• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Promoted. Might even bring his series back.

Would you rather see Saki (Sin and Punishment) promoted from AT to playable or Dillon (Dillon’s Rolling Western) promoted from AT to playable?

Yarael-BJ-Poof

Smash Cadet
2D sprite. It would actually look pretty cool that way.

Would you rather have all the stages be omega form only, or have the only way to play be with motion controls?

Last edited:

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Stages in omega form only, at least the game would still be playable...

Would you rather them bring back pichu or young link?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Stages in omega form only, at least the game would still be playable...

Would you rather them bring back pichu or young link?
Young Link! Pichu was mostly a joke - if they brought in a Pikachu evolution, I’d want Raichu! :p Young Link was mostly just transferred into Toon Link, but I’d rather see him back than Pichu.

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Young Link! Pichu was mostly a joke - if they brought in a Pikachu evolution, I’d want Raichu! :p Young Link was mostly just transferred into Toon Link, but I’d rather see him back than Pichu.
You forgot to post a question

Last edited:

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Good. I'd rather have 15 new ones, I feel like 25 cut stages back is a little excessive, and I think we could get some cool new stages with the games nintendo has released recently like odyssey and botw

Would you rather them cut Roy or Corrin?

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Race to the Finish. With an online leaderboard incorporated, it'd be cool to compare times (kinda like Odyssey)

Speaking of Odyssey... would you rather have a Cappy Mario as a new character with original staying or an updated move-set that replaces current Mario?

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Race to the Finish. With an online leaderboard incorporated, it'd be cool to compare times (kinda like Odyssey)

Speaking of Odyssey... would you rather have a Cappy Mario as a new character with original staying or an updated move-set that replaces current Mario?
A replacement! All characters get some updates over time, so changing one or two of Mario’s moves to Odyssey stuff is fine. Wouldn’t make sense to make a whole new character slot - people already disagree on Dr. Mario coming back, and many think he should be an alternate costume - having Mario and “Classic Mario” would cause even more of that, I’d think.

Would you rather they bring back Ryu or Cloud?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Cloud. I know this is a platform fighter, but given that Ryu is in a fighting game series I feel that other non-fighting game characters should get their hand at a unique moveset for a fighting game.

I haven’t read the ones before this so let me know if I’m repeating:

Would you rather a character who does not become playable get represented as a Mii Fighter Costume or not at all?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Not at all I guess. I mean, they’re a pretty pale imitation, albeit fun refrences.

Metroid or DK newcomer?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Metroid, as long as its Ridley

No cuts and only 5 newcomer
Or
8 cuts and 15 newcomers

D

Deleted member 269706

is just cut 8 an option?

Your main gets cut but in exchange your least favorite character gets cut
OR
both get cloned

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Most wanted newcomer

Would you rather have unlockable content or have everything unlocked from the start.

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely on the unlockable content train. Some of my favourite moments are unlocking characters in Smash, I'd like to preserve that. In fact, I still go back and unlock everything in Melee/Brawl from time to time just to enjoy the playthrough.

That being said, for the sake of tournaments, it would be much easier if both routes were possible (like secret button combos to unlock all characters/stages from the start menu, but regular unlocks are available.)

Would you rather Nintendo branch out smash bros to include non video-game characters, or maintain that characters should be from video game franchises first and foremost to be included?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely on the unlockable content train. Some of my favourite moments are unlocking characters in Smash, I'd like to preserve that. In fact, I still go back and unlock everything in Melee/Brawl from time to time just to enjoy the playthrough.

That being said, for the sake of tournaments, it would be much easier if both routes were possible (like secret button combos to unlock all characters/stages from the start menu, but regular unlocks are available.)

Would you rather Nintendo branch out smash bros to include non video-game characters, or maintain that characters should be from video game franchises first and foremost to be included?
Definitely keep it limited to video games. I don’t mind if a character has been in something besides video games, of course - Pokémon has a long-running anime, and some of the other characters were once in shows too - but it’s a video game crossover. Characters should originate from a video game. I feel like that’s one rule that shouldn’t be broken.

Would you rather your most-wanted newcomer get in, but they’re the only newcomer, or none of the characters you’re hoping for get in, but there are 20 newcomers in all?

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Newcomer! K. Rool comes in and previous cut characters return that's a good day.

Would you rather they add Goku but he's a clone of Luigi or Shrek but they do a really amazing, perfect job of it that nobody can complain about.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Newcomer! K. Rool comes in and previous cut characters return that's a good day.

Would you rather they add Goku but he's a clone of Luigi or Shrek but they do a really amazing, perfect job of it that nobody can complain about.
I mean... if they did such a good job that nobody could complain, then I guess I wouldn't dislike it because I wouldn't have anything to complain about? So I guess Shrek. ...Though I can't picture how insanely perfect he'd have to be to quell all complaints. :p

Would you rather have the ability to make custom alternate color schemes, or the ability to unlock actual costumes for the characters?

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
Ability to make custom alternate color schemes.

Would you rather buff Rosalina and nerf Luma or remove Luma entirely and make Rosalina have a revamped moveset.

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Revamp Rosalina.

Would you rather they add Professor E. Gadd as a character or give some of his inventions to Luigi to use?

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Give some off his inventions to Luigi. When you think about it, most of luigi's moves don't have references or are ripped off mario's. His specials are the only secure thing, and I feel he could be more faithful to his character by using some inventions from a game Luigi is famous for.

Would you rather them add 5 semi-clones (characters like dr mario, falco, Roy, toon link, wolf, ECT.) or 2 normal clones (characters like dark pit and lucina)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Give some off his inventions to Luigi. When you think about it, most of luigi's moves don't have references or are ripped off mario's. His specials are the only secure thing, and I feel he could be more faithful to his character by using some inventions from a game Luigi is famous for.

Would you rather them add 5 semi-clones (characters like dr mario, falco, Roy, toon link, wolf, ECT.) or 2 normal clones (characters like dark pit and lucina)
5 semi-clones, duh.

Would you rather have Bandana Dee or a different Kirby rep?

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
Would rather see Marx than Bandana Dee

Would you rather have Waluigi or Isaac from Golden Sun as a playable character?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi easily. Not even for the memes but because he's part of a package deal and... it's time. It's just time.

Okay, for real joke characters would you want Egon from Ghostbusters for the Wii with the giant head or the Giant Floating Samurai Head from Zombie Nation for the NES.

Last edited:

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Okay, for real joke characters would you want Egon from Ghostbusters for the Wii with the giant head or the Giant Floating Samurai Head from Zombie Nation for the NES.
Giant Floating Head man.

Okay, here's mine:

Who would you add; Young Link with a moveset based on the masks or Link from ALBW to represents the top down games with weopons and items from said games.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Gonna go with Sans. More iconic, his boss fight is cool, and honestly just bias. I don’t see much moveset potential in Frisk/UT human.

Would you rather have CommanderVideo (Bit.Trip) or Quote (Cave Story) as a playable character?

Last edited:

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Would you rather have CommanderVideo (Bit.Trip) or Quote (Cave Story) as a playable character?
Quote. The only indie that deserves a spotlight in smash.

Alright, heres one:

Alternate costumes for DLC or more palette swaps in the base game?

Last edited:

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
This one is tough for me but im going with Alternate costumes just for the hopes that we can get Vacation Mario without hacking.

Would you rather have more dk reps or more kirby reps?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
This one is tough for me but im going with Alternate costumes just for the hopes that we can get Vacation Mario without hacking.

Would you rather have more dk reps or more kirby reps?
More DK reps please!

If you had to pick a Bethesda character, would it be Doomguy or The Dragonborn?

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
More DK reps please!

