• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly one of lucas' taunts?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
It looks like he's controlling a PSI move from afar, look, he is raising *2* fingers, not one, so he's not pointing. And Kirby looking is just some staging up to make the screenshoot look interesting.

My opinion: Look at the top right pic, I think it's the same attack, and that could be the detonation or startup animation, and the bottom right pic is him controlling it.

TheKruskinator

Smash Apprentice
It can't be a taunt, it makes the opponent do something and that's not what taunts are about.
How do you know that? It could just be one of Kirby's own animations, separate from Lucas', that happens to have been playing at the same time for a screenshot opportunity.

It looks like he's controlling a PSI move from afar, look, he is raising *2* fingers, not one, so he's not pointing. And Kirby looking is just some staging up to make the screenshoot look interesting.

My opinion: Look at the top right pic, I think it's the same attack, and that could be the detonation or startup animation, and the bottom right pic is him controlling it.
Holy snap, he's right! This guy's onto something...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
My guess as I've said is that it is hypnosis or some kind of PSI attack that distracts that confuses the opponent... oh wait, yeah HYPNOSIS!
I don't think there's enough flashines in the screenshot to make it seem like the attack is there, his probably controlling it elsewhere out of the screenshot.

And Hypnosis doesn't seem like it would be a controllable attack.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I don't think there's enough flashines in the screenshot to make it seem like the attack is there, his probably controlling it elsewhere out of the screenshot.

And Hypnosis doesn't seem like it would be a controllable attack.
If Hypnosis was a move, it wouldn't really let you control the other player, it would be something in the likes of this.

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Sakurai rigged that pic with good timing, like for example: Lucas uses his taunt and points, while kirby is just looking that direction and does that thing while waiting.. but i never played a mother game so i dont know how poeple do psi and such

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I say that is definitely not the "pointing taunt" but would like to point out how adorable he looks in that pic.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
it just like the conference trailer, where they show Link and Zelda taunting (Link with Navi, and zedla with some magic effect thingy), they just did it at the smae time so it looks like they are doing someting together (like Navi healing Zelda, like the pink fairies do), it is probably just a no moving effect, like Diddy looking left and right)
here are all of Lucas's moves that have been shown.

Fair or Bair

Dair (or Second Jump???..mmm...not likely, but it has to be mentioned :p, but I think it is indeed his Dair)

Special , Taunt, or UpSmash

Forward Smash

Special or Fair (in case the kick is his bair, but the possibility of it being a special is still big, as the attack looks like is continuous)

Grab move

Taunt or Automatic standing-doing-nothing action

Taunt

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Before it was cropped it looked like he was holding up both his arms, but one was just the side of his head and his ear.

However, it is his right hand in the first pic and left in the second.

Top Bottom