• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger Approaching - Diddy Kong!

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Dojo Link: Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong’s pal has finally joined the battle! Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.

He scrambles around the battle, using whimsical fighting moves while wielding both his Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!

Click on picture for larger size:

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
I don't know which thread I should post in, but this one has a picture so it holds my *******'s attention better.

He looks like a combo demon. I smell it. Omfg he's going to be awesome

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Shizzit, It's Diddy. ;_;

He looks like a Middle-tier, If you ask me.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Whatever. It doesn't really matter who Posted first, does it?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Man, I'm definitely gunna use Diddy as a secondary. I always knew he was a possibility but I never realized how much I actually wanted him in the game till now.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Hell, its always a race on this forum area.

Who can get it first.

Its been a contest ever since for some reason.
Seems Kinda Pointless, Doen't it? =P

@Range Flash: You're Probably right, now that I Look at his moves again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shizzit, It's Diddy. ;_;

He looks like a Middle-tier, If you ask me.
Why does tier matter to you? I'd play my top no matter what tier they were in...

I have no idea what tier they are in either...but I don't care either way

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I think he looks great. Definitely one of the top tier.
I don't even need to say anything, Ill let you figure out what was wrong with that post.

Umm.. I dont like diddy kong, but meh, Im hyped to see his moveset. Its all wireframes to me anyway, cept capt falcon.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Sadly Dylan, I agree, I'm no huge fan of Diddy myself, but meh. Neat none the less.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Sadly Dylan, I agree, I'm no huge fan of Diddy myself, but meh. Neat none the less.
Character update is still cool. The wait was worth it for this, at the very least since we know more about what we mostly care about : the roster.

For me thats essentially it.. I trust sakurai to make great items/stages and whatnot, but basically im concerned first and foremost with gameplay, how the game will play, where its different from melee, where its similar, wavedashing? etc

and secondly, which new chars are making the scene?

So anything that contributes to that stuff is cool by me.

I just dont much .. like... diddykong. Though if he had a lot of similarities to dk.. plus smaller + speed.

Im intrested to say the least, to see how he plays.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
I fell off my chair in awesomeness when I read Diddy Kong.

Seriously.

I pumped my fist into the air and the off-centered gravity sent me to the floor. The pain was easily forgotten.

BECAUSE IT'S MOTHER****ING DIDDY KONG!!

skyone

Smash Journeyman
It was worth the extra 3-hour wait for the update - definitely wasn't expecting this one! This is a win-filled week!

I doubt he'll be higher tier than Fox per se, but it looks like he'll definitely be up there.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
rocket barrel and so much more, its diddy kong
everyones favorite tiny monkey

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I guess it should have been expected - the DK 'verse needed some addition considering it lacked one in Melee. This, however, doesn't neccessarilly mean K. Rool is a shoe-in. It does bode well for Ridley, considering the Metroid series has had one representative since 64 as well.

Heh, with challengers coming up unexpectedly nowadays I guess Krystal could show up anytime. Oh come on Sakurai. Pleeeeeeease.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sakurai said:
Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.
Like I said on the Diddy character thread I hope this means that we will be getting a new gameplay footage soon incorporating some of the new updates.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Dojo Link: Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong’s pal has finally joined the battle! Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.

He scrambles around the battle, using whimsical fighting moves while wielding both his Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!

^^This deserves to be posted twice!! Man, I'm so glad to see the simian of all simian's take is reserved spot among Brawl's finest! I mean, look at em.....it's truly a sight to behold.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ike, PKMN Trainer, and Diddy in a video is needed...

Hell, they gave FOX a special video...

thatvietguy

Smash Rookie
Wow! All these new characters! I've never been much of a fan for Diddy but I sure am now! These updates are great but what I'm more curious about are returning characters. Come on Sakurai! Go Ice Climbers! :D

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I didn't expect Diddy Kong. He's okay and he fits. I don't think he'll be top tier or high tier anyways since it seems foolish to me.

psicicle

Smash Ace
ehh I never pictured diddy as a smash character but any character update is a good one. Unless it is one that says that the ice climbers or ganon are not in

Top Bottom