• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K, this doesn't look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
You learn something new every day, it's the truth.

And today I learned that people see Kirby as a joke.

I knew Melee Kirby < Brawl and SSB Kirby but I didn't know people considered Kirbz worse than Pichu.

I also realised the Kirby boards are dead here.

Any chance of a revival so we can make a Nintendo Staple NOT a mockery?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Be to good, invent new tactics,try new things and etc. I discover SOOO much S*** about pichu by just trying and looking behind a rock same for ice climbers today I found out you can do the hand-off on bowser with B-throw.

But his best tactics are camping by lasers or ducking and killing himself. It's advice not an insult I truly see pichu>>kirby. And pichu has a legit reason to move up due to new tactics and etc. (up-B stuff). Oh yeah I don't feel it's an amazing time to argue it pichu vs kirby PM me if you want to.

pichu's always watching

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I'm trying to see what I can do with D-Air.

I ***** a few scrubs today with it but I dunno if any of it's gonna be legit.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
wavecrouch + dtilt poke a lot, use bair fair
uair is a kill move
dont use ground hammer
kirbycides are a gimmick that wont really work

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think his tilts and dair/bair are his only good moves. Maybe you could work with his powers some more. like up-throw sheik needle regrab works I think but how well I don't know. I,m not an amazing sheik/kirby main who is everywhere at once.

new and inproved pichu now with more pain

yes I just started doing pichu Ads

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah they murdered a lot of moves at one point I thought maybe SH B it outranges marth. But in the air and when you land it it has really really bad range I think I was able to grab kirby with falcon when he was using it. maybe if people got mango to main kirby lol M2K

Hey don't give up. People gave up on pichu before they tryed and well I found stuff. But unless something happens with kirby tactics, matchups, or something. he should be lower.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kirby has no potential as a character. He is too susceptible to intelligent camping by good people to have potential.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
If what VodkaHAZE is saying is true, then that make sense as to why I don't see how bad he is.

I kinda doubt it though.

@CARZY: I made a thread on his stolen powers in Brawl and I research them. Could do the same for Melee I guess.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
PAL Kirby is probably not different from NTSC except he might be less suspectible to **** Sheik throw combos or Marth gimp spikes.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Y'know this is Kirby boards. You don't have to bring up Pichu in every post, because quite frankly, Kirby players have enough problems without worrying about Pichu's problems.

Kirby's kill moves are so awkward. I think that's a problem he shares with Ness, but Ness at least has some decent power in his bthrow and fsmash. Kirby needs to land the uair or bair or... I suppose dsmash/fsmash to kill, realistically. Problem is, at higher percentages, it's going to be hard to set up the uair/bair, as tilts will send them too far, and even at low percents, the utilt is hard to land.

And really, Kirby doesn't combo into his smashes very well at all.

I find myself facing backwards, approacing with wavedash utilts and bairs a lot.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Kirby's kill moves are so awkward. I think that's a problem he shares with Ness, but Ness at least has some decent power in his bthrow and fsmash. Kirby needs to land the uair or bair or... I suppose dsmash/fsmash to kill, realistically. Problem is, at higher percentages, it's going to be hard to set up the uair/bair, as tilts will send them too far, and even at low percents, the utilt is hard to land.
If you main Kirby, you become really good at gimping people. Killing people with Kirby is too much of a chore. I would say uair is his best kill move. Trust me, on a spacey, utilt to uair is easy to do to kill, once you got the utilt....

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
By "kill move" I meant higher knockback move that could kill/set up edgeguards.

And yeah, utilt to uair/bair is easy, but the problem is landing the utilt. Not that easy.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Dair is a somewhat underrated KO setup. You can combo it to U-smash or F-smash at high percents. It's kind of awkward to use, but it makes him slightly less transparent and that's kind of nice. Not spammable at all, though.

Comboing the weak hits of Fair --> Uair on floaties when they're airborne is awesome but defeated by intelligence and DI. Still, nobody expects Kirby to have anything worth noting so it might work once in a blue moon.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Fair to uair. Hm. I'll remember that.

That's personally my biggest problem. Kirby's fair feels awkward to me, his nair is awful and his dash attack is awful too. So I find myself approaching with the dair a lot, which doesn't have much horizontal range and gets punished, more often than not.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dair is usually a horrible approach.

Bair, D/U-tilt, and Fair are all much better. Hell, airborne Swallow is probably better than Dair approach.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Fair feels so counterable though, whether by crouch cancel or by shield grab. Plus I have a hard time getting it to combo into anything.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fair can be spaced outside most grab ranges. He also has duck and the extra hit to make it hard to shield-grab for most characters.

Crouch cancel ***** it.

It sometimes can combo into D-tilt, grab, F-tilt, and even U-tilt if you've got sufficient awesome. But for it not usually having a follow, well, that's normal. Kirby doesn't really combo.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Hmmm.

Does the dtilt elevate you enough for you to get grabbed? Assuming the character can't grab a crouching Kirby.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't think any characters gain the ability to grab Kirby if they couldn't. And D-tilt's push-away knockback can keep people out of range of being able to do it.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I literally refuse to argue this. If anyone is really ******** enough to think Pichu is better than anyone then let them. They are obviously deluded and you will never for any reason be able to convince them otherwise.

