• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A Community Proposed SSB6

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Ryu
2. Wario
3. Cloud

8 bosses

SM3DWBF_Bowser_Solo_Art.png

Fury Bowser
Sort of takes the place of Giga Bowser here.

Goomba.PNG

Goomba

Koopa Troopa

MPS_Shy_Guy_Artwork.png

Shy Guy

300px-La19-octorok.png

Ocotorock

Kremling.png

Kremling

Metroid_Assist_Trophy_SSBU.png

Metroid

tumblr_7075a1321a27f926c5b55cb6387d6328_688c301c_640-removebg-preview.png

Octarian

Sonic_Generations_2014-11-7-17-11-7-519.png

Egg-Robo

Met-removebg-preview.png

Met

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
1. Wario
2. Ryu
3. Cloud

Boss:
334px-Mr._Grizz.png

Mr. Grizz (Splatoon)

6 bosses

3546101-untitled.png

Bokoblin (Zelda)

OoT_ReDead_Artwork.png

Redead (Zelda)
Darknut_(Twilight_Princess).png

Darknut (Zelda)

01ccc71692cb51831604f00063e46e90.png

Boo (Mario)

Bulborb (Pikmin)

Pooka.png

Pooka (Namco)

041.png

Zubat (Pokemon)

Artwork_3DS_Game_Sneaky_Spirits.png

Sneaky Spirit (Rhythm Heaven)

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Wario
2. Ryu
3. Cloud

Job 93: Kracko

1711477478484.png

Next to Whispy Woods, he's Kirby's most persistent boss character. It's honestly pretty surprising that he hasn't popped up in any major capacity in Smash yet. I really like the suggestion for Galacta Knight too, so either one is cool in my book. I know Kracko isn't quite helping the classic vs modern Kirby balance on paper, but he's still so prominent in the series to this day that he's just kind of a necessary, evergreen component of its representation.

Job 94: 12 Bosses

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes.

Ice Climbers 2
NiGHTS 2
Wario 24
Ryu 15
Cloud 11
Spring Man

Wario and Ryu are our next fighters.

Here are the boss nominations

Pupp135 Pupp135 Demon Ganon
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Alpha
Oggy123 Oggy123 Galactica Knight
ninjahmos ninjahmos Death Egg Robot
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Kraid
darkvortex darkvortex Fury Bowser
TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER Mr. Grizz
Louie G. Louie G. Kracko

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.
1. Fury Bowser
2. Death Egg Robot
3. Demon Ganon

Here are the boss counts
Pupp135 Pupp135 10
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap and TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER 6
darkvortex darkvortex 8
ninjahmos ninjahmos 14
Louie G. Louie G. 12

1. 8
2. 10
3. 12

Job 95: Submit a new Street Fighter and Wario Stage

image/png:1C271199-E5CF-4624-8F4D-67A4E753F156/78391D33-027F-4EB7-8F4C-ACCAA6EE7185:384.000000:224.000000

I’ll nominate Battle Harbor

Map of Diamond City
For my Wario stage, I’ll nominate Diamond City, which would be a traveling stage.
Job 96: Submit moveset for Lyn and Arle

Feel free to add 3 Wario and Street Fighter songs and trophies.
Chun-Li
Cammy
M. Bison

Mona
Kat & Ana
Captain Syrup

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. 12
2. 10
3. 8

14 is a smidge too many imo, but I do like the idea of having more bosses than before.

1. Death Egg Robot
2. Kraid
3. Fury Bowser

5c64372bd4183.jpg

Wario's Castle
Based on the mod. I think some Wario Land rep would be good to have since we already have a Warioware stage.

Ashley
Jimmy T
9-Volt & 18-Volt

Guile
Blanka
Sakura

Volcanic Rim Stage - Street Fighter IV
Jazzy NYC '99 - Street Fighter III
Theme of Juri - Street Fighter IV

Greenhorn Forest - Wario World
Ruins - Wario Land: Shake It!
Ashley's Song - WarioWare: Touched!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll end the stage nominations and boss votes now, but leave up the trophy/music submissions and Lyn/Arle movesets.

boss votes:
Demon Ganon 10
Alpha 2
Galactica Knight 1
Death Egg Robot 8
Kraid 2
Fury Bowser 7
Mr. Grizz
Kracko

Demon Ganon and Death Egg robot are the first two bosses added.

Here are the boss counts
10 (10)
8 (8)
14 (2)
12 (10)

We‘ll use this poll below to choose whether there are 10 or 12 bosses.
By default, Battle Harbor is the Street Fighter Stage, and we’ll use a poll to vote between Wario’s Castle and Diamond City.

For Lyn, I’ll submit the Project M moveset included in this thread.

Job 97: Submit a Pokemon never used in SSB coming before Generation 8. Here the pokemon that have been used.
Chatot

I’ll nominate Chattot, who will use Chatter to stun opponents (there’s no confusion in SSB)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll leave these up (Arle/Lyn movesets, new pokemon from before Galar, and additional Wario/Street Fighter trophies/music) for another day.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Job 95:

Bustling Side Street (Street Fighter V)

1711959548181.png

Chun-Li's stage from SFV. I feel like something that Suzaku Castle kinda gets wrong about the series is how it doesn't reflect the "street" part of its identity. Having a stage that takes place directly in the middle of the city streets, with surrounding vendors and neon lights may get the point across a little better. It's also a great avenue to have character cameos in the background, and would be some representation outside of SFII.

Abstaining from Wario stage for now.

Job 96:

Here's a quick summary of how Arle might work.

Arle is set-up oriented zoner whose projectiles function more as a means of forcing your opponent into an optimal place and following up with solid combo options and magic attacks. Carbuncle accompanies her and operates as a disjoint on select attacks. In a vacuum, Arle's average kill potential is a bit low and her strongest normals are fairly unsafe. But she makes up for it through her stage control, offstage gimping ability and her Garbage Puyo.

Her neutral special is Puyo Drop, a projectile that operates a bit differently than most. Puyo will spawn in pairs of two and consist of randomized (but functionally identical) color combinations. Instead of traveling horizontal, pairs of Puyo will drop vertically from a set distance above Arle. Pressing neutral again will flip it 90 degrees, and so forth, just like in the games. The projectile moves slowly toward the ground, offering Arle a number of options to interact with it. She may attack the Puyo directly and push it in the optimal direction, where it will continue to fall. Or she can hit / throw opponents into the Puyo, which will cause it to pop. Once it reaches the ground it will remain there for a brief time before disappearing, or will simply disappear once an opponent has interacted with it. Strangely, due to its unique interactive properties and stage control I would say the closest point of comparison may be Dedede's Gordos with far less kill potential.

"Popping" Puyo and dealing chain combos / taking damage (would rather not, but realistically it would) over the course of a match will eventually grant Arle the ability to summon a Garbage Puyo as her down special, which will spawn directly in front of her and rocket downward. This meter fills up relatively quickly, but nonetheless it must fill up over time and Arle cannot simply spam this heavy projectile. It's a valuable resource for closing out stocks and applying pressure, functionally similar to Villager's Bowling Ball (a bit stronger) and mechanically comparable to Wario's Waft or Little Mac's KO Punch (a bit weaker). If it lands on stage, it will remain there for some time and work as an obstacle for opponents. If they walk into it, it will deal slight damage and disarm them briefly, often enough to leave them open for a counterattack from Arle. Naturally, if summoned directly above an opponent, it may also deal a strong meteor effect.

I could definitely map out some more down the line, but I felt like I'd lay our her most central mechanics just so people get the jist of what I had in mind. The goal is to create a projectile-centric character who is incentivized to close in on opponents and whose zoning tools are more of a means to an end rather than an excuse to play keep away. Hopefully through that the competitive, pressure-heavy gameplay of Puyo is faithfully represented.

:ultwario:
Hurry Up! - Wario Land 4
Body Rock (EN / JP) - WarioWare DIY
Penny's Song (EN / JP) - WarioWare: Get It Together!

Trophies: Orbulon, Pyoro, Penny Crygor

:ultryu:
Chun-Li Stage (Alpha) - Street Fighter Alpha
Crowded Street (Drum & Bass Mix) - Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
Killing Moon - Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Trophies: Dan Hibiki, Juri Han, Luke

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 95:

Bustling Side Street (Street Fighter V)

View attachment 387363

Chun-Li's stage from SFV. I feel like something that Suzaku Castle kinda gets wrong about the series is how it doesn't reflect the "street" part of its identity. Having a stage that takes place directly in the middle of the city streets, with surrounding vendors and neon lights may get the point across a little better. It's also a great avenue to have character cameos in the background, and would be some representation outside of SFII.

Abstaining from Wario stage for now.

Job 96:

Here's a quick summary of how Arle might work.

Arle is set-up oriented zoner whose projectiles function more as a means of forcing your opponent into an optimal place and following up with solid combo options and magic attacks. Carbuncle accompanies her and operates as a disjoint on select attacks. In a vacuum, Arle's average kill potential is a bit low and her strongest normals are fairly unsafe. But she makes up for it through her stage control, offstage gimping ability and her Garbage Puyo.

Her neutral special is Puyo Drop, a projectile that operates a bit differently than most. Puyo will spawn in pairs of two and consist of randomized (but functionally identical) color combinations. Instead of traveling horizontal, pairs of Puyo will drop vertically from a set distance above Arle. Pressing neutral again will flip it 90 degrees, and so forth, just like in the games. The projectile moves slowly toward the ground, offering Arle a number of options to interact with it. She may attack the Puyo directly and push it in the optimal direction, where it will continue to fall. Or she can hit / throw opponents into the Puyo, which will cause it to pop. Once it reaches the ground it will remain there for a brief time before disappearing, or will simply disappear once an opponent has interacted with it. Strangely, due to its unique interactive properties and stage control I would say the closest point of comparison may be Dedede's Gordos with far less kill potential.

"Popping" Puyo and dealing chain combos / taking damage (would rather not, but realistically it would) over the course of a match will eventually grant Arle the ability to summon a Garbage Puyo as her down special, which will spawn directly in front of her and rocket downward. This meter fills up relatively quickly, but nonetheless it must fill up over time and Arle cannot simply spam this heavy projectile. It's a valuable resource for closing out stocks and applying pressure, functionally similar to Villager's Bowling Ball (a bit stronger) and mechanically comparable to Wario's Waft or Little Mac's KO Punch (a bit weaker). If it lands on stage, it will remain there for some time and work as an obstacle for opponents. If they walk into it, it will deal slight damage and disarm them briefly, often enough to leave them open for a counterattack from Arle. Naturally, if summoned directly above an opponent, it may also deal a strong meteor effect.

I could definitely map out some more down the line, but I felt like I'd lay our her most central mechanics just so people get the jist of what I had in mind. The goal is to create a projectile-centric character who is incentivized to close in on opponents and whose zoning tools are more of a means to an end rather than an excuse to play keep away. Hopefully through that the competitive, pressure-heavy gameplay of Puyo is faithfully represented.

:ultwario:
Hurry Up! - Wario Land 4
Body Rock (EN / JP) - WarioWare DIY
Penny's Song (EN / JP) - WarioWare: Get It Together!

Trophies: Orbulon, Pyoro, Penny Crygor

:ultryu:
Chun-Li Stage (Alpha) - Street Fighter Alpha
Crowded Street (Drum & Bass Mix) - Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
Killing Moon - Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Trophies: Dan Hibiki, Juri Han, Luke
We're not doing stages anymore as Battle Harbor won by default

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the polls, Wario Castle is our next stage, and there will be 12 bosses.

By default, Chattot and Psyduck are the next pokemon added.

We’ll use Louie G. Louie G. ’s ideas for Arle, and we’ll use a Project M moveset found in this thread

Job 98: Submit an Item
I’ll nominate the Spiny Shell, which works like in the mainline games.
Job 99: Submit an Assist from a Series without one
Sheriff
Pac-Man
Mario
Donkey Kong
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Fire Emblem
F-Zero
Kirby
Joy Mech Fight
Star Fox
Mother
Animal Crossing
Golden Sun
Pikmin
Advance Wars
Nintendogs
Rhythm Heaven
Xenoblade Chronicles
Splatoon
Lip
I’ll nominate Lip from Panel de Pon. Panels will emerge from the ground, and she’ll match panels by the summoner, so they do not get star KO’ed
For this bonus, Feel free to submit alts.

Street Fighter:
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile

Wario:
Ashley
Mona
Captain Syrup
As most of these trophies were previously submitted, please feel free to submit different ones.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Job 98: Cracker Launcher

1712176036743.png

I always enjoyed this one, so why not? Would be a fun thing to bring back after however many years.

Job 99: Glass Joe
1712173135149.png

A bit of a dud AT, but effective under specific conditions. He would operate similarly to Little Mac's old AT, running and jumping around the stage in an effort to knock you out by throwing wimpy uppercuts... and under some circumstance, he can actually land a somewhat powerful, stumbling finishing punch (while falling over in the process). It would be really humiliating to die that way, so fortunately it doesn't take very much to pop him one good punch and knock the guy out.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll end these rounds, so Spiny Shell and Cracker Launcher are the next items. For assists, Glass Joe and Lip are added.

Job 100: Submit a Veteran
Individual images
As someone else will probably nominate Ganondorf (I feel like Ganondorf still missing at this point highlights the limitations of my prompts and the number of veterans we have), I’ll nominate the Mii Fighters as they are an important part of Nintendo’s history, and the Mii costumes are a nice bonus.

For this bonus, Feel free to submit alts for playable fighters.

Kirby:
Yellow (Keeby)
Cyan (Ice)
Red
Green
White (Gameboy)
Orange
Purple

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I'll submit some for Fox:

1. Default (Star Fox Zero)
2. Star Fox 64
3. Star Fox Adventures
4. Star Fox Assault
5. Sunglasses

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Mii Fighter
Perkilator Perkilator Ganondorf
ninjahmos ninjahmos Snake
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Ridley
darkvortex darkvortex Little Mac

1. Doriyah!
2. Miis
3. Little Mac

Job 101: Submit a Boss Not from Legend of Zelda or Sonic the Hedgehog
View attachment 386944
Fury Bowser
Sort of takes the place of Giga Bowser here.
Job 102: Submit an Item
I’ll nominate the Star item, which I’m shocked hasn’t been added yet.
I’d like to continue alts submissions here

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Ganondorf
2. Little Mac
3. Miis

Hyrule_Warriors_Giant_Cucco.png

Cucco
works like smash
Bison_(Super_Street_Fighter_II).png

M. Bison
iconic fighting game boss. Would work like the fights in his home games.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Little Mac
2. Ganondorf
3. Ridley

Voting Mac in top billing because he needs the extra support. I’m sure Ganondorf will do just fine but he really has to be here by now. Ridley is also an essential pick that I hope we can add soon.

Miis should be here, I’m just not pressed to add them over these other more enticing characters. Snake is a good pick but admittedly not the highest priority third party pick for me right now.

Job 101: Space Invaders

1712450724972.png

This fight would operate as you might expect. A mob of Invaders creep their way down from above and you need to handle it with upward attacks and a variety of throwable items / firearms that can attack from below. If any of them reach the ground, you’re done. This one functions less as a multi stage battle and more as a game within a game, paying homage to one of gaming’s earliest and most iconic bosses by allowing us to play Space Invaders within the confines of Smash’s gameplay.

May update to account for alt costumes later.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Mii Fighter 3
Ganondorf 17
Snake 3
Ridley 6
Little Mac 7

Ganondorf and Little Mac are our next veterans.

Here are our boss nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Fury Bowser
darkvortex darkvortex M. Bison
Louie G. Louie G. Space Invader
ninjahmos ninjahmos Andross
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Marx
Perkilator Perkilator Petey Piranha

1. Marx
2. Fury Bowser
3. M. Bison

For items, Star, Cucco, and Master Ball are added.

Job 103: Submit an Assist
GuileSFXT.png
I’ll nominate Guile so that Street Fighter can have an assist.
Job 104: Submit a Pokemon
From Bulbapedia.
I’ll nominate for Togepi’s return.
Please feel free to submit 2 Punch-Out Songs and Trophies.

Songs
Minor Circuit Theme (Punch-Out!!)
World Circuit Theme (Punch-Out!!)

Trophies
Soda Popinski
Piston Hondo

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Fury Bowser
2. Space Invader
3. Marx

Shadow_%28Modern%29.png

Shadow
Works like previous games. Crazy that sonic doesn't have an assist yet.

Trophies
Bald Bull
Great Tiger

Last edited:
Top Bottom