• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@Elite Gaymer, you've never heard of Baba from F-Zero, huh? He's the only openly gay characters in the game. Matter of fact, he was one of the first Nintendo characters to be gay back in 2003! Going back on topic, should the Savvy Stylist be like the Mii Fighter and gain costumes based off of various Nintendo and Third-Party franchises, or am I thinking too much into this again?
Inb4 people scream Sakurai bias

Actually, that wouldn't be such a bad idea since it's technically a series based on fashion. The possibility would be endless with this character since it literally screams "customization", which reminds me that they should do more with the Villager in the future.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
@Elite Gaymer, you've never heard of Baba from F-Zero, huh? He's the only openly gay characters in the game. Matter of fact, he was one of the first Nintendo characters to be gay back in 2003! Going back on topic, should the Savvy Stylist be like the Mii Fighter and gain costumes based off of various Nintendo and Third-Party franchises, or am I thinking too much into this again?
I'd prefer if they represented Style Savvy first and foremost and wore outfits from the game. Their are some crossover outfits but they are not blatant as say a Mario hat. (Check out the Gracie Grace inspired items in style savvy for example- they are actually pretty elegant for a blatant crossover.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Nintendo of Japan is holding a massive gaming event for all female Nintendo gamers with Girls Mode being one of the featured games. If this is not a sign of the series' growing popularity, then I don't know what is.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/10/nintendo-japan-is-holding-a-special-event-for-girl-gamers/
"But it's a casual game, therefore it's not a big game!" :troll:

Nice to see that. It may be bit "too girlish", but we know how japanese people love everything that is kawaii.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I would like to remind anyone who stumbles into this thread, there are two free demos for Style Savvy Trendsetters on the 3DS's eshop and I highly recommend trying them out. I personally recommend the Fashion Contest Demo, it is the more funner of the two (though it does have a limited amount of plays on it).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not going to lie, this is the most work I had to put in a moveset as this character doesn't really fight

A: Slaps
AA: Slaps twice
AAA: Slaps twice and smacks with a purse
Ftilt: Swings hip into a foe, not much range, but packs a punch!
Utilt: Waves a hat above her head
Dtilt: Kicks outwards, her heels do more damage at the...heel
Dash Attack: skids on roller skates
Usmash: Makes a pose that stays straight up, a camera flashes to damage foe
Fsmash: Same as Usmash but horizontal
Dsmash: Makes a very stylish pose and has cameras flash around her legs, slow, but good range
Nair: Spins in a similar fashion(ha!) to Peach
Uair: Stretches arms upwards in a pose
Fair: Does a traditional volleyball spike, spikes obviously
Bair: Blows a kiss in her hands and stretches them outwards, her palms do the most damage
Dair: Shakes a dress at her feet
Pummel: Slaps the foe
Fthrow: Swings a very heavy purse in the face of the enemy
Bthrow: Pushes foes away, great knockback but very low damage
Uthrow: Uppercuts foe with a shirt in her hand
Dthrow: Stomps on a foe with her heel similar to Satsuki Kiryuin's trademark heel from Kill la Kill
B: Grabs scissors and cuts a foe, if it connects, a typical anime fight dust thing appears and the foe loses weight, but gets some extra speed
Side B: Throws a hat, shirt, trousers and shoes. It's all in a set order, hats are weak but have the most range while shoes have the least range and have a curved arc, but do great damage, the arc can be used to edgeguard
Up B: Spills coffee on her shirt and jumps stupidly high out of shock. She becomes a hitbox as she's yelling her lungs out
Down B: Switches clothing style to slightly change stats like Shulk, only without the naked costume
Final smash: Summons a giant show, everyone who gets squished by it is put on a catwalk, the crowd hates it and boos them off, mentally scarring them
Taunt 1: Drinks coffee
Taunt 2: Poses, mindgames for smashes
Taunt 3: Blows a kiss

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Since the series is known as Girl's Mode in Japan, what would be the character's name in SM4SH? 'Savvy Stylist' likens to Wii Fit Trainer (and the different stylists between the games can be featured as alt costumes like Villager), but wouldn't make much sense for Japanese or even European gamers as it isn't localized as Style Savvy.

Also, your moveset is great TehEpicRyuga, but no perfume spray attack? With all those designer handbags, you can bet that the Savvy Stylist is always carrying a can of Mace to pull out at a moments' notice. Perhaps even have the AAA combo lead into a hold-down infinite "kick" combo where instead she's spraying Mace that she took out of her bad after smacking you with it.

Haha, or just make her Pummel pepper spraying the opponents, that would be fun to see.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Since the series is known as Girl's Mode in Japan, what would be the character's name in SM4SH? 'Savvy Stylist' likens to Wii Fit Trainer (and the different stylists between the games can be featured as alt costumes like Villager), but wouldn't make much sense for Japanese or even European gamers as it isn't localized as Style Savvy.

