• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YTP Lawl Brawl: A YouTube Poop-themed Platform Fighter! (Looking for a New Host)

Should YTP Lawl Brawl Be Rebooted?

• YES! YES!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • NO!!

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #8: Submit a YouTuber

What's YouTube without YouTubers? For this job, submit a YouTuber as a potential fighter! Once again, it's strongly encouraged to go for ones from the mid-to-late 2000s and early 2010s, especially ones whose lines or videos are prominently used in YouTube Poops (though there are a decent number of modern YouTubers whose content is also prominently in YouTube Poops and other internet memes, so those are good choices as well!).

Job #9: Submit an Advertisement Character

Submit characters that originated from, or are noteworthy for their appearance in, memetic advertisements! These can range from spokespeople to mascots to even celebrities, as long as they have prominent ties to a product or brand that they've advertised.
1. Donkey Kong.
2. Yoshi.

1. Scratch & Grounder.
2. Knux the Echux

Job #08: RayWilliamJohnson

What's happening, forum? After spending 10 years doing your mom (THAT'S JUST... INSULTING!), the iconic meme reviewer (and meme in his own right) seems like a pretty reasonable choice. Also, it'd be funny if every single one of his animations had the record scratch effect

Job #09: Crazy Bruce

From Cabernet to Chardonnay, Crazy Bruce's liquor deals are too good to be true! With the uncanny ability to flawlessly play piano with a guitar, he seems like a solid pick to include. It also helps that the entire Crazy Bruce advert collection gained memetic status on a pretty famous YTP channel - 18009517713.

Last edited:

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
Job #8:

The AVGN’s rival of sorts. I never cared much for the Nostalgia Critic, but he’s starred in plenty of YTPs and the original Lawl.

Submit characters that originated from, or are noteworthy for their appearance in, memetic advertisements! These can range from spokespeople to mascots to even celebrities, as long as they have prominent ties to a product or brand that they've advertised.
Would it be in bad taste for me to submit Billy Mays?

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Would it be in bad taste for me to submit Billy Mays?
That's a bit of a tricky question... considering both the fact that it's been over a decade since his death and the fact that most of the YouTube Poops that use his ads as a source (and there are a lot of them) were made after said death, I'd personally say that it's safe to submit him as a potential fighter. That said, if you still feel uncomfortable submitting him, I am willing to respect your decision on the matter.

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
That's a bit of a tricky question... considering both the fact that it's been over a decade since his death and the fact that most of the YouTube Poops that use his ads as a source (and there are a lot of them) were made after said death, I'd personally say that it's safe to submit him as a potential fighter. That said, if you still feel uncomfortable submitting him, I am willing to respect your decision on the matter.
Thanks. I’ll submit him anyway, given your points and that his son approved of the Lawl moveset.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Donkey Kong
2. King Koopa
3. Yoshi
4. Toadstool

1. X Knuckles
2. AOSTH Sonic
3. Scratch and Grounder
4. X Eggman

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #9 - Hatsune Miku (Domino's Pizza)
On March 7, 2013, Domino's Pizza Japan and Crypton Future Media launched a collaborative food delivery app themed around the latter's iconic Vocaloid software voicebank/virtual idol Hatsune Miku, which allowed users to listen to Vocaloid songs produced by Domino's Pizza Japan employees and take AR photos with Miku through pizza boxes delivered via the app. The day prior to the app's launch, a commercial detailing the app featuring then-president and CEO of Domino's Pizza Scott Oelkers was released, and quickly went viral due to Oelkers' bizarre attempts to drum up interest for the app (and Miku in particular), amassing 230 thousand views at launch and quickly becoming fodder for internet memes (including YouTube Poops). The app was discontinued following the iOS 11 update in September 2017, with the commercial (which had achieved over 1 million views by that point) being removed from Domino's Pizza Japan's YouTube channel in March 2018.

I'll admit, I'm kind of stretching my own criteria for this job a bit with this submission, but I think the ad has enough prominence within YTP and internet meme culture to warrant Miku's inclusion. Plus, Hatsune Miku (and Vocaloid as a whole) already has plenty of significance to early Internet culture (Ievan Polkka, Nyan Cat, PoPiPo, and World Is Mine, just to name a few examples) to further justify her inclusion on the roster.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Edd (Eddsworld)

Made into different memes and YTPs. He would use weapons and hobbies to fight like shovels, soda bottles, and the Magic Marker.

Phil Swift (Flex Products)

Made into different memes and YTPs. He would use products like Flex Shot as a projectile, sawing as a melee attack, and Flex Glue as a trap.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job #8:

MoBrosStudios

An popular YTP creator back in the 2010s who created Skellington's Revenge, an known YTP. He may use the attacks from characters from his own YTP and may have a rage meter due to being a cartoon commentary personality as well.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
And now, it's time to start voting for Job #6 and Job #7! These jobs will each add 2 characters to the roster, so be sure to vote for your top 2. Here are the submissions for each:

Job #6 (Submit a Mario Character):
  • King Koopa (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Wii Players (Nintendo Wii commercials, submitted by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
  • Princess Toadstool (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
  • Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country cartoon, submitted by me)
  • Yoshi (Super Mario World cartoon, submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Job #7 (Submit a Sonic Character):
We've got some pretty great submissions for these two jobs! I'm particularly impressed with KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's clever interpretation of the submission rules - in fact, his choices for each job (an advertisement character and a YouTuber) have inspired my choices for the subject of the next two jobs!
Job #8: Submit a YouTuber

What's YouTube without YouTubers? For this job, submit a YouTuber as a potential fighter! Once again, it's strongly encouraged to go for ones from the mid-to-late 2000s and early 2010s, especially ones whose lines or videos are prominently used in YouTube Poops (though there are a decent number of modern YouTubers whose content is also prominently in YouTube Poops and other internet memes, so those are good choices as well!).

Voting for Jobs #8 and #9 will begin soon! If you haven't submitted for those jobs (or voted for the previous two jobs) yet, now would be the time to do so!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, it's time to announce the voting results of Job #6 and Job #7! Each user's top 2 votes for each job will be counted, and the two highest voted submissions will make it onto the roster!

Job #6 (Submit a Mario Character):
  • King Koopa (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter ): 6 votes
  • Wii Players (Wii commercials, submitted by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 ): 0 votes
  • Princess Toadstool (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 ): 1 votes
  • Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country TV series, submitted by me): 5 votes
  • Yoshi (Super Mario World cartoon, submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast ): 2 votes
Job #7 (Submit a Sonic Character):
Our newest fighters are Donkey Kong, King Koopa, AoStH Sonic,
1682905749243.png
!

1682908110796.png

Now, onto the submissions for Job #8 and Job #9! Once again, vote for your top 2 in each!

Job #8 (Submit a YouTuber):
Job #9 (Submit an Advertisement Character):
By the way, here are my own votes:

Job #8 Votes:
  1. RayWilliamJohnson
  2. Angry Video Game Nerd
Job #9 Votes:
  1. Billy Mays
  2. Hatsune Miku

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #10 - Submit a Nickelodeon Character
Job #11 - Submit a Cartoon Network Character

For these next jobs, we'll be submitting characters from shows aired on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network! These two networks have competed since the 90s to see who can put forth the best family-oriented/animated content... but how do they stack up in terms of memes of said content? Any show from either network is fair game regardless of medium (animated like Adventure Time or live-action like Drake & Josh) or target demographic (programming blocks like Nick Jr. and Adult Swim are both viable for their respective host network's jobs). The only requirement is that, just like with previous fighter submissions, the submitted character has some level of significance in YouTube Poop or internet meme culture!

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
Job #10:

Oh yeah, Mr. Krabs! He has so many memes and YTPs (Unquenchable Bloodlust is a favourite of mine) to pull from that making a moveset would be almost too easy.

Job #11:

The rules never said the character had to originate from CN, just that their show had to air on it (which DBZ definitely did). I don’t even have to explain Vegeta’s impact on YTPs.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #10 - Robbie Rotten (LazyTown)

Who did you expect, Sportaflop? The self-proclaimed "villain number one" of the Nick Jr. show LazyTown has been a prominent figure in modern Internet meme culture since September 2016, owing to the use of his hit villain song "We Are Number One" in SiIvaGunner's high quality rips alongside other edits and remixes, with the meme even being used to help raise awareness and funding for the cancer treatment of Robbie's actor Stefán Karl Stefánsson (who, sadly, would eventually succumb to the illness on August 21, 2018 - I understand if this makes some people uncomfortable with Robbie's inclusion, and I am willing to change my submission for this job if need be).

I figured that we could use a few modern meme representatives for this project, and that Robbie Rotten was a good choice to go with. It helps that LazyTown has some prominence in Internet meme culture even predating We Are Number One, via Cooking by the Book and You Are A Pirate (the latter of which is also one of Robbie's songs).

Job #11 - Skooks and Shag (The Misadventures of Skooks)

Watch them swooce right in! These renditions of Scooby and Shaggy originate from OrpheusFTW's 5-part Scooby-Doo YTP The Misadventures of Skooks, which really must be experienced to be believed. Granted, this technically isn't a show that aired on Cartoon Network (for obvious reasons), but its primary source material most certainly is, so I'd say that it counts. They'd be a great representative for one of the classic YTP creators, and I JUST REMEMBERED we're out here. What I wanna know is, where's the caveman?

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Nickelodeon Character:

Face (Nick Jr)

Unknown.jpeg

Hi there....Face here! It's the former host of the Nick Jr block who has starred in YTPs! He simply can have some um...bizarre moveset based on the various Face bumpers and such. Alternate costumes would be easy.

Cartoon Network Character:

Ash's Pikachu (Pokemon)

ashs-pikachu-original-hat-sm-1504769753849.jpg

The Pokemon anime has been on Cartoon Network and has been the subject of YTP videos a decent amount. Pikachu can play like he does in the Smash games but with references to the anime as well.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Nickelodeon Character:

Now, I know Spongebob was submitted already. However, there is another version of Spongebob that used to appear in darker Spongebob YTPs.

Spongebill | Know Your Meme

Spingebill

An terrifying version of Spongebob that appears in Spingebill YTPs which are known for morbid and scary imagery along with very questionable content that definity wouldn't be allowed in the current age of Youtube, making it one to realize not all YTPs are just comedy. His moveset can consist of use of mind-screwing effects and being more burtal then your typical Spongebob slapstick.

CN Character:

Ed, Edd n Eddy.

What more I can say? Those born in the late 90s or early 2000s all knows about these fellows. Especially when it comes to YTPs. they have almost have much YTPs as Spongebob. I'll say these three deserve a chance to be in.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Critic
2. Nerd

1. Billy Mays
2. Phil Swift

Ren and Stimpy

Featured in YTPs and memes. They would mostly use attacks from NASB, with a few new ones.

Chowder
1682974496900.png

Featured in YTPs and memes. He would mostly use attacks from Punch Time Explosion, with a few new ones.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, time to tally up the votes for Job #8 and Job #9!

Job #8 (Submit a YouTuber):
Job #9 (Submit an Advertisement Character):
Our next fighters are the Angry Video Game Nerd, the Nostalgia Critic, Billy Mays, and Phil Swift!

1683008469604.png

Now, onto the submissions for Job #10 and Job #11! For these jobs, vote for your top 3!

Job #10 (Submit a Nickelodeon Character):
Job #11 (Submit a Cartoon Network Character):
Here are my own votes:

Job #10:
  1. Mr. Krabs
  2. Spingebill
  3. Robbie Rotten
Job #11:
  1. Ed Edd 'n' Eddy
  2. Vegeta
  3. Skooks & Shag

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #12 - Submit a pre-2010s Video Game Character
Job #13 - Submit a post-2010s Video Game Character
I can't help but feel we're lacking some iconic video game meme representation on this roster. Let's fix that! For these jobs, you'll be submitting characters from video game series that don't have representation on this roster yet (the video game series that already have representation are Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Sonic... and also I.M. Meen and Pumkin Land, even though those two technically only have one game)! Now, to make sure that we get a good variety of classic and modern video game sources, I'm setting the two jobs as pre-2010s and post-2010s, respectively. Additionally, only one character per series will be making it on the roster for these jobs, so please keep the previous submissions in mind. Oh, and characters from video game adaptations (as in, other media such as animations, movies, and tv shows based on video games, including fan-made content) also count for this list!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #12 - Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot series)

The main antagonist of the Crash Bandicoot series, this short-tempered and egomaniacal mad scientist is the archenemy of the titular Crash Bandicoot... and also the long-lost twin brother of Dr. Robotnik!? Well, Cortex certainly is the latter in the two-part YTP Mashed Bandicoot by NPCarlsson (now with DLC!), where he teams up with his parasitic distinguished twin brother (as well as the floating Mario head from Mario Teaches Typing) to totally troll the world, via the construction of the most totally cool weapon Cortex has ever built - the ROTANIMOOD! (Robotnik: "No, no, you've got it reversed!" Cortex: "I'm just trolling - the DOOMINATOR!")

