• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, D3's Spot Dodge is Broken...

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hey GIMR, could you do a similar break down of ALL the character's Spot Dodges?

Or at least one's that have a notable quick common OoSpot dodge followup, like ROB's spot dodge > Dsmash etc.

That would be awesome :)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Rob's head is in the Z-axis the whole time, I know that much. So MK's can't tornado the top of him. They have to go down to at least his stomach

DeLux

I'm guessing his arms would be there too, because I have all kinds of trouble trying to grab ROB between his spot dodge and Dsmash even if I'm "within grab range".

Good work on this D3 thing. I'm crossing my fingers you look into the rest of cast.

If you don't want to, I'll try to get the lab to do it.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I already looked at everyones' spot dodges but only briefly

Wario pops off the ground so timing is more strict to hit him with low attacks like MK's D-tilt

Diddy Kong's is like D3's except that his leg is sticking out so it's a lot easier to punish

Ganondorfs is actually pretty good at avoiding nado since he dips low the last 5 frames.

ROBS arms are behind him at the end of his spot dodge

Get in the lab!

Nike.

Smash Hero
Would love one of these for Diddy and ROB. Thought about making a vid about this myself lol.

Very nice work :)

DeLux

We're actually talking about this in the lab skype right now.

According to Yikarur, Sheik's usmash will hit D3 during the last 7 frames. He also doesn't think it's a Z-Axis thing but something different. You should get onto the skype so we can talk :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Btw, as a marth main who punishes spot dodges with dancing blade, I loath this with an absolute passion.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
trust me it's a Z-Axis thing. Sheik's u-smash hit box probably just goes that far into the Z-axis.

DeLux

He's comparing it to Ike's Bair which goes completely in line with the Z-Axis. It would be better if you talked to him about it. I don't know enough about hurtbox/axis properties to argue either way.

All I see is "Don't get hit? Don't worry about it" lol

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
D3 is only vulnerable for 1 frame if you buffer the spotdodges. :o

I hate how he can PS some attacks while coming out of his spotdodge. -_-

Top Bottom