• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Heaven Fever's Musical Mascot! Marshal (Moveset Added!)

Who do you think is the best Rhythm Heaven rep?

• Marshal

Votes: 81 59.1%
  • Wrestler

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Karate Joe

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Rhythm Monkey

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Red Shirt Girl

Votes: 20 14.6%

• Total voters

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
They were addressed as Chorus Kids and Marshall in their respective game's credits. No mention of that otherwise. Well, except for Chorus Kids' return in Game & Wario's credits.

I wouldn't rule out a mistake, though. Though the more I think about it, the more Chorus Kids make sense over Marshall.
The DS Rhythm Heaven did sell by far the best and is definitely the most well known, there are some good reasons for why they may choose a character from that game.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I worry to imagine what it's be like attacking with three kids that take turns to yell. Feels like you can do more with just Marshall.

Also, I love how suddenly I see Marshall avatars on Smashboards. We can be the cool people who say we were rooting for RH before it became leak popular.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I worry to imagine what it's be like attacking with three kids that take turns to yell. Feels like you can do more with just Marshall.

Also, I love how suddenly I see Marshall avatars on Smashboards. We can be the cool people who say we were rooting for RH before it became leak popular.
I would say I was there first but I believe it was SmashChu who was the first to take it seriously. At least that I know of.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
The 'About' section of my Profile page is 50 gifs of a step-switcher, and I had 5 of them as my sig for a while, so I guess I don't really need to change my profile pic ;)

D

Deleted member

Wasn't that the name of the mini game though? He might of just jolted that down because he didn't know the real name.
What we know of the tipper that gives Sal Romano the information, he doesn't see any visuals.

Weeginji

Smash Cadet
I just wanna pop in and say that I did some more research on the series and found something interesting.

The Choir Kids are from the second level in the best known (and first to be released outside Japan) Rhythm Heaven game. However, they are also the first actual characters (alongside their conductor) to appear in a level in that game, as the preceding one (Built to Scale) has none.

In that case, another reason that Sakurai may have decided to include them was because of familiarity. Most RH fans played the second game, and most of those players probably reached at least the second level.

Last edited:

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I never knew Chorus Men and Marshal were actually different characters. That's interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about Chrous Men being playable rather than Marshal if the leak is actually true.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
PLEASE NEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR honestly harmoknight is a NORMAL game.........but Dillon seems dillony lolz and more like half sonic.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna pop in and say that I did some more research on the series and found something interesting.

The Choir Kids are from the second level in the best known (and first to be released outside Japan) Rhythm Heaven game. However, they are also the first actual characters (alongside their conductor) to appear in a level in that game, as the preceding one (Built to Scale) has none.

In that case, another reason that Sakurai may have decided to include them was because of familiarity. Most RH fans played the second game, and most of those players probably reached at least the second level.
You bring up a very good point and they were also featured extensively in the ad campaign for Rhythm Heaven (Beyonce Commercial comes to mind). The game did sell a whopping 3 million worldwide making it the best selling game in the series (although admittedly this is hard to know) but I feel that Rhythm Heaven Fever and Marshal also have a substantial amount of notoriety (maybe not quite as much but it certainly is there).

Rhythm Heaven Fever received its very own Puzzle Swap tile when it was released which is very surprising for a non-main Nintendo game, especially when you consider it was a console game (unlike Brain Age: Concentration Training and Chibi Robo: Photo Finder). I believe Fever did not sell as well as RH (3 million is pretty hard to beat) but it does seem to have about a million on VGChartz (even with the European numbers mysteriously missing...yeah, I know, VG is not the most reliable source but it is the only thing I have to go off of for these games). Furthermore, considering Marshal is the host of the game he appears as soon you boot up the game....you don't even have to beat a minigame to encounter him and the co-hosts. I feel Fever was advertised even more than the DS version, once again not sure if this translated into sales or not outside of Japan.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
PLEASE NEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR honestly harmoknight is a NORMAL game.........but Dillon seems dillony lolz and more like half sonic.
What? I think you may be in the wrong thread....why are you mentioning Dillon and Tempo here. If you were trying to troll I'm just letting you know you can actually get in trouble for doing that too much.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I would say I was there first but I believe it was SmashChu who was the first to take it seriously. At least that I know of.
I was really the only one for a while. Most people in the west don't know or don't care about Rhythm Heaven, but it does well in Japan. So adding a character made sense, and I like the idea. You were really the one who kicked it off. Was awesome to see another Rhythm Heaven fan.

