• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Embarrassing Deaths (SD or otherwise)?

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
hey, does anyone know any good Pro SD's? Like is there a vid of Ken air dodging off the edge or something? That would be pretty funny... and it wouldn't make me feel so bad about my SD's.

I think my worst one was jumping on the edge to edgehog against my friend who plays Roy (I don't think he realizes it's an edgehog yet, he just thinks I'm taunting him :-P) and he blasted me off the edge with his up b, stayed there for a sec and inadvertently caused me to fall to my doom. I'm not sure if he even knows he was invincible right there.... very embarrassing.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I know this is the Melee forum, but in Brawl, while Castle Seige was changing backgrounds, my character fell through the floor and I died and lost the match. I don't know how it happened, I was just standing there waiting for my opponent to approach. I was winning that match too >.>

Proverbs

Smash Lord
My worst death was in versus mode. I was playing teams. Me against two of my friends who...need some more practice with smash (we'll just put it that way). We were on Battlefield and I spent like a good half a minute or so edgehopping just to annoy them. And then my friend (who, as I said, is not that great at this game) jumps down and spikes me with Ness. I was shocked for a good while.

However I think I still beat them <.<;;

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
I think it's way more embarrassing when someone you think stinks at the game or is just a button masher pulls off a technique on you that kills you-- especially if they didn't mean to do it. And then you kind of get paranoid, too..... "Maybe's he's just pretending to stink at SSMB...." etc., until you start thinking he's Ken in disguise. At least until he SD's five times in one match. That's sort of reassuring on the Ken-impersenator (AAAHHHH!!!!! HORIBLE SPELING!!!) front..... ah well.

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
Ha my embarrassing death came from a level 9 Fox on FD he grabbed me at the edge and did a downthrow which spiked me down lol ugh. Ive been pwned worse by a computer but I cant remember what

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I was doing well against a friend on my Fox against Fox match. It was down to the last stock, and he has 125% on Fountain of Dreams. As soon as I got off the revival platform for my last stock, I accidentally use Fox Illusion over the edge.

Every time as Jigglypuff when I use Rest when I meant Pound, and got punished.

Forgetting to come out of Stone when off of the stage.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
with fox sometimes i used to illusion off the edge.. and sometimes i use illusion when im trying to shine.. it pisses me off.. and with CF i saved my friend by pressing upb when he got knocked off and i got tossed back down... we were doing team battles and my partner hit him right towards me..

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
anytime with lucas where u pkt2 back up to the edge but hit just below it and rebound off and have to watch urself helplessly die. :(

Peck

Smash Apprentice
Well I was Bowser and on Battlefield once I think I used the Koopa Claw or the Bowser Bomb..I collided with my opponent, and i accidentally fell off the stage along with my opponent..

Kid5day

Smash Rookie
Had to be either when I fought against my friend... yesterday... and he's never played before, and I was playing mewtwo against fox. Well I put it to one stock, and when he got far off the edge and used his Up B move I Baired him and he illusioned back to the stage... edgehogging me on the way, ACCIDENTLY.

OR when I first played mewtwo or sheik (it happened with both, sheik first) and I tried edgeguarding after I teleported off the stage :/

Both in VS. though.

In 1P I was playing against Bowser in ALL-Star and I tried getting him to fall off the dge when I did myself :D

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Heh...mine was really funny and my friend kept the vid.....it was at samus stage (the one with the lava wave, dont remember name cause it was the only time i ever played SSBB at my friends house cause my wii wont read....its at repairs currently so i will be able to play mine in like 1 week)...it was time for the lava wave to hit so i tried to open those thingies to get inside....i was playing falco and i would use the side-special to break the door to enter and survive it....my friend opened the door before i performed the move, i passed right through it and i ended up falling in the other side.....:p and it was exact timing...the very moment i pressed side-b the door opened..i wouldnt call it tough luck though because the laugh we had after it and the video we kept was worth much more than the whole match

Agi

Smash Lord
Throwing a pitfall at an opponent while over o hole, forgetting that they have a franklin badge on...:( I may be the only person to meteor smash themself O_o

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
First of all, howcome so many people are posting stuff about Brawl in here? This is the Melee section of SWF.
I agree.
It's also the 1-Player Mode board, so most embarassing VS Mode deaths are off-topic as well.

My most embarassing would probably be on the first level, being stupid with tether recoveries, and forgetting to press Z again before tumbling helplessly to my watery doom.

Agi

Smash Lord
First of all, howcome so many people are posting stuff about Brawl in here? This is the Melee section of SWF. Secondly, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0tA6fqd_44&feature=related (video is short but kindof loud)
...whoops. Sorry. Too used to brawl...
Most embarrassing melee death:
100 man Melee.
I was playing as Dk, using the b-down to try and unlock falco, when suddenly a party ball opens above me, and a load of bomb-ombs fell out...

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
this acctually happened yesterday, normally when I edgehog with falco or fox, I fall off the stage for like half a second, then illusion onto the edge, but yesterday, at FoD, I waited to long... nuff said

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Foxy's fair off the stage.

Raptor Boost off the stage.

And who could ever forget about Azendashing? I've done that a few times.

rhan

Smash Hero
I got thunder jacket'd.....

I zipped across battlefield.....

Young Link stood no chance......

Not even the boot could penetrate the jacket...

...Such a sad day...

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
If I had a nickel for everytime I illusioned off the edge....

Don't remember much experiences but one time I was playing on Kongo Jungle with my friend...

It was a heated match and we were down to one stock...

He f-smashed me pretty close to K.O. boundaries but I got back as I was on the left side...

As SOON as I fully recovered and stood up from the ledge...some freaking way the **** fish bites like my toe and I'm spiked to the water...

I sat there and stared for a good 10 minutes...

--------------------------------

Can you do this in brawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRtuum-xng

I don' t think so....

daisey

Smash Apprentice
id have to say fast falling while doing sheik's f'air off the stage, also falco's d'air while off the stage, actually forgetting i was holding down while off the stage.

Top Bottom