• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Villains Smash Bros. (Super Smash Baddies)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Castle Dedede will be added and so will both items. I have an idea for the reveal trailer:

We start off with Bowser in a flying castle, flying over an unknown desert area. Suddenly Bowser jumps out and we pan over to Ganondorf, holding his sword in an intimidating way. The tone suddenly shifts to be way more comical as Bowser pulls out a letter bag and takes out an envelope. He hands it to Ganon and it’s revealed to be a Smash invitation, only… The colour is black instead of white. Ganon smiles and gameplay is shown of a bunch of new characters: Bowser Jr, King K Rool, Ridley, Wolf, Marx, Dark Matter Sephiroth and Kazuya, and all their home stages. After the trailer is a title reveal and then a stinger showing a brief glance at Dr. Eggman.

Here’s the poll for the reveal trailer:

Job #41: Submit Castle Dedede Songs
Submit four music tracks for Castle Dedede. Please link to each track.

Job #42: Submit An Echo For An Ultimate Character
For our next character job we’ll be submitting characters with movesets that are primarily copies of a character from Ultimate. Given that this is fundamentally related to movesets you can either submit the character’s moveset or a brief description of their playstyle as you submit them. They don’t need to be from the same series as the character they’re an echo of and don’t need to be a 1 to 1 echo so please feel free to take some liberties with it if you want to.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 42:Dry Bowser (Super Mario)

1200px-Dry_Bowser_Artwork.png

Dry Bowser is a character from Super Mario series,he is the own bowser but back to the dead

Differences between Bowser and Dry Bowser
-Dry Bowser's fire is blue instead yellow
-Dry Bowser's on-screen appearence is Bowser's skeleton body coming back to life
-Dry Bowser's Side Special is Koopa Klaw
-Dry Bowser is lighter and faster

I wanted to submit Medusa as Palutena's echo fighter,but Palutena is not a villain

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job 42:Dry Bowser (Super Mario)

View attachment 371323

Dry Bowser is a character from Super Mario series,he is the own bowser but back to the dead

Differences between Bowser and Dry Bowser
-Dry Bowser's fire is blue instead yellow
-Dry Bowser's on-screen appearence is Bowser's skeleton body coming back to life

I wanted to submit Medusa as Palutena's echo fighter,but Palutena is not a villain
Can I suggest Dry Bowser being lighter and faster (but still powerful), Koopa Klaw as Dry Bowser’s Side B, and Dry Bowser’s Final Smash having him chase you down with his disembodied head and shooting blue flames?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I’ll submit Liquid Snake

A fairly popular choice for Snake’s echo, the differences are that he’s lighter, does less damage in general, and his jab is changed to be based on his punches from the boss fight against him in Metal Gear Solid. Additionally his final smash is changed to use Metal Gear Rex.

I’m probably going to have one or two more of these types of jobs where it’s an echo of a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character, by the way.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
This is my most cursed creation thread submission yet. I'm so sorry.

Springtrap/William Afton (Bowser Jr.)

The infamous Purple Guy is the overarching antagonist of the Five Nights at Freddy's series. While really most characters in that franchise could be considered villains, this is the guy who started it all with the first pizzeria. His appearance would be somewhat original, taking inspiration from the Silver Eyes novels (as the games only provide 8-bit purple guy sprites). He is half-donning a Springtrap suit, though his head and upper chest are exposed.

Differences from BJ:
  • Walks/runs/jumps because no clown cart
  • Slower/heavier than BJ
  • Mechakoopas are replaced with miniature wind-up dolls of Freddy, Bonnie, Foxy and Chica
  • Uses mangled-up parts of animatronics or Fazbear merch instead of random objects (Forward Smash is a Fredbear head that bites you, wand/hammer could be like Montgomery Gator's arm or something, moves involving canonballs are replaced with Fazbear pizza boxes, etc I might make a full list at some point)
  • Side B is Jumpscare - William Afton turns away from the camera, then looks back and quickly jumps in the direction he was facing (hop is similar to Corrin's Side B), with his Springtrap mask donned. Opponents within a short range of him are greatly stunned, depenedent on percentage.
  • Up B discards the Springtrap suit as it explodes for an ejection.
  • His Final Smash has him toss the opponent into the Fazbear's Fright location, who gets locked in the main observation room where the Phantom animatronics lay out of order. William lights a match and tosses it back, then watches as the horror attraction bursts into flames. (I wanted to avoid having an actual jumpscare on screen so hopefully this is ok)
Also I haven't watched Game Theory in a while so if my FNAF knowledge is rusty just lmk

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Grima (Robin Echo)

Would probably try to really highlight some design differences with things such as red eyes, clothes more worn, their hands mark of grima, and overall voice. Would have no weapon durability mechanic & a new cinematic final smash in their dragon form.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Black Shadow (F-Zero) (Echo fighter of Ganondorf)
1682456082447.jpeg

Faster and lighter version.
Using Captain Falcon's smash attacks because he doesn't use a sword.
Final Smash replaced with summoning his vehicle, Black Bull.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My reveal trailer will be used. So will the Castle Dedede track list.

