• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does customizable moves mean for Fox's rival and partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Since the Direct on April 8th showed us Customizable movesets, what does that mean for characters like Falco and/or Wolf?
Will they be effected at all?

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Fox might be my biggest intrigue when it comes to customizable movesets. I'm expecting that the customizable options only apply for specials, though.

A customized Fox that has a slower, but flinch dealing blaster will be tough to deal with. Fire Fox, Fox Illusion and Reflector do exactly what they're supposed to do, so I'm interested to see what can change (angled Illusion, slower but easy-bendable Fire Fox, Reflector sending up... it's all possible).

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I think this could be the death of Falco. Wolf might still be able to get in though.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Interesting thought, I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I just noticed it doesn't mean anything. Toon Link is still a clone, so why would this mean anything for Falco/Wolf (who is not even a clone)?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know for sure. But if we still have Toon Link(the most "clone-ish" clone), chances are we're keeping either Falco or Wolf at the very least. Hell, both could still show up. Character customization likely won't effect these chances. But I would like to see if you can fix the range on the Fox Illusion. I might fell like using more often.

Either way, I do want to use Wolf a little more too.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I sincerely hope Falco didn't make it in. I main Fox since 64 and I was saddened over the fact that his blaster was given to Falco in Melee.

That custom moveset gave me hopes though.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I hope they're both cut!
I sincerely hope Falco didn't make it in. I main Fox since 64 and I was saddened over the fact that his blaster was given to Falco in Melee.

That custom moveset gave me hopes though.
Why would anyone want a character to be cut? You can just not play as this character. Cutting characters does no good, it just makes people that liked these characters sad. I never use Falco, but I want him to return so people that like him can play as him again.

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Why would anyone want a character to be cut? You can just not play as this character. Cutting characters does no good, it just makes people that liked these characters sad. I never use Falco, but I want him to return so people that like him can play as him again.
I'm on the fence when it comes to Falco, i like his blue hitstun lasers and throw out reflector gimmick but they need more than the 8 moves in Brawl to make him luigified.
His firebird and side b also need their own gimmick maybe he can travel further than Fox with a floating animation and blue fire and his side b could be some sort of
psycho crusher move where he spins fast forward with his beat also his up/down smash should change animations maybe with his wings...
Airwing as Final Smash is a must, he seems to be the best pilot of the crew. Wolf i really want cut in half or a million of pieces if possible, wannebe Deathstroke and
he isn't even a villain and that up smash sound is so annoying can think of so many other characters to go in Smash before him.
If Krystal and her staff have the go in than let her replace Wolf cause i'll steam fire if i see 4 Starfox characters!

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I don't care about how other people feel. It's terrible idea to take original character's moves. Do you think Captain Falcon fans will not care if he somehow got Warlock while Ganondorf got Falcon Punch? They will piss off just as much as I do that they will definitely want Ganondorf to get cut. They wouldn't care about people's who main Ganondorf feel either.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I don't care about how other people feel. It's terrible idea to take original character's moves. Do you think Captain Falcon fans will not care if he somehow got Warlock while Ganondorf got Falcon Punch? They will piss off just as much as I do that they will definitely want Ganondorf to get cut. They wouldn't care about people's who main Ganondorf feel either.
You're evil if you don't care about other people. Instead of cutting clones, why not just change their moves?

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Guys, remember that custom movesets only apply to local multiplayer and online play with friends. They aren't going to cut characters because of customizable movesets.

Anyways, I'd love to see some weapons from Starfox Assault as well. Grenades, Gatling Guns, Machine Guns, Homing Launchers...

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Cut falco and replace him with Krystal. Give wolf unique b moves and a final smash. Ther you go all 3 unique and Fanbase is happy.

Falco served no purpose besides being last minute filler.

Fox - hero
Krystal - female(something smash lacks&)
Wolf - Villian(again so wthing smash lacks')

Falco doesn't really bring anything unique at all

D

Deleted member

Cut falco and replace him with Krystal. Give wolf unique b moves and a final smash. Ther you go all 3 unique and Fanbase is happy.
Except for Falco's fanbase who is arguably larger than Wolf's or any Star Fox character not named Fox, also you gotta have a sidekick in there!

But eh, its Sakurai: Crushing dreams & breaking hearts since 2001.

Whos to say he won't revamp Falco...ah who am I kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Falco only became popular cause of smash. People requested Wolf > Falco pre melee. So many people were outraged that falco was chosen before Wolf.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Falco only became popular cause of smash. People requested Wolf > Falco pre melee. So many people were outraged that falco was chosen before Wolf.
For being a direct clone of Fox, Falco seems to be the better choice to me. At least Falco can set himself appart by his jumping height. Having Wolf act as a Fox clone would be somewhat awkward I feel.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
For being a direct clone of Fox, Falco seems to be the better choice to me. At least Falco can set himself appart by his jumping height. Having Wolf act as a Fox clone would be somewhat awkward I feel.
It's as in Mario and Luigi actually... I hope they won't be clones that much anymore... I'd rather see Falco gone and replaced by Wolf. That'll leave us a new free slot for a new character

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I Coulda sworn it was the other way around.

