character I haven’t even been putting on my lists/rosters.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m just glad someone understood it.

Why is he so larg

huh… I never considered Agent Smith. I kinda just left it at Neo. Then again if you have the rights… I don’t know. I kinda feel like they shouldn’t just do characters because they can. Felt that way about Stripe and now I feel that way about Agent Smith.

Also you think Tony is Tony Soprano? That’s a character I haven’t even been putting on my lists/rosters.
Matrix would make sense given their hints and it’s a popular enough franchise, but neo feels like a more likely rep imo because he’s Keanu reeves. But smith works I suppose.

As for Tony, I assume it’s for Tony Hugh, one of the lead developers for the game who tweeted often to hype up the game and disappeared until this announcement, telling everyone to tune in. So I assume he will be narrating or something.

However Tony Soprano would be pretty fun and be a big hitter for a lot of people.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So with Jason being put into Multiversus

Can he please get into Dead By Daylight now? It's soo weird having all these iconic horror mascots, but no Jason.
This year's licensed chapters are Dungeons & Dragons and Castlevania, with the other licensed releases being a solo survivor in July 2024 and a solo killer in March 2025 - I can't see them adding this character as a solo killer, but next year is the 10th anniversary of Dead By Daylight, and there happens to be a Friday the 13th in June, when the anniversary chapters normally release, so I could see Jason being the big reveal then. (or it could be a coincidence that I'm reading way too deep into, or they could alter the schedule once it turns out that they can actually use Jason now)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In that Multiversus video, Jason Voorhees is in, along with an agent guy. Who is that?

Also, Marvin the Martian, among other characters, are in.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Bruh I just got slapped by a hard r on Overwatch today, and we were playing against bots. These people are ****ing crazy dude.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
New Multiversus Trailer

Bugs hits the WB tower, it opens, but nothing comes out. 🤔
I saw a comment that said a few items fell out that possibly foreshadow a few upcoming characters. Specifically an Octi Plush, a sheathed sword, and a witches broom. But I didn’t notice it myself and I don’t wanna watch it frame by frame.

But hey, maybe the Animaniacs will come pretty soon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New Multiversus Trailer

Bugs hits the WB tower, it opens, but nothing comes out. 🤔
This trailer teases waaaay too many characters and I'm all for it.

Bubbles's toy Octi, a katana (Samurai Jack), a trident (Aquaman), a broom (Wicked Witch of the West), Titan Tower, a Green Lantern...
There’s even more teases then that:

Dexter’s glasses are on the Townsville stage, Marceline’s axe is now at the treehouse, which could be an updated version of the stage, but given we know she was basically finished last year, it’s probably a hint she’s coming sooner than later.

Also at the end, 4 more characters are being beamed in. Two to the right of agent smith and two to the left of Jason.

Possibly hinting at 4 more characters this season.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There’s even more teases then that:

Dexter’s glasses are on the Townsville stage, Marceline’s axe is now at the treehouse, which could be an updated version of the stage, but given we know she was basically finished last year, it’s probably a hint she’s coming sooner than later.

Also at the end, 4 more characters are being beamed in. Two to the right of agent smith and two to the left of Jason.

Possibly hinting at 4 more characters this season.
God if marceline was finished then why not make her a launch character and save BG for later? They really like that nanna I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom