• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

SPEN18

Smash Champion
It's been made known on here, but I support Marx, followed by Magolor.
Marx has a path if Sakurai is wanting to choose a Kirby character from one of his own games, while Magolor has a path due to popularity (both in the ballot era and persisting up til now). Basically, Sakurai seems to care about Marx, while HAL seems to care about Magolor.
This is arguable of course, but I also think Marx would have the best moveset out of any Kirby character for what that's worth.

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
It's been a long time but I remember really enjoying Star Allies (it's the only Kirby game I've played) specifically because of its characters.

BWD/Magolor are the obvious choice but I think Gooey and Rick/Kine/Coo could be fun and unique as well.

Actually, part of me kinda hopes they go for a weirdo Kirby pick and not BWD. Ultimate played it safe with its newcomers (barring Piranha Plant, Joker, and a few others) and I really miss the out of left field picks. Kirby has such a bright and colorful cast of characters, and even though BWD has the prevalence, I kinda want to see Sakurai get creative and pick someone we don't expect with a surprising moveset to boot.

BWD would still be fine, but come on... imagine if we got Toad instead of Rosalina in SSB4.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Let’s talk about something a bit more positive.

If BWD got in but a second Kirby newcomer got in alongside him, who would you pick? For me, it’s be Magolor.
Magolor easy. Starting to warm up to Dark Matter recently.
Say what you want about Rosalina but her moveset turned out more unique than Toad's ever could. And this is coming from someone who has wanted Toad since Brawl. He would just be... standard.
You say "standard" like it's a bad thing

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
No, I've noticed it years ago, just by what I'm writing I mean that the most likely in the new game of Super Smash Bros. series will have a Pokémon from generation 10 as a newcomer, although I know it's something I don't need to mention.
Im still expecting ScreamTail to show up tbh.

Its the first Pokemon in smash to get a new variant and Jigglypuff is a simple ball, wouldnt take much resource to make ScreamTail.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326

If BWD got in but a second Kirby newcomer got in alongside him, who would you pick? For me, it’s be Magolor.
I say Magolor as well. He has a lot of qualities that I admire in a character...wizard, interdimensional traveler, and RPG-style fantasy merchant.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

My personal bias says Adeleine and Ribbon, Brawl in the Family always made her feel like the fifth member of the crew alongside the Return to Dreamland Quartet.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
My personal bias says Adeleine and Ribbon, Brawl in the Family always made her feel like the fifth member of the crew alongside the Return to Dreamland Quartet.
That, and there's a lot you could do with an artist-based moveset. So many directions you could take that, I'd love to see what they come up with.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Re :ultkirby: I want BWD and Forgotten content but I want his moveset to remain mostly the same although car mouth lol not sure how to use that but the giant inhales are hilarious and . Y favorite part of that game.

Re :pokeroll:
Have a nice day!
Screenshot_20240321-152039.png

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Princess Peach Showtime is coming out tomorrow.... anyone planning on picking it up?
Unfortunately I’m still working on my backlog of games I already own before I buy anything else. I’m currently on my second playthrough of Triangle Strategy. I want to get to the Tales of Arise DLC and finally beat Tears of the Kingdom afterwards. As far as new games I don’t own yet, I’m pretty interested in Unicorn Overlord, Disgaea 7, SMT V, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, and Super Mario Wonder. Once FFVII Rebirth comes to PC, I’ll pick that up. Princess Peach Showtime looks kind of cool too but I don’t think I’ll ever realistically have enough time to get to it.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
I'm not saying or writing that this is for sure, but with Super Princess Peach being released 18 years ago and Princess Peach: Showtime coming out tomorrow it makes me think that Princess Peach will start getting her own video game series.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hopefully if the Peach game does well we can see sequels and have the series expanded just like Luigi's Mansion, WarioWare, Yoshi's Island, DKC, etc. They could even bring Daisy, Rosalina, and/or Pauline in the future.

And I also hope that we could get a Princess Zelda focused game someday as well.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, this feels very anticlimactic. Would have loved something more out of the blue like a couple of 3rd parties but it is what it is.

Also no FE Engage. Oh well, I'm not reading anything into that.

I'm totally reading it as Alear being saved for base roster in Smash 6. I know what I'm getting myself into. Don't @ me.
Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only one who felt this way. Although, my whole thing is that I was expecting a mix of 1st and 3rd party Spirits, but it is what it is, I guess.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly, I think as far as my personal big first parties (DK, Zelda, Kirby) I do fully admit I want the conventional choices (Dixie, Impa, BWD) as their next reps. But after that, I'm of the opinion that the sky's the limit in terms of selection. Especially with Zelda and Kirby an out of left field choices like a Vaati or a Rick/Kine/Coo combination fighter would be really cool to see.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, I think as far as my personal big first parties (DK, Zelda, Kirby) I do fully admit I want the conventional choices (Dixie, Impa, BWD) as their next reps. But after that, I'm of the opinion that the sky's the limit in terms of selection. Especially with Zelda and Kirby an out of left field choices like a Vaati or a Rick/Kine/Coo combination fighter would be really cool to see.
This is where I am. Characters like Magalor and Funky are awesome, but I really do just love BWD and Dixie more.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This is where I am. Characters like Magalor and Funky are awesome, but I really do just love BWD and Dixie more.
Personally I'd rather see Magolor, but I also feel that BWD as really established itself as a Kirby mainstay character way better than in the Smash 4 and early Ultimate era thanks to Star allies and Forgotten land so I'm not as opposed to the idea as I used to. I still think Magolor could bring more on the table moveset wise, but I can at least accept BWD as a legitimate character and not just "that character who made a comeback for Return to dreamland".

7NATOR

Smash Master
Bandana Waddle Dee is not Really an Flashy and/or Exciting Character moveset wise, and Design wise as well, but honestly, I think that could be the point

I do think there should be more Simple Characters added to the Next Smash, and Bandana Waddle Dee could honestly be the character that embodies this the most. A Character that is very easy to pick up and play and do good with, I Imagine he'd have

-5 Jumps like the other Kirby Characters
-Simple to use/understand Attacks, including Specials
-A Really good Recovery
-Long reaching normals (relative to other Small Characters) that has a Disjoint
-Cute and Simple Design

I actually think he could be easier to use then Kirby Himself if done right, and the Cute Design might gravitate more towards Casual players. I also think it would be easy on the Development team relative to other character cause the Design is so simple and Bandana Dee has no voice either.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Bandana Waddle Dee is not Really an Flashy and/or Exciting Character moveset wise, and Design wise as well, but honestly, I think that could be the point

I do think there should be more Simple Characters added to the Next Smash, and Bandana Waddle Dee could honestly be the character that embodies this the most. A Character that is very easy to pick up and play and do good with, I Imagine he'd have

-5 Jumps like the other Kirby Characters
-Simple to use/understand Attacks, including Specials
-A Really good Recovery
-Long reaching normals (relative to other Small Characters) that has a Disjoint
-Cute and Simple Design

I actually think he could be easier to use then Kirby Himself if done right, and the Cute Design might gravitate more towards Casual players. I also think it would be easy on the Development team relative to other character cause the Design is so simple and Bandana Dee has no voice either.
I think it'd be interesting to play up his normalness by giving him only 2 jumps, was always a bit weird in Kirby games that his float was just infinite jumps.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And I also hope that we could get a Princess Zelda focused game someday as well.
I'd much rather Zelda be a second playable character alongside Link in a main Zelda game. Not so much a Player 2, although a Player 2 option would be fine as well, but playing Spirit Tracks made me really want another Zelda game with Link and Zelda working and solving puzzles in tandem again.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'd much rather Zelda be a second playable character alongside Link in a main Zelda game. Not so much a Player 2, although a Player 2 option would be fine as well, but playing Spirit Tracks made me really want another Zelda game with Link and Zelda working and solving puzzles in tandem again.
That would be good as well, but a game with Zelda as the main character would be nice, if Mario can get spinoffs with Luigi, Wario, Yoshi, and Peach as the main protagonists, then Zelda as a series can have a Zelda game with the actual titular Zelda as the main protagonist.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think Zelda would be an interesting main character for a Nintendo take on the stealth genre. Her in the form of Shiek would be an obvious path but even outside that persona, I think she could work as a contrast to the typical LoZ adventure. Emphasize that Triforce of Wisdom element via a focus on smartly avoiding enemies and/or taking them out at a distance. There are loads of mechanics already established in the lore (lens of truth, masks, bombchu) that they could really get creative with in that kind of game.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
As far as first parties go, I'm somewhere in the middle, I guess.

I like Funky, Cranky and Tiny more than Dixie for example, but I still think Dixie should come first. I'd prefer Pauline, Paper Mario, Fawful, etc. as a new Mario character but I would still prioritize Toad before them. (Waluigi is one of the few exceptions in this case. He's my most wanted Mario character but I'd also give him priority due to demand.)

As for Zelda, I'd be super down for a game where she is the central/playable protagonist. I'm very fond of the Sheik stealth/adventure/(ninja?) game idea, but honestly, with the new direction that the series has taken, I think it'd be neat if they made a traditional Zelda game, but you know, actually for Zelda.

Top Bottom