• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We finally got our first revealed newcomer for the relaunch. And it's none other than the Joker himself. It also appears that Mark Hamill is back as his voice actor.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's hoping we get more reveals and Joker gameplay soon.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Tony Huynh also confirmed in a tweet that Joker won't be the only newcomer at launch. He said that the Joker is "just the beginning".

Faso115

Smash Lord
Btw, the design and the trailer match what Papagenos said 2 years ago about Joker, so whatever info he had back then is pretty much legit.

Which means that we should expect

Samurai Jack reveal fairly soon as Papagenos was fairly confident he was coming

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
DCAU and killing joke I imagine
Would they be able to do his hat from KJ? I feel like it might mess with hitboxes a little given the wide brim... but either way, it'd be a favourite of mine.

I'd personally also like to see his white suit from The Dark Knight Returns. Feels like a snazzy look befitting of the clown prince of crime.

Or just add the Suicide Squad (2016) one to **** with people

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Would they be able to do his hat from KJ? I feel like it might mess with hitboxes a little given the wide brim... but either way, it'd be a favourite of mine.

I'd personally also like to see his white suit from The Dark Knight Returns. Feels like a snazzy look befitting of the clown prince of crime.

Or just add the Suicide Squad (2016) one to **** with people
Why not just make a Dark Knight Costume for Joker to recapture Heath Ledger's appearance of the character aswell as his famous lines.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They better start pumping these character reveals. We basically know this character was done over a year ago
I mean...I'd bet money that pretty much all of the characters at relaunch and a while after relaunch will be ones we knew about, like Joker. It just makes sense to get those out since they've been complete for like, ever. There are sleeping animations in the game tied to the Wicked Witch's poppy fields, the Instagram post had music from Beetlejuice, we have a Townsville stage, Scooby made a quick cameo in the NHL thing, and one of the LotR stages seems to have become Aku's Lair. Those alone cover a LOT of the characters who, like Joker, we knew were coming and actually had significant work done.

By the way, we have a reveal trailer:

Well, guess I'm eating my words. We do, in fact, have new characters for the relaunch. I wish I didn't have to color myself surprised, but this is WBD we're talking about.

I'm willing to bet Bugs was willing to play along and stick to the script, because I also doubt he'd be knocked cold by The Joker. On the other hand, Batman and Shaggy & Bugs and Arya were two of the first duos revealed, if not the first two. I'm probably the only person who remembered that.

Either they got a Mark Hamil soundalike, or Mark's getting up there in age. If the latter is true, I'm glad they got him to do one last bout with Kevin Conroy. Joker's design looks good, too.

New logo variant dropped, and we have Shaggy, Bugs, Tom and Jerry, Velma, Harley Quinn, Iron Giant, Batman, Gizmo, Rick, and Marvin. This implies that no one was cut between beta and relaunch. I hope this is the case, because I wouldn't want to see something like Mewtwo in Brawl happen for a live service game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, guess I'm eating my words. We do, in fact, have new characters for the relaunch. I wish I didn't have to color myself surprised, but this is WBD we're talking about.

I'm willing to bet Bugs was willing to play along and stick to the script, because I also doubt he'd be knocked cold by The Joker. On the other hand, Batman and Shaggy & Bugs and Arya were two of the first duos revealed, if not the first two. I'm probably the only person who remembered that.

Either they got a Mark Hamil soundalike, or Mark's getting up there in age. If the latter is true, I'm glad they got him to do one last bout with Kevin Conroy. Joker's design looks good, too.

New logo variant dropped, and we have Shaggy, Bugs, Tom and Jerry, Velma, Harley Quinn, Iron Giant, Batman, Gizmo, Rick, and Marvin. This implies that no one was cut between beta and relaunch. I hope this is the case, because I wouldn't want to see something like Mewtwo in Brawl happen for a live service game.
Why on earth would they cut anyone? It's the same game, not a sequel.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Either they got a Mark Hamil soundalike, or Mark's getting up there in age. If the latter is true, I'm glad they got him to do one last bout with Kevin Conroy. Joker
One thing's for sure: Mark Hamill is really bad at sticking to the promise that any of his Joker roles are The Last Time I'm Ever Going To Play Joker, I Swear To God. Seriously, he's been doing it ever since he reprised the Joker for a Robot Chicken sketch combining the Shawshank Redemption with Batman.

That said, he is 72, so something is going to have to force him to finally stop playing the Joker soon.

Faso115

Smash Lord
He later said at some point that as long as Kevin was in a project, he's in. After Kevin's passing he has shared that he no longer wishes to play Joker to honor his friend as it's not the same without Conroy.

That said, i do wonder if he's gonna make an exception for games such as this. I really doubt it but there's some leeway if u get other characters voiced by him. Anyone wanna make a Skips fan account?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
One thing's for sure: Mark Hamill is really bad at sticking to the promise that any of his Joker roles are The Last Time I'm Ever Going To Play Joker, I Swear To God. Seriously, he's been doing it ever since he reprised the Joker for a Robot Chicken sketch combining the Shawshank Redemption with Batman.

That said, he is 72, so something is going to have to force him to finally stop playing the Joker soon.
He later said at some point that as long as Kevin was in a project, he's in. After Kevin's passing he has shared that he no longer wishes to play Joker to honor his friend as it's not the same without Conroy.

That said, i do wonder if he's gonna make an exception for games such as this. I really doubt it but there's some leeway if u get other characters voiced by him. Anyone wanna make a Skips fan account?
It's entirely possible Hamill recorded his lines way ahead of time, before Conroy's death even.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Well, guess I'm eating my words. We do, in fact, have new characters for the relaunch.posict

We know no one is being cut. This is just the same game being relaunched, not a new product. If anyone was to be I could only really see Lebron but they'd have said. It's safe to say everyone is staying.

it's confirmed to be Mark, he's just much older.

It's entirely possible Hamill recorded his lines way ahead of time, before Conroy's death even.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It’s official:

Mark Hamill is The Joker.

As a reminder, Joker’s full gameplay overview will be Monday morning.

Edit: Have an image:

View attachment 389079
I think it's interesting that Bugs Bunny is the Jack on the playing card. I probably would have gone with either Red Hood or Superman (the latter if we're limited to characters already on the roster), but it's such a tiny detail it doesn't matter

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Minor update:

Custom Games will now have support for exactly 3 players.

In the Beta, you either needed to add a bot or drop one player.

Edit: One more thing. The EULA (End User License Agreement) was updated to support more languages, including Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Korean, and Japanese. Thus, it can be safe to say Asian servers will be made available, especially since the game was confirmed to come to Japan.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
How would we feel if this was this year's character release lineup? I don't necessarily believe this is what will happen, but one way that things could happen.

Release: Joker, Scooby, Powerpuff Girls, Wicked Witch of the West, Pickle Rick (clone)

June: Shazam (Black Adam clone), Samurai Jack

July: Danerys Tarnygen (Game of Thrones)

August: Dexter, Fiona (Finn clone)

September: Daffy Duck

October: Beetlejuice

November: Gandalf, Stevonnie (hybrid clone; takes normal moves from Wonder Woman and specials from Steven Universe)

December: Marceline

Top Bottom