I don't put much stock in the leak, but I'd love to play as Marshal.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I might take over this thread, if the OP doesn't mind. (Of course if OP DOES mind that's a whole different story.)

Also @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 try not to overhype him, please? :p
I don't know why I didn't see this before....not quite sure how I feel about that. I already spent quite a bit of time and effort on this so I'm sorry but...no. Feel free to contribute anything you like though :).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't know why I didn't see this before....not quite sure how I feel about that. I already spent quite a bit of time and effort on this so I'm sorry but...no. Feel free to contribute anything you like though :).
I posted that before I really noticed you were still active on these boards/thread, so I completely understand.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'll post my moveset here back in the Uniqueness thread.

CHORUS MEN
Chorus Mens' Playstyle: The playstyle of the RH character is timing. I mean natural timing, there are different types of rhythm for each set of attacks with different combos. Keep in mind that I'm not a RH fanatic, so all my attacks may not be based on one of the games. I'm going to use Marshall for example in the most visual-like way possible:
>>>>> = long phase
>>> = medium phase
>= short phase

For every successive beat you hit, it becomes much more powerful with better range, in the case of Chorus Men. For multihitting attacks like the Jab, the front Marshal attacks first, the middle Marshal attacks second, and the third hits last.

Normal Attacks:
Jab: Does an straightforward punch with his knee on the ground. Then after a while, if timed right, you can attack with two more short straight punches.
A >>> A > A > A

F-Tilt: Does a quick spin kick. If used along with Jab, the final hit will be much more powerful. However it's much slower to execute than his Jab.
Example:
A-> > A >>> A > A > A

U-Tilt: Hits the with a soft upper-punch. If timed with Jab and the final hit is instead U-Tilt, A powerful punch will occur and send the opponent straight up from the sky.
Example:
A >>> A > A > A^

D-Tilt: quick sweep kick from Marshall. If done multiple times in rhythm, it can meteor smash the opponent and stun for short time so you can combo the opponent.
Av > Av > Av > Av > Av > Av > Av

Dash: Marshall does a quick roll to the opponent. If done multiple times in rhythm, the range of the attack will increase.
A > A > A

Air Attacks:

Neutral-Air: Does a quick cymbal collision that if done in rhythm for a long time, can create a (DK-FS in it's weakest state) sound barrier attack. Can also combo with other air attacks and make them more powerful in strength and range.
A > A > A...

D-Air: Does a quick soft punch. If timed right, you get a devastating, straight meteor smash, long-ranged attack.
Example:
A > (Keep Mashing A at rhythm until) > Av

B-Air: Does a quick soft punch in the back. If timed right, you get a devastating, straight long-ranged attack.
A > (Keep Mashing A at rhythm until) > A-Back

F-Air: Also Does a quick soft punch in the back. If timed right, you get a devastating, straight long-ranged attack.

U-Air: Does a stun kick that can lead to dangerous combos. If timed right, you can lead this to a cymbal attack (Which also would carry Marshall up in the air) to D-Air, B-Air, or F-Air.
Example:
A^ > A > A > A > Av

Throws in general are weak, and can stun the opponent in the air for a while with either of the four throws.

Smash Attacks:
These Smash Attacks work a bit differently, as the highest (In which it KOs the opponent) and medium peaks (In which it also stuns the opponent) of the attacks are at the maximum power.

F-Smash: does a quick powerful punch. Can stop to hit at medium for stunning or high phase for max damage.

D-Smash: does a large both sided spin kick. Can stop to hit at medium for stunning or high phase for max damage.

U-Smash: does a powerful upper punch. Can stop to hit at medium for stunning or high phase for max damage.

Special Moves:
Neutral Special: Scream: Marshall's most known move, screams a ranged shield that reflects projectiles and stuns opponents. If timed right, the shield grows a platform distance.
Example:
B >>>>> B >>>>>> B

Side Special: Wrestler: Marshall turns into Wrestler to pose for his fans. If timed right, the KO power is tremendous, but the hitbox is low.
Example:
B >>> B

Down Special: Karate Joe: Marshall turns into Karate Joe to do a combo of attacks, similar to Marth's dancing blade. Although it has a short hit-box.
List of combos:
B v B v B v B^
B v B v B v B>
B v B v B v Bv

Up Special: Toran and Porin: Transforms into a wolf creature to jumps a medium vertical distance. Is a weak attack and can combo to certain specials. But once the combo is over, the player falls helplessly.
B^ > B > B > Bv (The final attack does good KO potential)
B^ > Bv Bv Bv B^ (Sends the opponent flying up)
or
B^ > Bv > Bv > Bv > B> (Sends the opponent flying straight)
or
B^ > Bv > Bv > Bv > Bv (Sends the opponent flying down)
B^ >>> B> B> (Causes fastfalling and has high KO potential)

In general, time these attacks right, and it can lead to very interesting combos.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I'll post my moveset here back in the Uniqueness thread.

CHORUS MEN
Chorus Mens' Playstyle: The playstyle of the RH character is timing. I mean natural timing, there are different types of rhythm for each set of attacks with different combos. Keep in mind that I'm not a RH fanatic, so all my attacks may not be based on one of the games. I'm going to use Marshall for example in the most visual-like way possible:
>>>>> = long phase
>>> = medium phase
>= short phase

For every successive beat you hit, it becomes much more powerful with better range, in the case of Chorus Men. For multihitting attacks like the Jab, the front Marshal attacks first, the middle Marshal attacks second, and the third hits last.

Normal Attacks:
Jab: Does an straightforward punch with his knee on the ground. Then after a while, if timed right, you can attack with two more short straight punches.
A >>> A > A > A

F-Tilt: Does a quick spin kick. If used along with Jab, the final hit will be much more powerful. However it's much slower to execute than his Jab.
Example:
A-> > A >>> A > A > A

U-Tilt: Hits the with a soft upper-punch. If timed with Jab and the final hit is instead U-Tilt, A powerful punch will occur and send the opponent straight up from the sky.
Example:
A >>> A > A > A^

D-Tilt: quick sweep kick from Marshall. If done multiple times in rhythm, it can meteor smash the opponent and stun for short time so you can combo the opponent.
Av > Av > Av > Av > Av > Av > Av

Dash: Marshall does a quick roll to the opponent. If done multiple times in rhythm, the range of the attack will increase.
A > A > A

Air Attacks:

Neutral-Air: Does a quick cymbal collision that if done in rhythm for a long time, can create a (DK-FS in it's weakest state) sound barrier attack. Can also combo with other air attacks and make them more powerful in strength and range.
A > A > A...

D-Air: Does a quick soft punch. If timed right, you get a devastating, straight meteor smash, long-ranged attack.
Example:
A > (Keep Mashing A at rhythm until) > Av

B-Air: Does a quick soft punch in the back. If timed right, you get a devastating, straight long-ranged attack.
A > (Keep Mashing A at rhythm until) > A-Back

F-Air: Also Does a quick soft punch in the back. If timed right, you get a devastating, straight long-ranged attack.

U-Air: Does a stun kick that can lead to dangerous combos. If timed right, you can lead this to a cymbal attack (Which also would carry Marshall up in the air) to D-Air, B-Air, or F-Air.
Example:
A^ > A > A > A > Av

Throws in general are weak, and can stun the opponent in the air for a while with either of the four throws.

Smash Attacks:
These Smash Attacks work a bit differently, as the highest (In which it KOs the opponent) and medium peaks (In which it also stuns the opponent) of the attacks are at the maximum power.

F-Smash: does a quick powerful punch. Can stop to hit at medium for stunning or high phase for max damage.

D-Smash: does a large both sided spin kick. Can stop to hit at medium for stunning or high phase for max damage.

U-Smash: does a powerful upper punch. Can stop to hit at medium for stunning or high phase for max damage.

Special Moves:
Neutral Special: Scream: Marshall's most known move, screams a ranged shield that reflects projectiles and stuns opponents. If timed right, the shield grows a platform distance.
Example:
B >>>>> B >>>>>> B

Side Special: Wrestler: Marshall turns into Wrestler to pose for his fans. If timed right, the KO power is tremendous, but the hitbox is low.
Example:
B >>> B

Down Special: Karate Joe: Marshall turns into Karate Joe to do a combo of attacks, similar to Marth's dancing blade. Although it has a short hit-box.
List of combos:
B v B v B v B^
B v B v B v B>
B v B v B v Bv

Up Special: Toran and Porin: Transforms into a wolf creature to jumps a medium vertical distance. Is a weak attack and can combo to certain specials. But once the combo is over, the player falls helplessly.
B^ > B > B > Bv (The final attack does good KO potential)
B^ > Bv Bv Bv B^ (Sends the opponent flying up)
or
B^ > Bv > Bv > Bv > B> (Sends the opponent flying straight)
or
B^ > Bv > Bv > Bv > Bv (Sends the opponent flying down)
B^ >>> B> B> (Causes fastfalling and has high KO potential)