Here are the options for echo fighters:
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Dry Bowser
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Liquid Snake
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Springtrap
nirvanafan nirvanafan Grima
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Black Shadow

So please vote for your top three most wanted out of these options, in order. Your own submission can’t be in first place.
My votes:
1. Springtrap
2. Liquid
3. Grima

Job #43: Submit A Zelda Lair
Submit a villain-related lair from the Zelda series. Please submit the location, a layout, and any other pertinent details.

Job #44: How Should Home Run Contest Work
Home Run Contest is a classic feature so this job is where we’ll decide what to do with it. Do you want it to stay as it is, make changes to it or cut it? If you want to change it please submit what you would like to change about it and any aesthetic differences with it. You can’t replace it with a completely different thing, they have to be changes to the format of home run contest in general.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Liquid
2. Grima
3. BS

Job 44: Only thing I can suggest is sandbags themed after respective heroes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Liquid Snake
2. Grima
3. Black Shadow

Death Mountain

Villains fight in front of the mountain on a flat platform. The mountain would sometimes explode and throw lava as lair hazards. Rock will be there to be used as platforms.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
For home run contest, I propose we make it mostly the same but make Spiked Bat the item and make Sandbag an “iron sandbag” instead. So for this mode the sandbag is harder to deal damage to but flies further in general than Ultimate’s sandbags.
Also, just in my opinion, I feel like the idea of theming the sandbags around heroes seems cool but might just be a little redundant with hero training already having dummies based on series heroes.

Here are the polls for the stage and the home run contest:

Job #44: Submit An NES Era Assist Trophy
Please submit a generic minion to act as an assist trophy that debuted on the NES system. Submit both the assist trophy and how they would work. Any Nintendo game is fine but third party series need to already be represented in the game.

Job #45: Submit Kirby Bounties
Figured we might as well do this now that we’re on Kirby content (or well, just finished it rather). Please submit up to five villain characters to receive bounties from the Kirby series and an image of the villain. Generic minions are allowed.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My trailer will be used. Here are the results of the character voting (and sorry for the delay)
Dry Bowser 1
Liquid Snake 15
Springtrap 6
Grima 8
Black Shadow 9

So Liquid Snake will be our next fighter! I’ll leave the two current jobs open for now and next jobs we’ll start Liquid’s content.

NES game assist trophy:
Ninja (Murasame Castle)
1682605821771.png
Ninja is one of enemies from Mysterious Murasame Castle video game made by Nintendo and they are archetypical ninjas that throw shurikens at Takamaru.

When summoned, the ninja would jump and run around the stage, throwing shurikens at opponents. The shurikens deal normal damage.

I feel Murasame Castle should be represented in this game, since Nintendo also has mooks from lesser known games.

Kirby bounty submission:
Waddle Dee

1682605975955.png

Scarfy
1682605993901.png
1682606021207.png

Waddle doo
1682606047870.png

Zero
1682606110614.png

Void Termina
1682606213278.png

Attachments

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I also want to add that Dedede and Meta Knight would still be eligible for bounties, just to clear it up. I didn’t submit them because I wanted to submit more traditional villains and you’re allowed to do so as well, I just wanted to clarify that it’s fine.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
NES Assist - Eggplant Man

Will dash towards other fighters doing damage upon impact.

EDIT - Forgot to add Kirby bounties, here are some.

Bonkers

Poppy Bros. Sr.

Acro

Dark Mind

Yin Yarn

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
NES Assist - Eggplant Man

Will dash towards other fighters doing damage upon impact.
Technically Eggplant Man debuted on arcade but I think I’ll accept Vs. System games on this job, so it’ll be fine.

I’ve also realized Shadow Moses Island depicts the location of the final battle of MGS1 and a scene from MGS4 where liquid is fought (except he kind of isn’t), so it might be possible for that to return. Would everyone be fine with Shadow Moses Island returning as a stage by default? If you have any other ideas for MGS lairs you do not need to submit them, just say that you have some ideas besides it.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Honestly I would've been fine with it returning by default as it's a very villain-like stage. While I do prefer the idea of lairs being actual lairs, a lot of characters don't have bases or hideouts or anything, so that's okay.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Shadow Moses Island will be added as the stage! Here is the poll for our next assist trophy:

Job #46: Submit Music For Shadow Moses Island
Submit four music tracks for the Shadow Moses Island stage. Please include links to each song.

Job #47: Submit Liquid’s Alts
Submit 12 alternate costumes for Liquid Snake. If they’re a reference to anything, please specify what.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I’ll submit music and alts:
1. Encounter
2. Cavern
3. Red Alert
4. Yell Dead Cell

1. Default
2. Green jacket and pants (reference to Phantom Pain design)
3. Black jacket and pants (reference to Twin Snakes design)
4. Blue jacket, gray hair (reference to Solidus Snake)
5. Brown jacket, gray hair (reference to Liquid Ocelot)
6. Sunglasses, green pants (reference to Kazuhira Miller)
7. Shirtless
8. Shirtless, white pants (reference to Genome Soldiers)
9. Shirtless, green camo pants, brown hair (reference to Naked Snake in MGS3)
10. Shirtless, light blue pants, brown hair (reference to Ishmael/Big Boss)
11. Shirtless, black pants (reference to Ocelot and MGS1 Snake)
12. Shirtless, lighr grey pants (reference to MGS2 Snake)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Eggplant Wizard and my Liquid content will be added.

Job #48: Submit Music For Death Mountain
Submit up to four music tracks to play on the Death Mountain stage

Job #49: Submit A Female Character
The rules are simple for this job, any video game villain who is a woman is eligible. Please submit the character, who they are and a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game.

D

Deleted member

Job 49: Kronika (Mortal Kombat)
KronikaPose-removebg-preview.png

Kronika is the antagonist of Mortal Kombat 11, the most recent entry in the series. A Keeper of Time, she attempts to reset the timeline after Elder God Raiden disrupts it by killing Shinnok, her son and the God of Death. Her signature ability is control over time, but she can also summon fighters from all reality to aid her.

The vast majority of the fighters on the rosters are from vintage games, so Kronika opens the door for villains of modern games, while hailing from a classic franchise. In addition, a lot of the fighters on the current roster use brutish strength or advanced weaponry, so she adds to the lighter half, utilizing dark power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Female villainess submission:
Dark Queen (Battletoads)
1682779850817.png
Dark Queen is the main antagonist of Rare's "Battletoads" beat'em up video game series and she is a mistress of evil magic and the supreme commander of a space army bent on galactic conquest.
She became very popular among the gamers due to her "attractive" design.

Dark Queen's design was inspired by Cassandra Peterson's role as Elvira.
(Even if she resembles Jessica Rabbit from "Who framed the roger rabbit" movie from 1988 which was based on "Who censored roger rabbit" book from 1981)

Dark Queen's moveset would be inspired by numerous Battletoads games and she would spin around, summon the mooks (or even borrowing moves from other bosses for more moveset potential) from games, shoot skulls and etc.

Her design would be taken from original Battletoads game from 1991 (although she would be slightly censored to make it kid friendly)

I nominate her as "female" character for this job, because:
1. We haven't got a Microsoft (specifically Rare) villain in our roster.
2. She would be a nice deep cut addition for the roster (many people would be surprised kf her presence in the game).
3. We haven't got a proper "beat'em up" rep in SSBaddies, so she would be a perfect candidate for a beat'em up rep in this game.
4. Also she could have great moveset potential.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Female Villain: Carmen Sandiego

While not nearly as villainous as most of the other denizens of our roster (with her thievery mainly done for the challenge and thrill rather than any seriously nefarious ends), Carmen still serves as the primary antagonist of her home series. As the sneaky thief she is, she'd be pretty nimble and light, an archetype I feel is missing on our current roster. Plus, she'd be a fun, unexpected character for our roster whose series hasn't shown up in Smash yet.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 49:Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

Junko_Enoshima.png

Junko Enoshima is the villain of Danganronpa series,she is a student of hope's peak academy,the Ultimate Fashionista and the headmaster of the killing game of the first game of the series,also Junko created a biggest chaos on a city.

Junko's moveset is she summoning Monokumas of different types that are Monokumas from Ultra Desapair Girls and usuing Monokuma's attacks of the executions from the Danganronpa trilogy,and the her grab animation and throw attacks is Junko throwing the collar with chain same from first execution cutscene of one of the survivors.

I choose Junko for this options:

1. Smash don't have too much a Visual Novel rep
2. Danganronpa have a strong fandom and have a lot of Danganronpa killing game stories made by fans
3. Junko could be the first female villain 3rd party

Top Bottom