• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should The Change Be Made?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, would probably lead to the same amount of controversery if not more, but it would be a really cool novelty to have a character whose entire reputation is built upon having terrible games. Also I just like his design.

Bayonetta and Joker are replaced with Ristar and Ryo

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nah. Terry's overall aesthetic is more pleasing to me than Travis'

Smash gets a TV adaptation but, unlike the action anime epic many people dream of, it is an French-Canadian ensomble cast animated sitcom not unlike Sonic Boom.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I would love that!-I would also love it if there were shorts where Waluigi tries some new way to get into Smash but fails each time, kind of like Wile E. Coyote chasing the Roadrunner.

Instead of Mario Golf: Super Rush, World Tour is given an HD remaster for Switch.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Eh... sure.

MasterCheef MasterCheef Where's the upside?

Tingle is CP11
the upside is; no more lazy characters who don't add anything to the game and are just bloat.

ehh. i still would not take Tingle over Phoenix Wright.

keep

Banjo Kazooie
Bayonetta
Fox
Hero
Inkling
Kazuya
Link
Lucina
Mario
Miis
Pythra
Palutena
Pikachu
Ridley
R.O.B.
Ryu
Samus
Snake
Steve
Zelda

Add

Elma
Linde
Ryza from ( Atelier )

get rid of everyone else

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
if 🐻banjo kazooie🦜 and 🐶duck hunt🦆 both drowning 🌊🌊 n i can only save one catch me and banjos funeral ✝🪦 (yet again where is the possible upside to this)

Duck Hunt is added in Melee instead of the ICs, but the ICs still get a proper revival.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
No, I like Ice Climbers too much in SSB

Trophy Tussle maps are playable in multiplayer matches.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. Easily. It's just bad multiplayer game design to have a fully developed stage that isn't playable outside of single player modes.

Waluigi is the star of WarioWare and thus it coexists gracefully with Wario Land as both frequently release new games - but Waluigi got in Smash before Wario and people are still asking for him to this day.

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Yes. Easily. It's just bad multiplayer game design to have a fully developed stage that isn't playable outside of single player modes.

Waluigi is the star of WarioWare and thus it coexists gracefully with Wario Land as both frequently release new games - but Waluigi got in Smash before Wario and people are still asking for him to this day.
The upside is having a much simpler to navigate fighter selection screen

Waluigi getting in before Wario is fine for me.

get rid of all the OP or useless items

OP Example
Beetle
whirlwind in a bottle

useless

Lip's Stick
Death's Scythe

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nope.

Smash Ultimate keeps the tagline "EVERYONE IS HERE!", but quietly cuts Corrin and never acknowledges it.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
No since ”Everyone is here” was supposed to have a roster with no cuts.

Assist dolls are in SSB64 instead of Pokeballs.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sure.

Snake's side b in Brawl onwards is a gun, but works much differently than Joker's gun and more similarly to Bayo's in that it's an automatic fire that stops you in place.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Snake's side b in Brawl onwards is a gun, but works much differently than Joker's gun and more similarly to Bayo's in that it's an automatic fire that stops you in place.
Nope. I might be willing to go with neutral special = gun and side special = grenade.

going back to my previous post getting rid of all the trash stages. Examples

Great Bay
Fourside
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Bros
Hanenbow
3D land
The Great Cave Offensive
---------------------------------------
Also why don't you quote folks here?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario Bros. and Mushroomy Kingdom are top tier stages, and Fourside is one of the best Omegas, so no.

CP11 is Space Invader - however, they don't replace the real CP11 but rather Min Min, making Steve the first fighter of FP2.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Mario Bros. and Mushroomy Kingdom are top tier stages, and Fourside is one of the best Omegas, so no.

CP11 is Space Invader - however, they don't replace the real CP11 but rather Min Min, making Steve the first fighter of FP2.
Mario Bros. and Mushroomy Kingdom are top tier stages. For what???

I am totally down for replacing Min-Min, so Yes.

Elma replaces Shulk

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Eh, why not.

Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Fourside, Luigi's Mansion, Unova Pokémon League, the first portion of Reset Bomb Forest, and Dracula's Castle all now have rain effects. This has no impact on the stages themselves, just aesthetics.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Eh, why not.

Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Fourside, Luigi's Mansion, Unova Pokémon League, the first portion of Reset Bomb Forest, and Dracula's Castle all now have rain effects. This has no impact on the stages themselves, just aesthetics.
more rain effects, yes

R.O.B. replaces either ( Ice Climbers ) or ( Mr. Game and Watch ) in SSBM. your choice

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll pass even though Ness in SSB does use some of Paula’s moves.

A filter is added to choose which characters can be selected through random just like the random stage toggle.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sure, no more FE is good

Melee gets 4 additional retro fighters using movesets introduced later into Smash, The Amazon (using the moveset that was given to Incineroar officially), Duck Hunt, Little Mac, and Pit (using his Brawl moveset)

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Sure, no more FE is good

Melee gets 4 additional retro fighters using movesets introduced later into Smash, The Amazon (using the moveset that was given to Incineroar officially), Duck Hunt, Little Mac, and Pit (using his Brawl moveset)
Thanks

Pit is the only one out of the four i would be interested in for SSBM. So, Pit replaces Bowser in SSBM = Yes.

Next Smash Game's roster is capped at 50 fighters. Assuming we get one

Pupp135

Smash Lord
He’s requested, so why not.

Wario gets in over Falcon in SSB64 and Melee.

Top Bottom