In general, time these attacks right, and it can lead to very interesting combos.
I would like to add this as well as PixelPasta's moveset to the OP only I'm not quite sure how to turn my own moveset into a spoiler tag. Is it possible to do after you've already posted something?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So the idea of this guy is growing on me. Partly because i believe the "leak" was meant for this guy but the Chorus Men were listed by mistake. (What i believe anyway)

So i wouldn't mind seeing Marshal.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
What if the Chorus Men are actually Marshal, Miss Ribbon, and Cam all together. Would make sense since they are a trio and look like the same species as the Chorus Men

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
For a Rhythm Heaven character like Marshal, I think it would be important for rhythm to be part of his moveset.

This comes with a problem, though; it would be awkward to time rhythmic attacks at a different beat to the background music. It would be difficult to create a unique rhythm-based moveset unless you can find a way around the background music.

That aside, I came up with a cool move idea for him:

Neutral B: Beat the Beat!
Tap the B button in different rhythms for different effects. This would work similar to Marth's side B, but with rhythm instead of direction.
After the first press, hit the button three more times in a rhythm for a combo with a finisher. Different rhythms give you a different finisher featuring a Rhythm Heaven character! If you mess up, no finisher for you; it's just a weak combo.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
They could always have the rhythm be through sound effects of the character like they are counting off and you have to hit it in time to 'charge' the attack.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
They could always have the rhythm be through sound effects of the character like they are counting off and you have to hit it in time to 'charge' the attack.
It would still be difficult if the background music is playing at a different tempo.

Haha, if this is a problem, tournaments could start banning stages because the music is too fast XD

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I can't think of a full moveset, but it seems odd to me to see punches on his... other than a Glee Club attack the one thing that seemed obvious to me was that his jab should be clapping... Am I the only one who feels that way or something?

RHMarshal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pulserider
Heres my ideas for taunts/alternate costumes maybe. Taunt 1:Ringside Marshal poses like the wrestler poses in the ringside game. he will do the 3 diffrent poses. Taunt 2:Cam and Miss ribbon appear,Then they hold the Test in progress signs with marshal. 3:Does a scream thing,like the chours men. For alternate costumes,heres what i got. 1:Bowtie (The bowtie that the chorus men wear. 2:Barista Headphones (Marshal wears the headphones of the barista. 3:Wrestler clothes (Marshal wears the clothes that the wrestler wears from ringside. minus the mask. Costume 4 and 5:Cam and miss ribbon (The costumes replace Marshal with miss ribbon or cam. they are seperate costumes. when you do the taunt,the character that you have the costume of during the sign taunt is marshal. for example. if you pick the cma costume and do the sign taunt,when cam holds up the sign,cam is now marshal on the side.

Wizela

Smash Rookie

1. This is a moveset idea for Marshall I had that revolves around rewarding the player for not attacking needlessly and forcing them to choose between moves with multiple hits but poor knockback versus singular hits with good knockback, while letting the player build up towards using a powerful KO move or an excellent recovery, and being able to hold them in reserve.

Marshall

Weight: 2/5
    Height: 2/5
    Speed: 3/5
    Jump: 2.5/5
    Power: 1.5/5
    Range: 4/5
    Throw: 3/5

(Marshall has a numbered counter above his Player Icon called the Beat Counter. For every hit Marshall connects with, the number goes up by 1. If Marshall completely misses with a move, the Beat Counter decreases by 3. If Marshall hits a shielded opponent, the Beat Counter does not drop or go up. The Beat Counter is reset when Marshall is KOed.)

Neutral B – Big Rock Finish – Marshall pulls out an electric guitar and plays a single, loud note on it that creates a powerful shockwave. This attack's knockback is determined by the Beat Counter. The amount of % inflicted is equal to the number of beats on the Beat Counter when used. After being used, the Beat Counter returns to zero.

0 Beats – Marshall tries to play the guitar, but the sound doesn't come out quite right, and Marshall makes a disappointed look, leaving him vulnerable.
    1-4 Beats – The shockwave has low knockback, akin to an jab.
    5-9 Beats – The shockwave has moderate knocback, akin to an F-tilt.
    10-14 Beats – The shockwave has good knockback, akin to a Smash.
    15-19 Beats – The shockwave has great knockback, akin to a fully charged Smash.
    20+ Beats – The shockwave has excellent knockback, akin to a Bob-Omb.

