• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Lol, snake is way worse then that muratio more like 15:85.....
Ddd is also way worse
mk isn't as worse as 30;70 more like 40:60/35:65.
Gaw isnt 25:75 either more like 30:70
marth is also way more worse just like snake

Also if you're going to discuss low tiers.... (<___<).... Discuss yoshi

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Yes he is, he can camp you kill you at 70 he's to heavy to ever k.o imagine if you'd face a snake with the di of ally, also nades ftilt/utilt and usmash kill like every approach, rest is useless

Blablabla i could go on forever

B.Mack

Smash Ace
snake is like the easiest char to WoP once you get him offstage. you're probably never gonna kill him any way other than gimping. although, GaW and especially Marth are MILES worse for Jiggs.

I vote we discuss Zelda.

EDIT: yeah, rest is irrelevant anyway. not useful against anybody. Just that Snake's fsmash will kill you at like 5% and he can stick C4 to you for extra punishment.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Don't misunderstand me, I know the matchup is awful. But all of Jigg's matchups are, so what makes him special enough to make Jiggs' usual useless game even more useless ?

EDIT: yeah, rest is irrelevant anyway. not useful against anybody. Just that Snake's fsmash will kill you at like 5% and he can stick C4 to you for extra punishment.
=_=....

Anyway. Zelda or Samus are my votes. The quicker we can get the LTs out of the way, the quicker we get people to stop moaning about her viability outside of LT.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Alright, the general consensus seems to be Zelda and Samus, so we'll discuss Zelda first.

Match Up Thread Export - Zelda

In related news, I'm considering following suit of several other boards and dropping match up ratios altogether, and replacing it with the "Advantage, Neutal, Disadvantage, etc." system. It's really not worth bickering over five points. I'd like everyone's input on this matter.

Also, expect a massive overhaul of the OP of the Compendium and each individual match up export.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
That's fine with me. I've been writing... write ups on alot of my current matchup experience. I was planning on posting a bulk of it once i got done with a total of 7 characters. I previously had ratios... but everyone does bicker over stupid percents. I plan on dropping it soon, i'll just edit it to have advantage disadvantage neutral. That makes life alot easier. Especially for anyone reading previous matchups. There's always that one guy (me at one point) who comes in an says 'game and watch?! That must be a 35/65... not a 25/75' either way... it's a disadvantage.

Regardless of that useless paragraph i ended up writing.
yes.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
In related news, I'm considering following suit of several other boards and dropping match up ratios altogether, and replacing it with the "Advantage, Neutal, Disadvantage, etc." system. It's really not worth bickering over five points. I'd like everyone's input on this matter.

Also, expect a massive overhaul of the OP of the Compendium and each individual match up export.
Well the whole point of the ratios is to give an idea of how bad or good a MU is. I mean like how both ROB and GnW are disadvantages, but GnW is way worse for puff then ROB is (just as an example, I don't wanna argue if GnW is not that bad or ROB is terrible). Which is only slightly difficult and which is nigh impossible? I do think people arguing over a few points is dumb but I'm against removing ratios.

Also I look forward to the change to the OP, hasn't changed much in forever :)

Numbers mean nothing in smash.

I say to you that Luigi to Jiggs is 60-40 (just random figures and chars I threw out). This means NOTHING. You don't want a summary of a match up. You want DETAILS. Ratios are nothing but hinderances to the metagame. They are not useful in the slightest.

From the information provided, you decide for yourself how you play the match up, knowing whos favor it is in will not help you in the slightest.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I agree, I hate people who drop by the MU threads without saying a single word and then they just drop in a number for a matchup they haven't even played before.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Ratios are there to give the difference between what match up is worse for her like eraofgames said. But. I agree with you on the detail part, and every person plays the match up different. But when people are seeing some mus as impossible and the other as 'just a disadvantage' while it's the other way around it doesn't make sence, this thread is now saying that wario is harder then ddd for example....

Offtopic:
Also 'lzr' I'm not taking things serious of you, from now on ill even ignore your horrible posts, :D

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I wonder what I have done now, but I guess people have some problems with not agreeing with someone.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Kinda ironic as that link said no matches. I guess you were wrong after all.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Guys.
i wanna talk about Zelda.

Like, she's annoying. Kills early.
and is a ***** to fight. And since she's in low tiers we should cover it.

Thanks.
-Mink

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Zelda is pretty free offstage. She's tall and a big target but that u-smash is ****ing annoying for jigglypuff, so it's important to learn to sdi it

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Here, a trick vs noobzelda:

If she's on the end of the stage go to the other end of the stage, charge rollout like a noob if the zelda wil use din's fire it's a free hit/kill lmao.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Ooo.
scary question.
Alot of people don't play jiggly in big tourneys, only in low tiers. So it's hard to judge.

DaPuffster (jigglymaster) is probably the best jigglypuff. By tourney results, i think i am 2? I'm not 100% though.

SoulPech

Smash Master
@ Mink

Highest I placed was 4th place at a tournament in Toledo offline... roughly a year ago. All the other places I've been to I've been getting top 20 offline.

Last tournament I didnt make it out of pools because 14-15 top players in Ohio were there and there was only a 16 man bracket.

SoulPech

Smash Master
@ Noob:

I took a look at the threads for Mario and Lucas.

for Mario: Juu is right on that one.... Less stage = Jigglypuff. Didn't you say at the end of the thread that it was a 60:40 Jigglypuff's favor? If it is, then it's posted different in the OP.
for Lucas: I haven't played too many Lucas'. The only one I played was Tyr and he beat me on account of I didn't understand the match up. To my surprise, I take a look at the Lucas Matchup thread and it was....very thin.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
PS Don't be surprised. for some reason the bulk of the matchup for low tiers is missing....

And people think we'll whip out pocket jigglys for high tiers -.-

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Puff's MU's most of the time don't matter. People won't know the MU and we can get away with stupid stuff like rollout sometimes lol.
And Puff is like more popular than Zelda.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP.

If nobody has any objection, I say we rediscuss some MUs.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP.

If nobody has any objection, I say we rediscuss some MUs.
I'm assuming you want to discuss Olimar. I do not object, but I really have nothing to add myself.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, yes, definitely Olimar.

But other Matchups would be pretty good too.

So let's start with Olimar then.

Top Bottom