• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WC vs EC Canada WE MUST SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Where shall this be held? How will this work? when shall this happen?

im thinking 10 v 10 of the best from WC vs the best from EC and meet in the middle of Canada!

Of course theres gotta be a nice 1v1 and 2v2 tourney as well;)

DISCUSS!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Well as much as I would love to go to this I don't think I can unless its like next summer or something. To much school for me and lack of funds to attend.
So this might acually be quite difficult to organize, I don't think I'm the only one with school and such.
Also curius what the WC and EC team would look like.
WC might be PunchCrew+SHWN+FalseFalco+RichmondCrew+Me(I'm my own crew xD) but thats only 9 people.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
FalseFalco and SHWN are not punch crew.

I believe spring break is around mid may for most schools (here at least) so it shouldn't conflict...

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Ah yes I knew you guys weren't PunchCrew but just forgot to add you.
I don't have winter break or spring break. My breaks are like 2-3 day breaks only. But I can still tell the teacher that I'll be gone for a bit longer and he can give me double the homework xD

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
I got a master plan, You guys need to hold 10 Tournaments in that time spam. Let 1 of your 10 win each tournament so they can afford plane tickets!

Isnt my idea brilliant?

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
That's not really a master plan I see lots of faults in it >_>

1. Entrance fees - saps from the money from each guy. 15 bucks * 10 = 150 lost
2. 1 of the 10 don't go to later tournies - decreasing 1st place prize for each subsequent tournament + plane tickets that rise in price = hurts
3. Gas

Locke)

Smash Ace
I'd say the best time would be right at the beginning of summer. However, situations migh change by then and this could all fall apart. Plus the Wii is out by then right? That will effectively end melee for most people, unless it flops..knock on wood. Are we still going to be playing melee?

Locke)

Smash Ace
lolz metaknight where the heck were you during the montreal tournament. Don't give us any of this retired business. I'd still like to see you in action, and many of us in Ontario can give you a good challenge now, actually at this point we probably won't even have to try hard against you [/joking comment to pull you back into the game]

Patooty

Smash Ace
I'm down. SSBB doesn't come out till 2007, that's all we have so far. So there may be time to throw one of these after all.

First thing's first, who's WILLING to host?
Secondly, there must be an uber prize for the winner.

Locke)

Smash Ace
A crown. Diamond ideally, but solid gold would work too. And apparently the edmonton guys are already thinking of holding this?

Patooty

Smash Ace
well.. if they've got the facility to do it, and the willingness to run everything then I'm fine with it... do you know if EC wants to host at all? I mean, it saves you travel expenses, that's a plus, but just keep in mind that everyone travelling expects your community to pay for MOST of the tournament expenses..

Edit: Gold crown sounds good XD

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
well.. if they've got the facility to do it, and the willingness to run everything then I'm fine with it... do you know if EC wants to host at all? I mean, it saves you travel expenses, that's a plus, but just keep in mind that everyone travelling expects your community to pay for MOST of the tournament expenses..

Edit: Gold crown sounds good XD
Carl said the Facility would be good to do it in so May 19th, 2007 in Edmonton Alberta... sound good?

Any other decisions on where to host and such?

Locke)

Smash Ace
We could definitely arrange for something in Toronto. I can't really speak for them but there are alot of guys that are fully capable of hosting a tournament.

Dice

Smash Lord
In Toronto the crew NNR has hosted several successful tournaments over the past little while. They seem to have a reliable place and everything always seems to go smoothly (even though I have yet to attend one of their tournaments >_<).

And if WC came here I'm sure something could be arranged about not having to spend as much once you got here considering you have already paid for the plane tickets. But all of that shall be discussed later. For now discuss how much EC pwns :)

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
The advantage of not meeting halfway is that, Housing wont be a problem then and we wont end up all having to pay even more for hotels and **** since noone actually lives in the middle of nowhere =p. As well as a larger guarantee of all east coast comming if its in Toronto.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
The advantage of not meeting halfway is that, Housing wont be a problem then and we wont end up all having to pay even more for hotels and **** since noone actually lives in the middle of nowhere =p. As well as a larger guarantee of all east coast comming if its in Toronto.
LOL I live in the middle of nowhere now? Housing could be arranged.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
We went all the way to west coast to play you guys for OC2, costing us a lot of money + travel.

So I say WC gets here next year.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
We went all the way to west coast to play you guys for OC2, costing us a lot of money + travel.

So I say WC gets here next year.
sounds fair enough... when will the EC host this MASSIVE EVENT?

Also i got a fun idea... lets get the 10 best in WC in one vid vsing other people showing thier skillz and lets get the 10 best in EC in another vid vsing other people showing thier skillz...:)

then when WC vs EC Canada ever happens we put some of the WC stuff and some of the EC stuff in one vid and THEN we can say " The most exciting crew battle in Canada"

Locke)

Smash Ace
I say we do this tournament in honour of Pheonyxfyre, the original creator of the all-canada tournament, even if it didn't work out *muffled profanities at police*

So the name of the tournament should be TCT 2 : We love you Pheonyx.

Discuss.

Dice

Smash Lord
I think we should call it TCT 2 : WC Thought they had a chance...

Discuss. :p

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
ah well... things change in a year, maybe I'll be ramped to go to a crew battle by then

and for my playstyle... go ask chester he's probably memorized how I play >_>

Patooty

Smash Ace
hmm... I say we should make up our minds on a date and place for this by the end of September. By then everybody can find out when school lets out. Also cheap plane tickets TO THE EXTREME!!!!

FalseFalco

Smash Master
hmm... I say we should make up our minds on a date and place for this by the end of September. By then everybody can find out when school lets out. Also cheap plane tickets TO THE EXTREME!!!!
I bought tickets for California 5-6 months in advance for $550 and Jarrod found tickets for $400 the week before the tournament :mad:

WC>EC.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm... interesting thread..

First we must agree on a location:
I like the idea of Toronto, and having a TCT2... plus TCT2 looks and sounds cool.
If Edmonton gets it, us ECers are going to have to get our **** together quickly as ****.
We could also look into Montreal... we should ask card how much it will cost for the big room instead of the kitchen -_-. Anyway, Toronto, me likey, they have good stuff going on for tourneys.

Predictions?... EC by 3 OR 6, very precisely.

Meta: wtf @ memorizing you're style. O_o I'm not Inui in Prince of Tennis... or that Pokémon Trainer that only attacked while looking at his laptop... meh. *Shrugs*

Edit; OMFG we should have t-shirts for the crew battle, with a bad *** TCT2 logo. hmmm...

EDIT: OMFG let's invite americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom