• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teleport Shenanigans

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Is anyone finding any good uses for Teleport onstage? I'm aware of the ledge cancel tech, but is there anything else we can use it for?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
It has less ending lag if you land on the ground than if you appear in the air. In other words, you should aim to appear standing, not in freefall.

It's faster than rolling, less ending lag and also more unpredictable because he disappears and you can somewhat adjust the distance by angling the stick down in different directions.

It's also better overall, imo. He is invincible as soon as he disappears and all the way through until he reappears.

You can still punish him, even if you do it correctly and appear grounded. So you shouldn't be predictable with it, don't go spamming it.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It has less ending lag if you land on the ground than if you appear in the air. In other words, you should aim to appear standing, not in freefall.

It's faster than rolling, less ending lag and also more unpredictable because he disappears and you can somewhat adjust the distance by angling the stick down in different directions.

It's also better overall, imo. He is invincible as soon as he disappears and all the way through until he reappears.

You can still punish him, even if you do it correctly and appear grounded. So you shouldn't be predictable with it, don't go spamming it.
Is it proven to be faster? Seems about the same speed to me and you end up facing the wrong way normally.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Is it proven to be faster? Seems about the same speed to me and you end up facing the wrong way normally.
Not proven, but I tested him myself last night. I'm testing tonight with some training partners, I'll get a video.

During my testing: He can put up his shield faster upon reappearing in the ground (not freefall) than when he finishes the roll.

Facing the wrong way is lame though. Usmash might be a good option to catch those following because of the initial hitboxes when he raises his hand, though I didn't test this part

Last edited:
Top Bottom