• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Embarrassing Deaths (SD or otherwise)?

Felca

Smash Rookie
I'd have to say my dumbest death thus far was in adventure mode on very hard (I was experimenting with different characters, trying to see how far I could get with one stock). I was at the very end of mushroom kingdom, airdodged past the very last paratroopa, and was just ambling towards the finish... and... the turtle turned around and very slowly inched up behind me, touched my back, annnnnd I went flying off the screen.

Yeah. I swear I sat and stared at the continue screen for a good forty seconds feeling really sorry for myself.

As for SDs... uhh, I do a lot of airdodging off the edge instead of wavedashing backwards.

calmlunatic

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think Jiggly's rollout off the edge sucks. Especially after you spent a few seconds charging it.

A freezie KO is never a good thing though.

SSBM4Lyfe

Smash Rookie
I have some really bad ones (sence i just got the game yesterday. yay me :bee:) so my worst so far is walking across the screen to get the opponent and falling down a hole..:dizzy:

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
Personally, I think Jiggly's rollout off the edge sucks. Especially after you spent a few seconds charging it.

A freezie KO is never a good thing though.
On one SD match, I did a roll dodge as a jigglypuff did it's roll out and they KO'ed them self, I could not help but laugh and taunt. :laugh:

Another is when you do Toon Link's D-Air and miss while they are off stage or at the edge. I got it down though. :chuckle:

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice
My most embarrassing death was in stamina mode... I was at 1% and I attempted to dair Luigi with Link, he used his shield I missed and got taunt killed (Luigi's taunt). I put my controller down and walked away. Never played stamina ever again.

I never knew techs such as l-cancelling existed at the time xd

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
Here is some stupid stuff i have done and my friend has done. I have used foxes over B to fly off the stage at o% and my friend likes captain falcon and he always uses his kick and goes off the stage. So Ive learned to be more careful because i want to see how close i can get>

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
try getting knocked off with pit and trying to just use regular jumps to get back up and glide.... this mess up because trying to go upward and losing all jumps and up b and just die.

Flaminghorse

Smash Rookie
Fighting taboo on intense boss battles and tripping right before he used the golden bracket attack. Pretty embarrasing and upsetting. Also falling asleep on the rocks in the pirate ship stage because of peach and getting smashed by the boat before I could wake up.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
try getting knocked off with pit and trying to just use regular jumps to get back up and glide.... this mess up because trying to go upward and losing all jumps and up b and just die.
Fighting taboo on intense boss battles and tripping right before he used the golden bracket attack. Pretty embarrasing and upsetting. Also falling asleep on the rocks in the pirate ship stage because of peach and getting smashed by the boat before I could wake up.
Lol, do you even know where you at now?

My most embarrassing death was in stamina mode... I was at 1% and I attempted to dair Luigi with Link, he used his shield I missed and got taunt killed (Luigi's taunt). I put my controller down and walked away. Never played stamina ever again.

I never knew techs such as l-cancelling existed at the time xd

Are you sure it was his taunt? I mean, I never knew CPU Luigi actually taunt-attacked (like, on purpose). You're unlucky :p

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
eh, it's not 1 player, but this is pretty embarassing imo.

:49

That's my reward for double stick teching, but momentum stalling when its not needed.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Mine is when I was playing melee, I got spiked down with Luigi's taunt >_< that was the first and last time that happened to me.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Fast falling+ Falco down air of the edge 3 times in a row. Luckily, I was player a computer and nobody saw that. Haha.

~rh

Smash Lord
I tripped on FD near the edge, and I sneezed irl. Then My controller fell and I lost the match abd had to continue.

Velda

Smash Rookie
either in cruel brawl when i got koed at 0% hnging on a ledge or one time i got knocked out and starting recdovering the wring direction.

OriginalVillain

Smash Cadet
Getting hit by Gannondorf's up tilt because I was convinced I had time to grab him. That was uniquely embarrassing.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Me (Marth) vs. Luigi on Mute City, in a friendly. Last stock, both at high percents. This is right before the floor disappears under you and falling equals death. I get knocked off a small amount and as I recover, I fall into Luigi's taunt by mistake. It was at that moment, while I'm in the air, that the floor disappears, and I try to recover unsuccessfully. Luigi was going to die, too, but I was closer to the bottom. I die, lose the match, and look in horror as it says "Poser KO" on my opponent's bonuses.

...it wasn't even the spike kind.

Wynter

Smash Rookie
hmmm lets see mine i suppose would have to be when i just pulled off this amazing combo-kill only to ^B away from the stage for no reason >.< i still dont know why i did it. i was playing as luigi

i have two actualy... once i used links Dair trying to spike my opponent on my last life instead...well, you know...

DLO

Smash Journeyman
with sheik,i did the dash attack to a chargin-warlock-punch ganondorf.with the Dash attack,i avoid the punch(i am in front of ganon).but it's a super sudden death and he did the A basical attack.i died.
OR
in the super mario world level,with CF i do a B> to the blocks in the centre of the level.they start to rotate and take me down,helpless.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
mine happened today....
i was olimar, going through boss battles on hard. i got to tabuu with not a huge care. i started beating on tabuu, and i tried to pull off a uair upb combo thingie and tabuu dodged and i fell off the stage... XD

Naybewon

Smash Ace
My brother and I were in a doubles tournament, and somehow I killed myself 5 out of my 4 lives.

Now, I'm not a bad player. In fact, I've won a tournament (nothing too brag-worthy, but I'm just saying, I didn't suck at Melee)

Yet somehow I SD'd all 4 of my lives, stole one of my brother's, and IMMEDIATELY SD'd again.

Worst day of my life.

Glenugie

Smash Rookie
The 'Time for a Check-up' event. Dr Mario was down and out,Peach knocked me away, i almost grabbed the ledge, Peach jumped towards me and blew me off the screen with a turnip! :(

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
Melee tourney. My team: Marth(me) and Roy(partner).

Out of my 4 lives, I lost 3 to my partner, one to SD. We had 3 lives vs. the other team having 1 left and we lost. D:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
my friend and i played melee the other day and i tried to wavedash and i air dodged and said
"where's my jump?" as i fell and lost the match

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
doing my pkt2 at a certain distance from the edge so I just go past the edge and fall to my death

Top Bottom