• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Extended Combos?

iDaire

Smash Cadet
NNID
iDaire
Greetings everyone. I am iDaire, a player trying to reach top 100 on Smash 4 in the competitive scene. I'd say I'm coming closer and closer to this goal every time that I log onto these forums, and I want to thank you all for that. In any case, I'm trying to figure out more Kirby combos as I already know, since anyone who mains Kirby knows that he/she is a combo-orientated character and is very good at doing combos from low percent to mid percent and is able of chaining off some more hits even at high percent. Just as a disclaimer, I am far from the best Kirby player as I don't even main Kirby. These are just some combos that I've observed while using Kirby and some combos that others have pointed out. These are the combos that we currently have:

Grab to Forward Throw:
Fair (Low to Mid)
Uair (Low to High)
Nair (Opponent DI's toward you; Low)

Grab to Back Throw:
Bair (Low)
Reverse Uair (Fastfall and Land) -> Utilt -> Uair (Low, Heavies Only)
RAR Fair (Run and Reverse; Very Quickly; Low)

Down Tilt with Trip:
All grab combos can be used if the trip is successfully done
Fsmash (Low to Mid)
Foxtrot/Dash -> Usmash (Low to Mid)

Up Tilt:
Uair (Low)
Nair (Low)
USmash (Low)
Slightly Charged DSmash (Low)
UTilt (Can be used repeatedly; Low)

Falling Auto-Cancel Up Air:
Auto canceling is when a player uses an aerial move and lands during the frames of the move when auto canceling can be done. During this time period, the player suffers normal landing lag as if they jumped and simply landed back down (Player suffers two frames worth of landing lag). In other words, when a player lands with an aerial move and receives what appears to be no landing lag.
Uair (Low to Mid)
Fair (Low to Mid)
Bair (Low to Mid)
Nair (Low to Mid)
Final Cutter (Low to High)
Usmash (Low)
Utilt (Low)
Inhale (Low)

Falling Auto-Cancel Nair:
Dtilt (Can't trip; Low)
Utilt (Low)
Ftilt (Forward Tilt can be angled higher to guarantee a hit; Low to Mid)
Fair (Low)

Combos (w Difficulty):
Grab -> Forward Throw -> Fastfall Fair -> Dtilt -> Grab -> Forward Throw -> Uair (Easy)
Grab -> Forward Throw -> Fastfall Fair -> Dtilt -> Grab -> Forward Throw -> Fair (Easy)
Grab -> Forward Throw -> Fastfall Uair -> Uair (Slightly Difficult)
Grab -> Forward Throw -> Jump & Dair (Slightly Difficult)
Grab -> Backward Throw -> Reverse Uair -> Utilt -> Uair (Only works on heavies; Difficult)
Grab -> Backward Throw -> Nair -> Utilt -> Uair (Only works on heavies; Difficult)

Utilt -> Utilt -> Utilt -> Uair (Easy)
(While opponent is next to ledge) Fair -> Fair -> Fair -> Fair (Easy)
(While opponent is next to ledge) Dtilt -> Dair (Slightly Difficult)
(While opponent is next to ledge) Fair (Kirby lands on ledge) -> Dair (Ken Combo; Difficult; DI - Dependent)

None of these combos are guaranteed and some characters evade these combos simply due to their weight, fall speed, or jump height. Some of these combos can also be countered if the opponent were to air dodge at just right moment and as such, these combos may have to be adjusted to work optimally for each character. Floaty characters like Jigglypuff easily evade almost all of these combos.

Dtilt (Failed Trip):
So, when you use Kirby's Dtilt, most times, you want to get the trip which combos into anything, but when you fail to trip the opponent, most of the times, the opponent will have the reflexes required to evade your attempt to grab or your attempt to do anything. At times like this, you must read what the opponent will do next and capitalize on the advantage. Here are some things you could do in case you whiff the trip:
  • If you think the opponent is going to spot dodge, you could Dash Attack or run and charge Usmash​
  • If you think the opponent is going to roll forward, you could Fsmash​
  • If you think the opponent is going to roll backward, you could try for a Dash Attack​
  • If you think the opponent is going to shield, Grab​
  • If you think the opponent is going to jump out of your next move, Fair or Uair​

If you have any thoughts on this list of combos or you have something that you want to see added, I'd be more than happy to add it into this list. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
b-throw b-air only works on like 3 characters after 20%, so its just low. To add on to this its also character reliant. Same with b-throw u-air.

D-tilt combos into grab so all grab combos would work.

no trip d-tilt doesn't combo into anything, its easily avoidable.

U-tilt chains can combo into b-air if they DI behind you

Yup.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Things that need to be included.

Up Tilt

Utilt -> Inhale (Low/Mid)
Weak Utilt -> Dair -> repeat?(Lowish Mid)
Utilt Chain (I also think its notable to mention delaying the Utilts to get like 8-16%[depending on fall speed/weight] more than if you mashed it)

Uair
SH AC Uair -> repeat (more uairs the faster they fall)(Low/Mid)
Rev. Uair -> Inhale (low/mid)
Rev. Uair -> Bair (any low-mid%s, can kill combo around 70%, bit lower with rage)
Rev. Uair -> Utilt (low)
FF Uair -> all aerials besides dair (Mid)

Nair
FF Nair -> Non trip Dtilt (Low)
FF Nair -> PP Utilt (Low)
FF Nair -> PP Ftilt (Mid)

Last edited:

iDaire

Smash Cadet
NNID
iDaire
Things that need to be included.

Up Tilt

Utilt -> Inhale (Low/Mid)
Weak Utilt -> Dair -> repeat?(Lowish Mid)
Utilt Chain (I also think its notable to mention delaying the Utilts to get like 8-16%[depending on fall speed/weight] more than if you mashed it)

Uair
SH AC Uair -> repeat (more uairs the faster they fall)(Low/Mid)
Rev. Uair -> Inhale (low/mid)
Rev. Uair -> Bair (any low-mid%s, can kill combo around 70%, bit lower with rage)
Rev. Uair -> Utilt (low)
FF Uair -> all aerials besides dair (Mid)

Nair
FF Nair -> Non trip Dtilt (Low)
FF Nair -> PP Utilt (Low)
FF Nair -> PP Ftilt (Mid)
Thanks. Will do.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
All of these things combo? Seems pretty sketchy to me. Especially the Bthrow stuff.

Phan7om Phan7om utilt to dair combos?
Yes but Im 99% sure you have to be frame perfect (hitting with the last hit of Utilt, and then immediately Dairing at the beginning of the full hop). Even then, it wont register as a combo in training mode, but it is inescapable because there are at least 2 frames after hitstun that the opponent cant do anything.

And yeah, everything combos except the Dtilt without trip stuff. Just no one does any of it because they love to just Dair Utilt Uair rinse and repeat.
---
Also, I was thinking of making a combo showcase video, similar to what EOE made for Peach, with Kirby's combos. If iDaire wants to do it tho, thats fine. I wont start/finish it like any time soon lol.

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yes but Im 99% sure you have to be frame perfect (hitting with the last hit of Utilt, and then immediately Dairing at the beginning of the full hop). Even then, it wont register as a combo in training mode, but it is inescapable because there are at least 2 frames after hitstun that the opponent cant do anything.

And yeah, everything combos except the Dtilt without trip stuff. Just no one does any of it because they love to just Dair Utilt Uair rinse and repeat.
---
Also, I was thinking of making a combo showcase video, similar to what EOE made for Peach, with Kirby's combos. If iDaire wants to do it tho, thats fine. I wont start/finish it like any time soon lol.
hmmm tha'ts interesting I didn't know kirby's combo routes where so varied.

iDaire

Smash Cadet
NNID
iDaire
I barely have a laptop. If one of you want to make a video, go ahead.
The only videos I have are of my tournament matches. I only used Kirby against BlueTerror though.

I've added all of the combos that people here have stated as well as some more that I've noticed (Such as Nair -> Fair). Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom