• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New relevant angle?

voorhese

Smash Master
I noticed, Axe likes to angle his up b some times to go just above the stage, then go straight horizontally to the center. Using this same logic, I think this angle would be good sometimes also:

instead of going to the ledge when you are above it at like a 45 degree angle, angle down and in (but onto the stage) and then slide you your stick so you are angling down I think(?) I was experimenting with it about a week ago and got it to work. Anyway I think it was down. When you are grounded you cant QA down, so you go forward. so it ends up similar to the angle from below the ledge to the center, except it's from above the ledge to the center. You will have no fall time like if you arc up and in and then down and in, but you will suffer the full lag from doing a grounded QA. Just some food for thought.

The Jets

Smash Cadet
Yeah a lot of people use some basic angles for sweet spotting and the one you talked about axe using. If you look back at old vids you can find Chudat using all kinds of different, less standard angles. He rarely sweet spotted just because the technology wasn't really figured out yet, I assume

Last edited:
Top Bottom