But hey, believe in what you want, I won't stop you.
No it wasn't. Falco was requested but wolf was requested a lot more. When the melee roster first leaked most people thought it was fake and were dissapointed with characters such as pichu, dr. Mario, young link, clone ganondorf , Roy and falco. Fans were upset that falco was chosen before Wolf.

Sakurai also said he chose falco before wolf because he felt wolf would have looked like a Gray Fox in melee. So he chose the less popular falco because his appearance looks different from fox. Then later wolf was finally added with a more unique moveset. He's a semi clone but hey his A attacks are all unique.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i believe sakurai knows what's best for this smash... I have complete faith in the decisions he makes for this smash. This smash is going to be more focussed on balance and competitive play...

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
We know someone is going to say it, so I will.

DAT AIN'T FALCO.

On topic, I would definitely not count either unconfirmed space animal out. I really liked brawl's Star Fox cast selection, and I hope it stays unchanged.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
I doubt that custom moves alone would seal the fate for the other spacies. However, I feel it would be a waste to not declone Falco and replace the Landmasters. I'm already salty enough about :4tlink:

If I had to cut one, it would be Falco. Only if they were both unchanged, though.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Re working Ganondorf is the best thing Sakurai could ever do for him. Ganondorf deserves to be accurate and not Falcondorf.

Dunk Master

Smash Cadet
I don't think customizable move sets means anything for falco and wolf because toon link and lucina are in the game so clones aren't gone yet (seriously sakurai). As for star fox characters that should be in ssb4 here is what I think:

1) Falco is too popular at this point to remove, but that doesn't mean he should still be a clone. Wolf on the other hand isn't really necessary, however he is not really a clone (yes his specials are similar, but everything else about him played completely different). So my proposal is to keep Falco and give him most of Wolf's A attacks (maybe grabs too) and a mix of their B attacks. Something like Falco's blaster, Wolf's angled dash, Falco's tossed reflector, and idk about up B - something new would be nice.

2) Toss out Wolf for the reasons given above (sorry) :(

3) Include Krystal. Although I'm not a fan of her, she has been in the newer star fox games and she can fill a needed spot. Beyond needing more female characters, ssb needs characters that wield something beside a sword. Krystal has a staff. Unique.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
3) Include Krystal. Although I'm convinced that only furries like her, she has been in the newer star fox games and she can fill a needed spot. Beyond needing more female characters, ssb needs characters that wield something beside a sword. Krystal has a staff. Unique.
I'm not a furry. :(

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
sorry, that was more aggressive than I planned on it being. I know a few people that really like her for questionable reasons and arn't afraid to hide it. I will omit it.
Nah I kno where you're coming from. There's a lot of furry lovers out there and a good majority do love them some Krystal. I'm just not one of those people lol

But to the topic at hand. I don't think this means anything for Wolf and Falco. I think the custom moves will all be radically different from the Starfox characters in terms of how they're performed and whatnot.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I don't think customizable move sets means anything for falco and wolf because toon link and lucina are in the game so clones aren't gone yet (seriously sakurai). As for star fox characters that should be in ssb4 here is what I think:

1) Falco is too popular at this point to remove, but that doesn't mean he should still be a clone. Wolf on the other hand isn't really necessary, however he is not really a clone (yes his specials are similar, but everything else about him played completely different). So my proposal is to keep Falco and give him most of Wolf's A attacks (maybe grabs too) and a mix of their B attacks. Something like Falco's blaster, Wolf's angled dash, Falco's tossed reflector, and idk about up B - something new would be nice.

2) Toss out Wolf for the reasons given above (sorry) :(

3) Include Krystal. Although I'm not a fan of her, she has been in the newer star fox games and she can fill a needed spot. Beyond needing more female characters, ssb needs characters that wield something beside a sword. Krystal has a staff. Unique.
Sakurai wanted Wolf since Melee and was originally going to add him instead of Falco. It's safe to say that Wolf isn't going anywhere, but I'm still curious on whats going to happen with the star fox veterans' custom move sets.

As for Krystal? **** that.

Dunk Master

Smash Cadet
Sakurai wanted Wolf since Melee and was originally going to add him instead of Falco. It's safe to say that Wolf isn't going anywhere, but I'm still curious on whats going to happen with the star fox veterans' custom move sets.

As for Krystal? **** that.
I do like all three of them so I would be really happy if they all made it. However, if they end up being clones again then I feel like its a waste of a spot that could have been used for another representative. If they came up with a new move set for Falco's A attacks (or at least some of them) then by all means please bring them all back.

As for custom moves Sakurai might just give them all the same variations. I hope this isn't the case though because their is a lot of potential here. Obviously, you can change the power, speed, or distance of the specials, but you could give some unique qualities to the attacks too like sweet spots, meteor slam potential, or super armor. Sakurai touched on this some in Brawl with the side specials (falco had a meteor slam and wolf had a sweet spot) and if he stretched some of these qualities to the other abilities, I think that would be pretty cool.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I would just diversify Falco more, and give them both their own final smashes. Wolf is unique enough.
Custom moves shouldn't mean a whole lot, as has been stated, because they can't be used online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom