• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Famitsu is saying that the main campaign for Sonic Superstars will last around 30 hours or so. Wonder how much of that is actually worthwhile content. 🤔

Oh, and they scored it a 32/40.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah first season was flames.

I haven't hit season 2 because Yu Yu Hakasho has been taking up my time, but I'll get to it. I have heard the manga is speedrunning so that'll be fun.

Or I get to Demon Slayer first and then that... eventually.

View attachment 379126
My own generation is a mystery to me because I guess I used the internet wrong as a kid…?

KillerCage

Smash Master
OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS

Not only is this is a collection of almost every major Disney Channel villain singing and uniting for Halloween, but you also have King Andrias himself canonically singing, meta jokes, and tons of returning older villains. They even brought back David Xanatos, The Huntsman, Dark Lord Chuckles, Lord Dominator, and even Toffee for this one. I know Broken Karaoke tends to bring back characters from older shows, but this one has got to take the cake. This is freaking amazing.

Also, Toffee and Lord Dominator casually toasting drinks while sitting on lawnchairs is something I didn't know I needed in my life until now.
What the heck did I just watch!?
And why was it so good!?!?

Shroob

Sup?
Famitsu is saying that the main campaign for Sonic Superstars will last around 30 hours or so. Wonder how much of that is actually worthwhile content. 🤔

Oh, and they scored it a 32/40.
32/40 is basically the Famitsu classic score.

Like, I'd wager it's the most common score they give.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A twitter user leaked out major plotpoints to Spidey 2 online...and then got confused and mad over Insomniac blocking their account

also in the 616 life, the Avengers hired a ****ing planet as a member while Peter Parker suffers some more

Shroob

Sup?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Quick updates on the whole Microsoft thing:

1. The European Union is not going to require a new investigation to the restructured deal. This is the one where, everywhere but a EU country, Ubisoft holds the Cloud Gaming rights to Activision Blizzard games.

2. Those lawyers from the Gamer Lawsuit are back and trying to make Microsoft hold Activision Blizzard as a separate subsidiary after the deal is closed... which is what is already going to happen and what happened with both Bethesda and Mojang (to the point both have separate copyrights in Smash (Vault Boy costume doesn't count as that was pre-Microsoft))

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Quick updates on the whole Microsoft thing:

1. The European Union is not going to require a new investigation to the restructured deal. This is the one where, everywhere but a EU country, Ubisoft holds the Cloud Gaming rights to Activision Blizzard games.

2. Those lawyers from the Gamer Lawsuit are back and trying to make Microsoft hold Activision Blizzard as a separate subsidiary after the deal is closed... which is what is already going to happen and what happened with both Bethesda and Mojang (to the point both have separate copyrights in Smash (Vault Boy costume doesn't count as that was pre-Microsoft))
All that matters is that it finally ends. If we were to witness another massive merger like rumored (be it Disney buying EA or being bought out of Apple, Comcast buying WBD, or Nintendo buying a galaxy), then we’ll be stuck going through more ruthless money dramas…so let’s pray for a break

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
10 ****ing years
Definitely one of my most fondly remembered Pokemon games. More many reasons, Gen 5 turned me off of Pokemon for a bit (at least compared to Gens 1-4), and Gen 6 brought me back. Compared to the Gen 5 Starter Pokemon leaks, Gen 6 did everything right in terms of generating hype before release.

I assume replaying the story will probably poke some holes in my nostalgia, but I still have a lot of fond memories of everything else the games did right and stood for within the history of the series. Together with ORAS, Gen 6 might be my favorite overall generation.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I might actually replay them next week for the first time in a decade when I'm on vacation. lol

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All that matters is that it finally ends. If we were to witness another massive merger like rumored (be it Disney buying EA or being bought out of Apple, Comcast buying WBD, or Nintendo buying a galaxy), then we’ll be stuck going through more ruthless money dramas…so let’s pray for a break
1. Yeah let's hope for a break.

2. FTC wants to re-open Discovery so they can get info on the deals with Ubisoft and Sony. Microsoft gave them terms, but FTC wants to know the rationale behind it. Same with the Sony deal from this past July.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Everyone remembers him. And yet he never sells enough to stay.

His numbers would be fine for a smaller company to keep him around. But someone like Ubisoft? They have bigger fish to fry. It’s so sad.

And this is why capitalism is ruining games.
Rayman sells a lot more than small indie games going toe to toe with a lot of other platformers except Mario and Sonic (and crash if you're looking at his OG trilogy though I can't find any data for Crash 4)

But it's like you said he's owned by yuba soft and they've become so obsessed with mega profits unfortunately

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I ****ing hate Kashtira thank you Master Duel now I can relive the torturous past six months that just got banned IRL.

Also pulled no TTT and barely any Rescue-Ace (seems like the only new deck that doesn’t feel terrible to play) like I wanted; but of course I have plenty of the Gishki URs! I’ve been teetering in Plat 1 with my 8-Axis Blind Second for days hoping my draws are decent i literally just played a game where my last hope was using pot of desires after getting disrupted two times and drew into two more ****ing copies of pot of desires like HOW

Shroob

Sup?
I ****ing hate Kashtira thank you Master Duel now I can relive the torturous past six months that just got banned IRL.

Also pulled no TTT and barely any Rescue-Ace (seems like the only new deck that doesn’t feel terrible to play) like I wanted; but of course I have plenty of the Gishki URs! I’ve been teetering in Plat 1 with my 8-Axis Blind Second for days hoping my draws are decent i literally just played a game where my last hope was using pot of desires after getting disrupted two times and drew into two more ****ing copies of pot of desires like HOW
When life gives you lemons, you make Gishki Spright like I did, lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0404.jpeg

mixed feelings with this one. On one hand **** that bull****…but on the other I might get more John Cena and Rock on my WWE programming

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 379128
mixed feelings with this one. On one hand ** that bull**but on the other I might get more John Cena and Rock on my WWE programming
2% as unreasonable is embarrassing. Can onky have 19 yachts instead of 20.

On a different note, nobody told me Yu Yu Hakasho is having a Netflix live action adaption.

I won't be there.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think the YYH adaptation could be fun as a tokusatsu-style production, but no way to know if it's good or not. As a huge fan of the original manga and anime, though, I am obligated to watch it. I watched all of Cowboy Bebop and this can't be that bad... can it?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think the YYH adaptation could be fun as a tokusatsu-style production, but no way to know if it's good or not. As a huge fan of the original manga and anime, though, I am obligated to watch it. I watched all of Cowboy Bebop and this can't be that bad... can it?
It has ToQ1 as Kurama so I am at the bery least watching a bit of it

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
2% as unreasonable is embarrassing. Can onky have 19 yachts instead of 20.

On a different note, nobody told me Yu Yu Hakasho is having a Netflix live action adaption.

I won't be there.
them yachts come cheap to them, so they need to be in the 20s and 30s to compensate for the lack of high costs

and now unrelated to all that, how am I so damn late on this Tara Strong stuff going on rn

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Happy birthday Noipoi Noipoi !

I got another drawing done; this one has Mario stuff, but is focused on a scarecrow that looks like Geno.

Somehow, I think I drew the hands better than I thought I could.
Ngl, seeing your drawings from way back to now, I can tell you've been putting in the work cause you've been cooking with these latest drawings. Keep it up, been real enjoyable seeing them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tara Strong cousin…maybe I shouldn’t have searched that up despite the internet telling me to

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ngl, seeing your drawings from way back to now, I can tell you've been putting in the work cause you've been cooking with these latest drawings. Keep it up, been real enjoyable seeing them.
Thank you very much! Reading that makes me happy :)

I‘ll keep trying my best!

If you're able to draw hands properly, you can draw the Mona Lisa.

Hands are the devil.
yeah I’ve seen it said they’re really hard xD

I guess I should probably draw some using references sometime, or do any art studies in general.

Top Bottom