Forward B – Built to Scale – Marshall throws a widget which homes in on opponents. The size and homing ability of the widget increases based on the Beat Counter, on the same scale as Big Rock Finish, but the attack has poor knockback and damage. If the Beat Counter is frozen, this attack does not reset the Beat Counter. 1-5 hits.

Up B – Launch Party – Marshall grabs onto a rocket that flies straight up into the sky and explodes into fireworks. This attack can be ended prematurely by pressing B. The Beat Counter is reset to zero after being used.

0 Beats – Marshall grabs onto a grey, oddly shaped rocket that does not travel very far and cannot turn.
    1-4 Beats – Marshall grabs onto a red rocket ship that travels somewhat far and can turn up to thirty degrees.
    5-9 Beats – Marshall grabs onto a blue party-hat shaped rocket that travels fairly far and can turn up to forty-five degrees.
    10-14 Beats – Marshall grabs onto a green bell-shaped rocket that travels very far and can turn up to ninety degrees.
    15+ Beats – Marshall grabs onto all four rockets at once, allowing him to move freely in any direction he desires, finishing with a powerful firework explosion.

Down B – Scratch-O – A turn-table appears in front of Marshall, causing him to either scratch the record and stop it, or spin the record to make it resume. Stopping the record will freeze the Beat Counter until either Big Rock Finish or Launch Party is used, which will deplete the Beat Counter back to zero. Resuming the record will un-freeze the Beat Counter, and also serves as an 3-hit close range attack that ends in a relatively large shockwave. If Marshall's Beat Counter is at zero, he will do this attack instead of stopping the record. Does not drop the Beat Counter.

Jab – Space Punch – Marshall punches with his right fist. 1-hit.
    Jab Combo – Karate Joe Combo – Marshall follows up quickly with a two punches, a kick, another punch, and an uppercut. 6-hit.
    Dash A – Night Roll – Marshall rolls into a ball and runs into the enemy, then jumps into an uppercut. 4-hit.

Forward Tilt – Ninja Slice – Marshall slashes forward with a pair of yellow daggers. 3-hit.
    Up Tilt – Glee Scream – Marshall screams loudly, causing his head to expand upwards. Good knockback. 1-hit.
    Down Tilt – Crop Stomp – Marshall stomps the ground hard with one foot, and then swings upwards with his hands. Good knockback. 2-hit.

(Charging Marshall's Smash attacks can add 1-3 hits to them, along with more damage.)
    Forward Smash – Samurai Storm – Marshall swings a katana wildly in front of him, then finishing with a strong slash. 6-hit.
    Up Smash – Cheer Routine – Marshall spins a black and white book above his head before opening it to a random page. 5-hit.
    Down Smash – Board Meeting – Marshall spins in place for a second with his arms extended, then stops himself by kicking the ground. 7-hit.

Neutral Aerial – Flipper Roll – Marshall does a cartwheel in midair, damaging anything in contact with him. 5-hit.
    Forward Aerial – Tambourine – Marshall pulls out a tambourine and slaps it rhythmically. Last hit has a slightly bigger range. 3-hit.
    Back Aerial – Shrimp Shuffle – Marshall bends towards his head towards his legs and lunges backwards. Good knockback. 1-hit.
    Up Aerial – Clappy Trio – Marshall claps his hands together above his head in rhythm. Last hit has a slightly bigger range. 3-hit.
    Down Aerial – Power Calligraphy – Marshall swings a paintbrush below himself. 1-hit. Meteor Spike.

Ground Attack – Breakdance – Marshall recovers from the ground by stylishly breakdancing to his feet. 4 hits. Does not drop the Beat Counter.
    Ledge Attack – Great Bird Call Strike – Marshall leaps up onto the stage and spikes his hand down as he flies upwards. 1 hit. Meteor Spike. Does not drop the Beat Counter.

Grab – Pest Catcher – Marshall grabs the opponent in both hands like a piece of candy.
    Grab Combo – Blue Bird Peck – Marshall headbutts the opponent he is holding. 1-hit.
    Forward Throw – Wrestle Pitch – Marshall lifts the opponent over his head and then hurls them forward. 2-hit.
    Back Throw – Lockstep – Marshall strikes the Lockstep pose four times with opponent in hand before reversing his direction and launching his opponent (on the last hit, Marshall's color scheme is reversed). 5-hit.
    Up Throw – Flockstep – Marshall crouches down, then jumps up into the air and throws the opponent up into the air. 2-hit.
    Down Throw – Tap Dancer – Marshall throws the opponent on the ground and them tap dances on top of them before stomping with both feet. 5-hit.

