• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach Social Thread: Royal Discussions

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I can record them if you want :>
That would help me out a lot if you would! Shall I send my vids to your Wii U?

Thanks a lot!

I absolutely cannot wait until they implement the 'upload to YouTube' feature in the game. Hopefully it'll save the hassle of having to record matches.
I know right!!! Recording stuff is such a pain...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I guess this is the best place to post this since I don't see a social thread in these boards. (Mod edit: moved post to Social Thread)
Gonna post a separate link just in case the video doesn't start where I want it to (using this post as a means of testing a few things along with showing something neat).
https://youtu.be/gz5WkYBZUwA?t=1m13s

Anyways, this was the day my cousin and I learned that trading with Peach Parasol can be pretty devastating. Bowser dies at 12% off the top all because of a trade (and probably a lack of air dodging/jumping/attacking/DIing) Still pretty amusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
I literally just told someone at a tournament today that Peach's Parasol beats everything, even Bowser Bomb, lol! It was after I Parasoled his Yoshi's Down B. I get DDDs a lot with it as well during their triple jump.

Key313

Smash Cadet
I literally just told someone at a tournament today that Peach's Parasol beats everything, even Bowser Bomb, lol! It was after I Parasoled his Yoshi's Down B. I get DDDs a lot with it as well during their triple jump.
Careful. I had it trade with Bowser Bomb. I would review what happened but that replay is gone with the update. Only happened once though. Did lead to a slow screen ko since the game was over which was cool.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Oh, I was completely unaware that my post had been moved here. Only just found out because I was still following the Peach Video Thread. Thanks to the mod for moving my post to the Social thread.

Anyways, yeah, I don't use Peach at all but that parasol is terrifying. My cousin will often chase people he knocks into the air with the parasol and since Peach falls slowly with it out and can move pretty fast horizontally he catches a lot of people with it and it kills at higher percents. He always comments how people just run into it though to be fair, it's not the most threatening looking move despite all of the power behind it so odds are not many people know that it can kill.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Sorry for being so inactive lately. I have been extremely busy these past few weeks so I haven't found any time to contribute. It looks like I'll stay busy till about the beginning of August so after then I'll start doing stuff here again!

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Could anyone help me? I keep getting grabbed whenever I use nair on shield. I think I'm using fair at the wrong time too because I usually get punished and if it hits I only get it in like once or twice.

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Could anyone help me? I keep getting grabbed whenever I use nair on shield. I think I'm using fair at the wrong time too because I usually get punished and if it hits I only get it in like once or twice.
Aww, too bad... I have the exact same problem ;___;

TheRealDrean

Smash Rookie
Aww, too bad... I have the exact same problem ;___;
I've never had this problem. Do you mean when floating? Try retreating and spacing it, because I'm pretty sure the hitbox is large enough to the point where you can start to retreat without being shieldgrabbed (unless they have a tether grab).

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Hmm. I usually start with a couple of dairs in order to inflict shield damage, then follow up with a retreating nair. However, I still end up being punished, which is really irritating. Technically it should work perfectly fine, but I keep messing it up. So... I guess I have to work on my spacing, as you said.

I love your signature btw, it's really cool!

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Page 9 SMH. The Zeldas are over 1000.

I'm going to the Xanadu Monthly this weekend to rep our Princess
I think its because most conversations that would happen in a social happen in the peach skype group c:

I hope you do well at Xanadu! Try to get on stream so we can root for you

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Wow, those really are good reasons to love Peach. But of course, there are no logical reasons not to love her, she's gorgeous.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Hey Peach mains, can you guys help me out?

Seriously, what am I looking at? This is supposed to be Peach's castle, but it hardly looks like a castle at all. Heck, the real castle is in the background. This stage has such weird design choices, like the random floaty platforms and the bumper and the railroad tracks. I didn't play Mario 64 but... what exactly is the inspiration for the stage? It always seemed completely half-finished to me.

justaway12

Smash Master
Hey Peach mains, can you guys help me out?

Seriously, what am I looking at? This is supposed to be Peach's castle, but it hardly looks like a castle at all. Heck, the real castle is in the background. This stage has such weird design choices, like the random floaty platforms and the bumper and the railroad tracks. I didn't play Mario 64 but... what exactly is the inspiration for the stage? It always seemed completely half-finished to me.
Maybe it's just me, but I always thought they just took a bunch of random stage elements from the game and mish-mashed them together, the bridge is from Cool Cool Mountain, the moving platform is from Whomp's Fortress and well...a lot of levels but Whomp's Fortress had a lot of them, the slanted platforms are from Lethal Lava Land or Rainbow Ride (IIRC), idk why the Bumper is there lol, yeah they do not look good all put together tho, but I love it for some reason, probs nostalgia.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Fun Fact:
(Sorry if its been mentioned)

I was playing doubles online with my brother.
I (Peach) pulled out a Bob-Omb and Killed my brother by accident.

The Result?

My brother got -1 and I got -2 points.

fml fml fml

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Ew. That stage is disgusting.

Anyway... Can I ask you guys a totally irrelevant and insignificant question?
Which character do you usually beat up in training mode?

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Mario since he's more or less the baseline for KO's and other stuff

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Rosalina because she's my second favorite

They totally should have brought back Melee's Peach's Castle because that represents the castle way better

marc0polo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoticeMeKohai

Whatever character I'm trying to improve my matchup against. Right now it's either shiek or fox.

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice

Captain Falcon because combo food, and he's the character you see the most in general.

ilysm

sleepy
Hullo, Peach boards! I used to main Ness and Lucas in every game, but as you all can probably tell I'm branching out and experimenting with other characters and I'm really stoked about Peach in Smash 4 (I actually think she's the coolest character to play as by far but don't tell anyone). I've been practicing her tech and neutral and combos and such for a couple weeks now and I finally got up the nerve to make the switch. I'm not that good at actual Smash yet (actually I'm still kind of a scrub despite a year of competitive Smash practice, but I enjoy and do well in a casual setting) but I love the scene, the games, and the character and this is my opportunity to introduce myself before I lurk around here and learn all there is to know while contributing almost nothing of solid value to discussion due to my lack of tournament experience. So this is my introduction to you all!

^_^

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice

Little Mac or Captain falcon
Have no idea why really

Found this and now i'm in love with it.
Maybe he'll do a peach and Rosalina collaboration next :colorful:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
So there's like 5 regulars here? That's pretty nice.

Hello! I represent the only Peach main in Arkansas, it's kinda nice because I've become hidden boss status with it.

I originally was a Luigi main since 3ds, but with all of the hate for him, with comments like "Braindead", i decided to pick up the least "braindead" character I actually love playing. So far it's amazing.

Why isn't she seen as at LEAST A+?

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Is Luigi really considered a "braindead" character? Peach is excellent though, so you truly chose the right character.

Oh, and welcome to the Peach boards!

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Why isn't she seen as at LEAST A+?
Welcome to the peach boards!

Peach isnt viewed as that high because she really struggles against a lot of the top tiers, and she struggles a bit as well against zoning characters.
She has the tools to be great though, peach relies heavily on the player's skill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom