• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I am really excited at the idea of potentially revisiting the Unova Pokemon games as they were my favorite for the longest time and I would be happy with a remake, a sequel or even a port.

But I know that I would hate for it to be announced because there will be an annoying and toxic discourse no matter what happens

BDSP Style remake: Internet would be basically unusable, especially after the Palworld stuff.

Full on Remake ala ORAS or a sequel to B2W2: Constant complaints about ruining the games and wish that they were just ports

Ports: Complaints that they aren't ORAS style remakes

While a lot of the discourse can be avoided by just... not using the internet. I think I am dreading this cycle more than usual is because I low key believe that I could very easily agree with one of those takes above lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Idk why but I keep getting all giddy seeing random Persona 5 npc models being used in 3 Reload (and somehow managing to remember them all easily)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, the first time I watched Enter the Florpus, and it gets to the part where ZIM is all depressed because he found out The Tallest aren't coming, and Dib just had his talk with his dad about not believing him or supporting him, I actually thought ZIM and Dib were just gonna say "**** it" and team up to show up both of their authority figures together. And honestly... I kinda wanna see that version of the movie.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Nono, not D&D, DBD, Dead by Daylight lol.

Apparently the Demogorgon is a killer you can play as in that game, but a few years ago the license wasn't renewed meaning they had to nuke a lot of the ST content from the game, until they apparently re-renewed the contract recently.
...Derp. My bad for misreading that.

Yeah, the Demogorgon from the show is among the game's killers and some of the show;'s teenage characters are among the playable survivors I remember there being an announcement about the content getting removed (or least not longer available to players who hadn't already unlocked them) a few years back, but it seems like the content's back in the game now.

I'm not surprised considering the show's sheer popularity. The Demogorgon itself is a memorable monster and antagonist, and the two guest survivors are among the show's most popular characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hol **** Nintendo Just tweeted and deleted this:
IMG_9623.jpeg

1707086267163.jpeg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was checking on the controller that I pre-ordered from Limited Run Games a couple days ago and it says it won't ship until around November.

That's ridiculous.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's been over eight years now, but I got all of my backer rewards for Psychonauts 2! (the digital artbook was just sent out) This is my first time (and likely one of my only times - I've only done this when I'm confident that the team will deliver) getting involved in crowdfunding, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. (it helped that I really liked Psychonauts 2)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently Microsoft is considering bringing Starfield and Indiana Jones to other platforms.

I’m not sure on how accurate the source is, only credible thing they mentioned off the top of my head was Doom and TMNT in Fortnite.

Speaking of, same source also mentioned Power Rangers in Fortnite.

StormC

Smash Hero
Apparently Microsoft is considering bringing Starfield and Indiana Jones to other platforms.

I’m not sure on how accurate the source is, only credible thing they mentioned off the top of my head was Doom and TMNT in Fortnite.

Speaking of, same source also mentioned Power Rangers in Fortnite.
The general vibe I am getting is MS is de-emphasizing their hardware. Wonder if PS6 will be more or less unchallenged.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Kazuya Mishima being a sneakerhead isn’t just a cinematic ending for his story in Tekken 8, it’s actually been established since the first game.

1707093078769.png

He doesn’t even wear shoes. He would beat me in a match just by saying my Jordans are fake.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Super Paper Mario
PEAK!
PEAK!
PEAK!
I'm sorry WHAT!!! This is more than I expected them to do in a remaster of Generations! Black friggin Doom!?! The Biolizard!?! What's next?
I’m honestly pretty hyped though. Never got to play Generations, and all I’ve heard is good things. Now I finally have the chance.
I did play Generations, but I never finished it due to getting the Red Ring of Death.
So what are we up to, fellow kids?
Beating Master Detective Archives: Rain Code and planing to get the DLC Cases tomorrow.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Started watching Solo Leveling.

It started out not too bad, but by the end of episode 3 it was getting really good and has only gone up from there.

Really solid series so far. Looking forward to more!

PF9

Smash Lord
Sony doing the Zelda movie shocks me given their rivalry with Nintendo I was expecting 20th Century Studios.

In any event, it needs to be produced with a December release date in mind. A video game movie winning big at several major awards ceremonies would be big news.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sony doing the Zelda movie shocks me given their rivalry with Nintendo I was expecting 20th Century Studios.

In any event, it needs to be produced with a December release date in mind. A video game movie winning big at several major awards ceremonies would be big news.
I was expecting Universal. They do live action stuff too.

PF9

Smash Lord
Since it is Smash's 25th anniversary this year there should be an album of various metal acts from across the spectrum covering songs used in the series over the years. Most would be instrumentals but there would be three vocal tracks as well that would be released as singles:

Limp Bizkit - DK Rap
Lacuna Coil - Snake Eater
Lita Ford - Sonic Boom (would also be used in the third Sonic movie from Paramount later this year)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Universal some deal in place with Nintendo, given the theme park and the Mario Movie. I'm gonna assume the deal revolves around Mario specifically given that they haven't strayed away from that universe.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Universal some deal in place with Nintendo, given the theme park and the Mario Movie. I'm gonna assume the deal revolves around Mario specifically given that they haven't strayed away from that universe.
The only thing against that theory is that

USJ already has Pokemon stuff (and I think they announced stuff for the US as well)

and other rumors and patents are showing that Zelda is getting an area, Also Aonuma was seen at some construction.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Wait a sec.
  • Simpsons theme park rights are at Universal
  • Simpsons video game rights are at Electronic Arts
Did 20th Century Fox Studios forgot about the Simpsons? (technically at one point they were the company mascots)

Last edited:
Top Bottom