Up Taunt – Marshall performs a short tap-dancing routine.
    Down Taunt – Marshall flexes his non-existent muscles like a wrestler.
    Side Taunt – Marshall screams like he does while using Glee Scream.

Victory Pose A – Marshall performs the Big Rock Finish from Rhythm Heaven DS.
    Victory Pose B – Marshall does a back flip, then slides forward on his knees doing jazz hands.
    Victory Pose C – Marshall appears on a drumset, playing a drumroll before his name is announced, followed by a cymbal strike.

Costumes – White with black bow-tie. Light red with red bow-tie. Light blue with a blue bow-tie. Light green with a green bow-tie. Light yellow with purple bow-tie. Space Dance costume.

Entrance – Marshall floats in on a set of balloons from the beginning of Night Walk.

Idle Animation – Marshall will snap his fingers in rhythm with the music, do a little jig on the spot or wave a conductor's baton around.

Final Smash - Rhythm Orchestra

When activated, Marshall dons a fancy suit that makes him look like a conductor, complete with a conductor's baton. While Marshall is in this outfit, he has complete super armor. This Final Smash changes Marshall's B attacks.

B - Glee Choir - Two additional Marshalls appear at Marshall's sides, and the three sing a loud note together, creating a sonic shockwave at about the distance of DK's Donkey Konga.
    B Left - Wind Section - A large ensemble of flutes and clarinets appear on the right side of the screen, taking up approx. 30% of the screen. All the instruments are played together, creating shockwaves that launch the player to the left.
    B Right - Brass Section - A large ensemble of trumpets and tubas appear on the left side of the screen, taking up approx. 30% of the screen. All the horns are blown together, creating shockwaves that launch the players to the right.
    Up B - Percussion Section - A large ensemble of drums and floating drumsticks appear at the bottom of the screen, taking up approx. 30% of the screen. All the drums are struck together, creating shockwaves that launch the players upwards.
    Down B - String Section - A large ensemble of violins and guitars appears at the top of the screen, taking up approx. 30% of the screen. The instruments all play simultaneously, creating shockwaves that launch the players downwards.

This Final Smash lasts for approximately 15 seconds, and ends with Marshall taking a bow and receiving applause and flowers (equal to the number of hits he got during the FS), before returning to normal. A word appears above Marshall's head to show how he did as the Final Smash wears off.

0-2 Hits - Try Again...
    3-6 Hits - OK.
    7+ Hits - Superb!

During this attack, the Beat Counter cannot decrease, and the Beat Counter will increase by 1 for each successful hit. If this Final Smash ends with Marshall getting a "Try Again" rating, the Beat Counter is reset and the audience will throw tomatoes at Marshall, leaving him vulnerable after the Final Smash ends.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Sad this thread got eventually ignored because of the Chorus Kids. :(
Reading back, this thread got a decent boost in activity because of the rumor. More than characters like Karate Joe, Wrestler, or Rhythm Girl at least.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Just watch it be Marshall and not the Chorus Kids! Then we'll see who's taking all the credit!

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
hed be called mat in the uk version
Just looked up the credits for Rhythm Paradise, and looks like you're right.
Although it wouldn't be the first time for it to happen, with Rosalina and Luma having different names every other language.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
hed be called mat in the uk version
I actually didn't know that but it's kind of cool regardless. I'd say this is more comparable to Pokemon names than Rosalina herself though since I think its mostly the same for Europe and Spanish speaking countries.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I know next to nothing about Rhythm Heaven, but Marshal looks like a single Chorus Kid.

Which I like, and assuming the leak was true after all, one could mix up these characters if they weren't a fan.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I REALLY hope that Marshal gets in over "chorus kids".

He could have seen a picture and assumed, they look so alike. and if the leak was off of a text document from over a year, maybe two ago, it could easily have been changed.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
A lot of Rhythm Heaven fans don't know the name of the Chorus Kids because you only see it in the credits (and it's pretty forgettable in all honesty, especially with other characters' names), but know the name of Marshal because he tells you right in the tutorial that you can't skip.

It's much more probable to assume the Chorus Kids could be called Marshal, not the other way around. The fact he said Chorus Kids (Men in Japanese...hint hint), if anything, definitely means he actually knows who they are.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm still wondering why this thread didn't become the center of Rhythm Heaven attention, considering that it existed well before the Gematsu leak happened, and even then the Chorus Kids thread wasn't made until a week later.

Top Bottom