• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looks Like Bananas Are Back

Hong

The Strongest
As a Villager main, going to have fun with these. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As well as banana locking in any other ways, since bananas only trip once now. Further hits don't trip.
Well that also really sucks..!

Wow all these nerfs to Diddy's playstyle are really disheartening. Just hope his ground game will be buffed up to compensate! Multi-hitting moves seem to benefit now from no Smash DI, so at the very least I think we'll be able to get more kills out of F Smash.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Falco, Snake nerfed.
(Snake so nerfed he doesn't exist anymore)
Meanwhile, Ice Climbers and Meta Knight revealed, no differences in capabilities whatsoever. Another 6 years of absolute pain, suffering, and RCO lag.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ice Climbers are gonna be terrible again... Especially with this emphasis on ground game. Luckily it has been reported that chain grabs are gone but... Those ****ing Ice Climbers break all rules when it comes to that. Olimar needed his nerfs, the little pest. Marth will probably still remain good, but damn it I want Diddy to still be viable!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They can stay gone for all I care to! And yes, it looks heavily ground based, but I think Diddy still stands a good chance with aerial combos due to his cartwheel. If it could combo into F Air, that'd be hella sexy. I have no doubt that Sakurai will adapt Diddy well to this enviorment. Also, if there's more ground game, the more chaos Diddy can wreck with his bananas I guess.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Does anyone know how bananas work on things like shield?
Did they turnip it where shielding it makes it disappear? Does it pop up above? Is it easier to jump oos to grab it?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I saw Bowser do a Banana into Grab combo people!

01.43~01.46, pay close attention! Around 01.50 you'll even hear the announcer say how good Diddy's game with them is going to be.

There's still hope for us! :4diddy:

Iaeyan Elyuex

Smash Rookie
This guy is one of my favorites in Brawl. I don't usually think to chuck peels until it's too late. I usually forget I have them.

Top Bottom