• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uair or airdodge (DI)

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
I use the regular uair for momentum cancel and **** after I get hit, but now I see nietono doing airdodges instead of uair. I would like to know what the advantages of airdodges are over uair. Even though you can use it first doesnt mean its better right...

NNID
Budget_Player
The trick with DI is always "what's the soonest I can jump/use a special". And there's no difference in hitstun time between airdodges and aerials. Just pick the aerial/airdodge that has the least total frames, and use that. Not sure what it is with Olimar.

Greward

Smash Lord
i usually use nair cos someone told me nair > uair for momentum cancelling.
are u sure uair has less frames than nair?

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Try to SH nair then land with another nair, now try to SH uair and land with uair, you will know which one is faster.

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
lol uair is the fastest, but this is about WHY nietono is using airdodge then? bad habits? i doubt it :s

Greward

Smash Lord
ok nair comes out faster but uair finishes faster
ill start using uair again lol thx guys

nietono maybe uses airdodge cause it comes out faster but i dont understand it too much

Luigi player

Smash Master
Airdodge is better if you're flying to the side (and won't hit the blastzone on the top), uair(or others) are better if you're flying up and want to stop a bit vertical momentum by fast-falling (which you can only do with an aerial).

People (usually) don't airdodge, because they DI up most of the time (because most hits hit to the sides and you want to aim your momentum to the top corners of the blastzone) and so they won't die off the top they use an aerial so they can fastfall.

Top Bottom