The Crash Bandicoot series as a whole is one of NPCarlsson's most prominently used sources, with him even hosting YTP collabs for the N. Sane trilogy and It's About Time, so I figured Cortex would be a good character to use as a representative for one of the more well-known modern YTP creators (especially given the parody songs NPCarlsson has made with him).

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Spingebill
2. Robbie
3. Mr. Krabs

1. Ed Edd Eddy
2. Skooks Shag
3. Vegeta

Heavy (Team Fortress 2)

Appears in YTPs and memes. He would use his guns, boxing gloves, and sandwich.

Freddy Fazbear (FNAF)

Appears in YTPs and memes. He would use his jumpscare, microphone, and spinoff attacks.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Post 2010 VG char:

Reporter and Wrestler

Ringside is a very popular source for YTPs, with various characters replacing the wrestler for the interview. In terms of the game, they could be a fun duo fighter with a fast reporter and hard-hitting wrestler.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Voting for Jobs #10 and #11 ends at 12:00 PM, which is also when voting for Jobs #12 and #13 begin!

Speaking of which, one of the characters I was considering for these jobs technically debuted in a pre-2010s game, but the specific version I was planning to submit debuted post-2010s. Which job would you say is better suited for that character?

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Alright, time to tally up the votes for Job #10 and Job #11!

Job #10 (Submit a Nickelodeon Character):
Job #11 (Submit a Cartoon Network Character):
Our next fighters are Robbie Rotten, Mr. Krabs, Spingebill, Vegeta, Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, and Skooks & Shag!

Jobs #10 and #11.png

Now, onto the submissions for Job #12 and Job #13! Once again, vote your top 3 for each job! ...is what I would be saying if we had more than 3 submissions for each of these jobs. But we don't, so all of these submissions get in by default. Fortunately, they're all pretty solid submissions!

Job #12 (Submit a pre-2010s Video Game Character)
  • King Dedede (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot, submitted by me)
  • Heavy Weapons Guy (Team Fortress 2, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Job #13 (Submit a pre-2010s Video Game Character)
  • Senator Armstrong (Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, submitted by TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter )
  • Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights at Freddy's, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  • Reporter & Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven Fever, submitted by Baysha Baysha )
Jobs #12 and #13.png

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #14 - Submit a 2000s Internet Meme Character
Okay, real talk here, I feel that the Dancing Banana sticks out like a sore thumb on this roster. Like, I get that he's an important part of classic Internet meme culture (the same culture that YouTube Poop itself spawned from), but he just doesn't seem all that relevant to YouTube Poop specifically. Still, he was voted on the roster fair and square, and I stand by that decision, so I figured - why not add a few more retro internet memes to further justify the Banana's inclusion? For this job, submit characters representing Internet memes from the 2000s (particularly ones that have a significant presence in YouTube Poops)!

Job #15 - Submit Stages for Fighters
Looking at the stages we've got so far, I think we might be able to do what Super Smash Bros. Melee's All-Star Mode did and have a stage to represent each fighter on the roster (plus some extra, of course). So for this job, the goal is to do just that! Bear in mind, though, that the following fighters already have stage representation (and are thus ineligible for this job):
  • Fat Mario - Mushroom Kingdom​
  • Morshu - Morshu's Shop​
  • I.M. Meen - I.M. Meen's Labyrinth​
  • Dr. Robotnik - Robotnik's Lair​
Other than that, feel free to come up with stage ideas that best suit the fighter of your choice! And as with Job #4, make sure to detail your stage's layout, gimmicks, hazards, and music!

Job #15 Update: Fighter representation stages don't specifically have to come from the fighter's source (although it is encouraged) - they just have to be thematically fitting for the fighter in question. Also, there is a maximum of 3 stage submissions per user.

Last edited:
Top Bottom