Also, your moveset is great TehEpicRyuga, but no perfume spray attack? With all those designer handbags, you can bet that the Savvy Stylist is always carrying a can of Mace to pull out at a moments' notice. Perhaps even have the AAA combo lead into a hold-down infinite "kick" combo where instead she's spraying Mace that she took out of her bad after smacking you with it.

Haha, or just make her Pummel pepper spraying the opponents, that would be fun to see.
Savvy Stylist for America
Girls Mode-ist in Japan
House of Style-ist in Europe

Jokes are jokes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Or they can simply call the character "Fashionista" in the Japanese version to clear things up easily. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer had a variety of different names depending on the region.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I just submitted a support ticket to Nintendo to see if the Style Savvy 3 will be released to North American. Here's hoping. ;D

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
haha, no no its fine, I was just wondering if the thread agreed that the character "Nicky" would represent the series

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, can someone remind me, is the Stylist's "default" name "Nicky" or "Nono"? Cause I feel like I've heard the name Nono somewhere before...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm sorry, can someone remind me, is the Stylist's "default" name "Nicky" or "Nono"? Cause I feel like I've heard the name Nono somewhere before...
Nono is probably the Japanese name since I didn't see the name bought up at all on the Gamefaqs community for both games.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I just submitted a support ticket to Nintendo to see if the Style Savvy 3 will be released to North American. Here's hoping. ;D
Update
So I got a reply. :B
It says that they have no information if it will be released in the North America, they'll "pass [my] interest to the department that makes those decisions", and pretty much told me to stop asking for info without any official announcements... =A=

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Update
So I got a reply. :B
It says that they have no information if it will be released in the North America, they'll "pass [my] interest to the department that makes those decisions", and pretty much told me to stop asking for info without any official announcements... =A=
Well they can't really tell you any info till the company decides to make an official statement.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
OMG this is so weird but perfect! Add me to the supporter list!

Also, before the Stylist ever has a chance in Smash, Nintendo would have to give that game series a limelight similar to Splatoon which is kind of unlikely, considering most people would seem to think the game just appeals to females.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
OMG this is so weird but perfect! Add me to the supporter list!

Also, before the Stylist ever has a chance in Smash, Nintendo would have to give that game series a limelight similar to Splatoon which is kind of unlikely, considering most people would seem to think the game just appeals to females.
They haven't really put as much marketing out for any game recently like they have splatoon- probably because they wanted it to be the Mario kart to the racing genre and the Smash Bros to the fighting genre.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
They haven't really put as much marketing out for any game recently like they have splatoon- probably because they wanted it to be the Mario kart to the racing genre and the Smash Bros to the fighting genre.
Style Saavy Trend could have always been made the it-game by Nintendo for customization.

But anyway, I feel like the game is great and strangely addicting to the point that it's weird that Nintendo hasn't put much focus on it. That game could sell ALOT bigger if they did.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Style Saavy Trend could have always been made the it-game by Nintendo for customization.

But anyway, I feel like the game is great and strangely addicting to the point that it's weird that Nintendo hasn't put much focus on it. That game could sell ALOT bigger if they did.
I don't think it'd be the same caliber/fan base of Mario Kart or Smash Bros. It is more like Nintendog or Animal Crossing- games that people who don't normally play video games are also a part of the marketing. It is weird, but if you remember pre DS and Wii and then iOS and Android games, some people really didn't want to try games. They might be purposely trying to target the more casual audience. It also just may be that Splatoon/MK/Smash have a stronger 'gamer' draw and general pull. It is interesting how some people who don't know about Style Savvy who first see it originally think it is shovelware etc. so it could help if Nintendo pushed it as a Nintendo owned property more.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it'd be the same caliber/fan base of Mario Kart or Smash Bros. It is more like Nintendog or Animal Crossing- games that people who don't normally play video games are also a part of the marketing. It is weird, but if you remember pre DS and Wii and then iOS and Android games, some people really didn't want to try games. They might be purposely trying to target the more casual audience. It also just may be that Splatoon/MK/Smash have a stronger 'gamer' draw and general pull. It is interesting how some people who don't know about Style Savvy who first see it originally think it is shovelware etc. so it could help if Nintendo pushed it as a Nintendo owned property more.
Well here's to hoping they do:)

Last edited:

LuluTheBean

Smash Rookie
NNID
Poppy2014
This is such a unique character, you must add me to the supporter list!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
15 People need to get STYLISH
I don't know, "Yes" being three points behind "No" is actually close for now. Unless for some reason it spreads to Gamefaqs and we all know a group of people hate the idea thanks to @Elite Gaymer. But we can all say that them haters would hate. :p

Top Bottom