If you had to pick a Bethesda character, would it be Doomguy or The Dragonborn?
Dragonborn. I'd imagine him having better chances due to Skyrim being not as gory as Doom.
Question: If the new Pokemon Switch game is a Gen 4 Remake would you keep Lucario or rather have Infernape as a new character instead?
If anyone can't imagine him in I have this moveset to make it easier:
Neutral Attack: A basic jab attack. Infernape attacks with Fury Swipes and ends the attack off with a kick. Similar to Fox.
Foward Tilt: Infernape uses Brick Break and hits the opposing player. Works similarly to Ryu's forward tilt where he can break shields.
Up Tilt: Infernape punches up forward into the air sending anyone near up.
Down tilt: Infernape crouches down and use Scratch.
Foward Smash: Infernapes fires a devastating Fire Blast hitting anyone in his direction.
Up Smash: Infernape uses Aerial Ace and rises up into the air. Depending on how long you charge you can go higher.
Down Smash: Infernape crouches down and uses Double Kick kicking back and forth.
Neutral Air: Infernape uses Blaze Kick and spins around in the air. Anyone near will get damaged.
Foward Air: Infernape uses Shadow Claw and rears back his and then does an overhead(Similar to Mario's Foward Air)
Down Air: Infernape use Blaze Kick and sets his feet on fire striking down towards the ground. Similar to Greninja's Down Air but a bit more slower in falling.
Back Air: Infernape uses Brick Break and attacks behind him. Once again can break Sheilds.
Grab: Normal basic grab.
Pummel: Infernape repeatedly punches the opponent
Foward Throw: Infernape throws the other player forward and uses Rock Slide.
Back Throw: Infernape throws the enemy behind and uses Grass Knot to trip them down to the ground.
Down Throw: Infernape throws the enemy to the ground and uses Brick Break.
Up Throw: Infernape throws the opponent and uses Stone Edge damaging them.
Neutral Special: Infernape uses Mach Punch punching in an upwards position. Kind of like the Mii Brawlers Ultimate Uppercut move. (Custom Moves: 1. Thunder Punch 2. Poison Jab)
Side Special: Infernape inhales for 5 seconds and then unleashes a powerful Flamethrower. Can be charged. (Custom Moves: 1. Will-O-Wisp 2. Overheat)
Down Special: Infernape use Calm Mind and his attack and defence decreases. This state only lasts a short while and has a 15-minute countdown before you can use it again.
Up Special: Infernape uses Fire Spin and surrounds himself in a vortex of flames whilst launching up into the air.
Final Smash: Now I actually have two ideas for his Final Smash 1. Infernape uses the Z-Move, Inferno Overdrive unleashing a huge burst of fire around him. or 2. Blaze: Infernape activates his ability Blaze and his moveset drastically changes.
Neutral Special: Infernape uses Close Combat and unleashes a flurry of punches.
Side Special: Infernape exhales and then use Overheat.
Down Special: Infernape does a curling position and then rushes at the opposing players with a giant Flame Wheel. Direction can be changed.
Up Special: Infernape cloaks himself with flames and rushes towards in whichever direction depending on which direction the player holds the analog stick to. Although he deals damage to himself.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I’m pretty sure we’ll eventually get Gen 4 remakes on the Switch. I’m guessing the upcoming ones are Gen 8, and then the next ones will be remakes. That said, I’d keep Lucario - it’s basically the mascot of Gen 4, so it seems like the best choice.

Would you rather get an adventure mode (a la Subspace Emissary), or an expanded version of Smash Run with online multiplayer?

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I’m pretty sure we’ll eventually get Gen 4 remakes on the Switch. I’m guessing the upcoming ones are Gen 8, and then the next ones will be remakes. That said, I’d keep Lucario - it’s basically the mascot of Gen 4, so it seems like the best choice.

Would you rather get an adventure mode (a la Subspace Emissary), or an expanded version of Smash Run with online multiplayer?
Smash Run with Online Multiplayer. I actually enjoyed that mode more then Subspace.
Would you rather have Laboman or the Nintendo Labo Robot as a playable fighter?

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Laboman

Would you rather have Ice Climbers return or get a new retro rep

Top Bottom