• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Job #19: Submit a way for Classic Mode to work

We haven't decided any single player modes yet and so this job will be about deciding how the classic mode works. You can submit either classic modes from existing smash games or completely original classic mode ideas you made yourself. You don't need to submit classic mode routes for each character, just a template for how the mode would work in this game.

Depending on which classic mode ides gets picked, we can potentially have bosses from each series so keep that in mind.

Also, here's my submission for Job #18:
Neutral Special: Spin
See the source image

He quickly spins in place once which can deflect projectiles. He'll spin in place slightly longer if you hold the button.

Side Special: Wumpa Fruit Bazooka
See the source image

He quickly picks up his wumpa fruit bazooka and shoots out a piece of fruit directly forward. The fruit goes fast but it takes a bit of time to pull out and put the bazooka back in so this is a bit of a risky move. You can fire a few more pieces of fruit when it's out.

Up Special: Arrow Crate
See the source image

Crash bounces upwards on a wooden arrow crate that appears underneath him. The crate breaks after he jumps on it.
If he holds the button it'll become an iron arrow crate which won't break after he jumps on it, and the crate will fall, potentially hitting people. It will disappear after a few seconds.
See the source image

Down Special: TNT Crate
See the source image

He places down a TNT crate which explodes after three seconds. It can explode at any time if opponents or you hit it.

Final Smash: Boulder
He charges forward wearing Aku Aku. This leads into a cinematic where he's running towards the screen from a boulder and the boulder hits the opponent(s)
See the source image

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For Classic Mode: I‘ll suggest something similar to Super Smash Flash 2’s format
1 v 1
2 v 2
3 v 1 giant character
Minigame 1 (Taget Smash in the fangame)
1 v 2
Four player ffa
Minigame 2 (Crystal Smash in the fangame)
Mob fight (1 v 20)
Metal fight (preferably Mario)
Final boss

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #19
I like the Classic Mode submissions so far, but I'll go ahead and provide another potential altered option. This mixes the SSF2 one along with various aspects of various past Smash Bros. Classic Modes. I think this maximizes the types of matches one can experience in Smash, getting people used to the game.

1. Basic 1V1 against a character from the roster related in some way [Mario could fight Luigi, for example]
2. 2V2 [Now Mario would be fighting alongside Luigi. The duo could be randomized.]
3. 3V1 giant opponent
4. Bonus Game #1
5. Free-For-All [1V1V1V1]
6. Fighting ??? Team [Could be like the Polygon team or a team of 1 character multiple times, like Kirby and Yoshi in the first one of our timeline]
7. 1V1 against some kind of stat-enhanced fighter [Metal, Giant, anything else that could be came up with]
8. Bonus Game #2
9. Rival Battle [Mario against Sonic, Ryu against Scorpion, etc. Could have a specialized scene like PSASBR, or at least some intro dialogue like King of Fighters/CAPCOM VS SNK]
10. Boss [could be one main one or could vary like SSBU's Classic Mode]

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
okay lots of things to cover in this post…

Firstly, here’s the poll for Crash’s moveset. Please vote for whichever moveset you think we should use.

Okay so the Job #19 strawpoll didn’t get many votes but it’s been over 24 hours so I’ll just wrap this up. The classic mode we will use is the one submitted by AlRex AlRex

This of course means later on you’ll get to submit two bonus games, rival battles, a topic for horde battles and potentially different bosses. So stay tuned for those jobs.

For now though, I think I’ll make the next job different from classic modes. Here it is:
Job #20: Submit an item from a represented series and/or an unrepresented series

I’m applying the same format as the last assist trophy job but this time for items. For this job you can submit one item from a series represented in this game as well as one item from a series not represented in this game. This job does deconfirm series from potentially getting a character, so keep that in mind.
At the end of this job, I’ll add the top two most voted items from represented series and the top one most voted item from an uprepresented series.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #20
(Had one of these as a late AT submission, but it makes more sense here)

Pipe Frame (Mario Kart)
Mario-Kart.png

When this appears, a character can hop into this go-kart and be able to drive around, accelerating with the use of the A button. The general movement is akin to our timeline's version of Wario's Motorcycle. However, like Wario's Bike, it can also be destroyed and have the pieces picked up. You can also pick up other items and use them while in the kart, using them against foes as well. The main drawbacks with this would be that jumping and movement is wonky, but you are also heavier and somewhat harder to KO.

