• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patient vs. Aggressive: Which is better?

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
As misleading as the title may be, this thread is actually going to be used as a repository for information on both of these styles of Wario. The differences are vast, the Wario mains disagree, so instead of just trying to convince the other sides on which one is ultimately better, let's just educate each other on the benefits of both instead of bicker about whether or not it's better to run the timer or get in your opponent's face.

I'll be storing the information in the OP as I get it :D

I'll also post my opinions and views on this later, I'm mad tired. All I'm gonna say is playing Wario patiently is a good thing.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
It depends on the matchup and how ur opponent is playing. You never just say this match I'm gonna go all out and play aggro. I see whats up the first few seconds of the match the adjust. If I feel like they are timid I'm going to pressure them and play aggro but if I need to camp I'm prepared to roast marshmallows.

Sky`

Smash Lord
There's a disconnect from camping and playing safe, and waiting for what's given. If you don't know the difference, stop playing Wario.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I worded it poorly, my bad. I was hoping you guys would get the gist of what I meant, but oh well.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I worded it poorly, my bad. I was hoping you guys would get the gist of what I meant, but oh well.
YOu can always edit your post. :)

Patience is key with Wario. Even if you are being aggressive, you have to pick and choose your opportunities.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I prefer the "campy" style mainly because its easier to remain patient and capitalize on those moments where the opponent screwed up. I mean you can be all the over the stage and still be campy with Wario's aerial movement. It's like Pikachu and its Quick Attack Cancel. What appears to be a very aggressive Pikachu thats zipping across the stage is actually a defensive style meant to confuse the opponent and create openings. Wario is great with either style but I just find it easier to be more defensive :D

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
Campy of course i think is wario really good with it , like doin fair pokes , wait for the waft openin etc.

I suggest going campy , of course you have to be really patient with the kills , and yea dont forget to use the tires!

PolarJunkie

Smash Cadet
If someone said I was playing gay in Brawl....I'd take it as a compliment no joke.
Thirded LOL

As for the question at hand, I prefer to play aggressively but I find that the aggressive style gets me in trouble sometimes, i.e., when my opponent is waiting for me to approach to pivot grab or Bair me. A common thing opponents do is attack a position in the air where they think you're going to, say, full hop Dair. When they seem to be successful with that strategy, that's when I know I need to reconsider my strategy and probably play a little less aggressively.

Just thought of a good way to clarify what I'm trying to say: Go with what's most effective. If my opponent likes to turtle in his shield and play way too passively, then I see that as a go-ahead for aggressive play. On the other hand, if I'm playing aggressively and I'm getting ***** and read, then I'll stop jumping in and attacking so much because the fact that I'm losing means that my opponent isn't presenting enough weaknesses to justify my aggressive play.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I don't think patient is a playstyle of Wario. Sense it doesn't matter if you camp or if you're aggressive you're going to have to have patience.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This ^^^^

There's a difference between playing aggro and patient and smart. And playing campy
You can be aggro and patent and smart at the same time. My point was that you the Wario player whether you're aggro or campy is going to have to be smart otherwise you'll just run into an opponents attacks.

Grinpis

Smash Cadet
I'm normaly an agro wario, but sometimes i have to be patient.,.

I understand agro stile like you will atack first and dont wait for the oponent aproach.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I don't HATE him.

I just think...he says stupid things sometimes.

Snappleton also told me a secret about AL that I thought was simply amazing!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yeah he's quite the tool. He's been hibernating and playing magic for the past 2 months.
I'm a tool ? I would say something but to you however considering how I don't even know who you are I really have nothing to say to you.

@ mongoose I love you too.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
All Wario players are tools. We're all disrespectful. We like to fart on people and eat 'em.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Can we please keep childish arguments like this out of the thread, please?

It solves nothing, it is more detrimental to us then you think.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
It would be best to not argue since we're all Wari-bros here. Wario mains gotta stick together. Make amends and let's keep this thread to it's original topic.

Top Bottom