Yashichi (Vulgus)
Yasichi.gif

This item appears in numerous CAPCOM titles, ranging from Mega Man to Bionic Commando to 1942 to even some cameos in Street Fighter II Turbo and Marvel Super Heroes, but it first appeared in CAPCOM's first game, Vulgus, surprisingly as an enemy at first. But in later games, its function can vary from game to game, ranging from health recovery, to simple bonus points, to extra lives or even invincibility. Here, we could see it also have variable functions, all beneficial, but not automatically predictable. You could recover a large amount of damage percentage, become temporarily invincible, with a short tune playing alongside it, or gain an extra stock (life). However, given that it is so beneficial, it may also be a rare item.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I’m gonna do my own submission real quick:
Crate (Crash Bandicoot)

We have the TNT crate so I thinks it makes sense to add just a crate. It can be picked up and thrown or just broken. There’s a chance a random item will appear from the crate.

Oil Drum (Final Fight)

The oil drum can be broken or thrown and a random item will come from it if you do. We’ll say oil drum comes from Final Fight but it can represent pretty much every beat em up, like Streets of Rage for example, seeing as how oil drums are in pretty much every beat em up game.

(also yes that picture is actually from street fighter because I couldn’t find one from final fight)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Shinnok’s Amulet (Mortal Kombat)
0C73A75D-3F0B-47A6-81E3-676DE19AF110.png

When fighters pick up the amulet, their eyes and attacks will turn and shine red. The amunlet will increase every fighter’s attacks by at least double the damage. There is a catch though, every time you hit a fighter while holding the amulet, you will start to take a small amount damage yourself.

Med-Kit (Dead by Daylight)
546267A4-E41E-4453-BAF5-B6B551289F8C.png

When fighters use the med-kit, the fighter that uses it will gain 25% of their health back.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Okay please vote for one of these items:
AlRex AlRex Pipe Frame (Mario)
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Crate (Crash Bandicoot)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Bobbin (Sonic)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Shinnok’s Amulet (Mortal Kombat)

As well as one of these items:
AlRex AlRex Yashichi (Vulgus)
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Oil Drum (Final Fight)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Punch Gun (Rockin’ Cats)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Med-Kit (Dead by Daylight)

Vote for your top three most wanted in order. You can only put your own submission in second or third place.

Also I have a quick question for everyone here: Would anyone be interested in us doing rival battles for the classic mode? It would likely take quite a while and I know the rival battles didn’t get much replies in the Playstation All-Stars 2 thread so I’m just making sure we won’t spend so much time for nothing.

We wouldn’t be deciding the dialogue for the rival battles, just the matchups themselves. Also we would need to change the roster number because 45 is not even. So just tell me if you’re interested please. We’ll need three or more people interested in order to start doing rival battles once the full roster is complete.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'll say
1. Bobbin
2. Pipe Frame
3. Crate

1. Punch Gun
2. Oil Drum
3. Yashichi

I'd be interested in doing the rival battles, but that depends on how interested other people are.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Votes
1. Shinnock’s Amulet
2. Crate
3. Bobbin

1. Punch Gun
2. Med Kit
3. Yashichi

I’m open to rivals.
Question: Can unique fighters have echoes as rivals? If that’s the case, then we could still have 45 unique fighters and then an odd number of echoes.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I’m open to rivals.
Question: Can unique fighters have echoes as rivals? If that’s the case, then we could still have 45 unique fighters and then an odd number of echoes.
For one, I think Luigi's rival would be Tails and vice versa, so this makes sense. Also yes, if we do this, we should probably determine them all together after the roster is done.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Votes
1. Shinnock’s Amulet
2. Crate
3. Bobbin

1. Punch Gun
2. Med Kit
3. Yashichi

I’m open to rivals.
Oh yeah I guess echo fighters would be able to make it an even number, I forgot about that lol.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results for the next item vote:
Pipe Frame 4
Crate 7
Bobbin 12
Shinnok’s Amulet 8

Yashichi 8
Oil Drum 7
Punch Gun 7
Med-Kit 1

And so, the items we will add are Bobbin, Shinnok’s Amulet, and Yashichi. Thanks for the submissions everyone and stay tuned for Job #21 which will start soon.

BTW unless more people express interest, we probably won’t end up doing the rival battles.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Job #21: Submit a Character who Debuted in the 2000s

A while ago we had a job for characters from the 2010s so I think it makes sense to make one for characters from the 2000s, since that's one of the only time periods we haven't represented yet. (I mean the most recent character we have that isn't cuphead is crash bandicoot...)

Please submit a character, what series they're from, how they would fight, and why they should be in this game. It can be anyone as long as they debuted in the 2000s (2000-2009)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My submission:
Ezio (Assassin’s Creed)

Assassin’s Creed is an extremely successful best-selling franchise which even got in as a mii costume in our universe, so it makes sense to represent the franchise. He would fight with his hidden blades, assassination skills, his sword and maybe even his Renaissance-era gun.

Assassin’s Creed II is one of the most iconic and best received games in the franchise so I think it would be good to make him the representative of the series.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Tidus from Final Fantasy X. We don’t have an FF character yet, and while FFVII is more popular/recognized, FFX did sell well (>8 million copies).
1624160444270.png

He would be a sword user with the blitzball as projectiles.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #21: Master Chief (Halo)
250px-HInf_Character_Master_Chief_render.png

This seems like a fairly obvious choice. Big FPS character, which we don't have any of so far, biggest character of the Xbox, his series is massive, and has a wide variety with weapons in terms of both range and close-quarters combat. I considered a lot of options, but right now, this guy seemed the most necessary to me. With this, we would also have most of the major consoles/gaming avenues all represented in some way, with Nintendo, SEGA, PlayStation, arcades, PCs [if Cuphead counts], and now Xbox all having some sort of representation, not that any of them shouldn't get more down the line, of course. After those, I suppose it's mobile [hi, Red] and Atari more specifically than just arcades in general.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Matt (Wii Sports)
801BF335-328B-4282-9405-10D2C57CC77D.png

Matt is a well known Mii from the Wii Sport series. He is the champion in Wii Sports boxing and swordplay. Matt could use his boxing and sword fighting skills, along with a wide variety of other Wii Sports activities in a potential moveset. Wii Sports is one of Nintendo’s most noteworthy games, becoming the fourth best selling game of all time with over 80 million copies sold all over the world. Matt has also gained a lot of online popularity with past memes.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Quick question Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

Is this game supposed to be multi-platform? That will likely impact my decision when it comes to evanwoo's Matt submission as I can justify including just Matt alone if the game is multi-plat, but if it's Nintendo exclusive I'd rather just have Miis.
I imagine this game would just stay on Nintendo consoles because there’s no way Nintendo would allow it’s characters otherwise. It would still technically not be a Nintendo game though so I don’t think the usage of customizable miis would be allowed though.

Also, I will allow Master Chief as a submission because the close relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft would probably allow him to appear on Nintendo consoles eventually, but just so everyone knows, I probably won’t allow characters owned by Sony in the future.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I imagine this game would just stay on Nintendo consoles because there’s no way Nintendo would allow it’s characters otherwise. It would still technically not be a Nintendo game though so I don’t think the usage of customizable miis would be allowed though.

Also, I will allow Master Chief as a submission because the close relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft would probably allow him to appear on Nintendo consoles eventually, but just so everyone knows, I probably won’t allow characters owned by Sony in the future.
I feel that since this is an alternate universe, we shouldn't stick too close to realism - at least from the corporate perspective. Of course we should avoid ridiculous and unfeasible ideas, but I think we can take some liberties with how these companies will act - especially given that negotiations and budget aren't parts of the game here like they are in Infinite.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the submissions for Job #21. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. You can only put your own submission in third or second place.
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Red (Angry Birds)
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Ezio (Assassin’s Creed II)
Pupp135 Pupp135 Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
AlRex AlRex Master Chief (Halo)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Matt (Wii Sports)

My votes:
1. Master Chief
2. Ezio
3. Tidus

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the Job #21 voting:

Red 9
Ezio 9
Tidus 2
Master Chief 12
Matt 1

And so, Master Chief from Halo wins this job! Congratulations to AlRex AlRex for the winning submission! Now onto Job #22...

Job #22: Submit a Pac-Man and/or Mortal Kombat stage
Exactly what the description says. For this job I would like you to submit a stage from the Pac-Man and/or Mortal Kombat series, since those series don't have any stages yet.

Top Bottom