Also, Chu's Kirby is hella legit. Joe knows what's up.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well if someone refuse to believe anything esle then why waste your time telling them. killing self or hurting self is the arguement.

really I have logical on this if there is a reason WHY kirby is better tell me in truth I can't see it everything but tilts, bair and dair ,wieght, duck is worse than pichu in basicaclly everyway.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Its not the number of things that pichu or kirby have over eachother that is important, its how significant each one is that matters. For example, its like saying all that marth has over pichu is range, whilst pichu has a better recovery, better shield etc. etc. But the range marth has is so significant that it propels him over pichu. you listed a number of things that kirby has over pichu but do you, for example, know just how significant kirby's crouch is?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
so puting all what's better together we get tilt/duck camping and bair spacing and a once in a while dair. Isn't dash danceing camping better most of the time? plus the fact if can follow up is very useful? The marth reasoning is terrble because marth's fair,f-smash,b,side-B,wieght,range,edge gaurd, wave dash, DD grabs,tilts,upair,bair are all WAAAAAAAAAAYYY better pichu has a few small things better than marth like what you said.

I was trying to make a point that kirby only has a few decent moves/movements. pichu has no useless moves or uber rare use moves other than the ones that can't be spamed that do trip people up sometimes like side-B or jab. but who knows maybe just retarted as H*** and have no clue what I,m saying. Unless I,m right please tell me how or why I,m wrong I wish to improve my veiws on this

Tamoo

Smash Master
All of marths moves are useful because of range, which is why i used that example, because without range, he may be as bad as pichu but that range is so significant that it propels him upwards in the tierlist. That is why im saying you have to consider the significance of each advantage rather than how many there are.

Also, duck isn't just used for camping which shows how much you know about kirby, and how uninformed your decision to hold pichu on such a high pedastal is. The fact that you can use all of your moveset is totally irrelevant. I can think of quite a few useless moves for jiggs, sing, rollout, dair but that doesn't detract from her overall ability.

The fact that you have deemed kirby's uair, hammer and smashes useless also speaks quite a lot as they are very useful in his gameplay.

Kirby deals with higher tier matchups better. The only chars in the top 10 chars or so i would rather use pichu is fox, falcon and jiggs. All the rest i would give kirby a better chance.

Tamoo

Smash Master
he does? Thats news to me, i just knew ive always had a **** time when using kirby against falcon lol, fuzzy never 0-deaths pichus :(
Without him doing things, how will the UK ever learn???

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
what? I don't believe his smashes and upair are useless( just not easy to slip in). pichu vs falcon isn't that bad I don't know how good or bad that it is for kirby so I won't argue that. yeah kirby would be better vs falco.

falcon chain throw vs pichu isn't to hard to get out of. really pichu will grab **** him much harder. d-throw tech chase then up-throw.

all I,ve heard for kirby being better is what I have stated and you have said I don't know what i,m talking about ??? and better match-ups. tell you what lets argee on things. a basic list of pros and cons for both we most need to hear about unimportant things like 2 frame landing lag or best pummel in the game or anything like that. if I make a legit mistake or forget something correct me. I want to fully understand WHY. I haven't heard anything but what i,ve said is good for kirby

Pichu
Pro:
fast

really good movement (DDing, WD, up-B) helps approach with the speed factor to overcome the range problem like falcon DDing to knee works with bad range.

has combos or follow ups

really hard to punish recovery up-B, B, side-B, wall jump, fair beats knees and most likly other things.
great grab game- 2 chain throws, 1 tech chase, and a launcher. has many set-ups, (running FH)B, upair, uptilt, nair, fair, grab

hard to hit, pretty good duck and goes lower when moving, good spot dodge and roll, sheilds.

good juggle and anti juggle(down-B or up-B to juggle them back)

great kill power with good edge gaurd

no bad stages

projectiles

Cons:
self pain(you don't have to use the moves but if you do land it)

super light

worse range overall

high hit stun= easy to chain throw/combo if you can land it.

Kirby
Pros:
tilts

long recovery

good edge gaurd(I don't know how good but it should be better than pichu's)

duck

SD tactics

d-throw-tech chase

Cons:
lacks useful moves

slower

pretty easy to gimp

light

a lot of hit stun=combos

poor approach

SD tactics are escapeable

lacks combos/ follow ups/ kill set ups

If I missed ANYTHING from one side please tell me why I know just this and super details that don't win matchs. from this data I see pichu as being better by a fair amount

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
when no one listens keep talking because they are trying to blow you off. no i didn't say that what are you delexic as H***? You have insprided me to keep talking (pink floyd song).

Now I truely have a point to make I should write a 3 page summary of why pichu>kirby.

UNDERSTAND something here I seek knowedge tell me my flaws to fix and perfect explain to me WHY i am wrong I WILL listen if you have a legit reason. Otherwise I am a machine I NEVER stop. I can be wrong and i know when I am and I stop unless something pops up or something. truth is I want to know why I am sooooo wrong.

if you want me to look like a D*** A** for saying pichu>kirby make me look uber stupid. otherwise pichu>>kirby Oh if your going to pull that range crap on me roy vs marth. roys moves aren't as GOOOD marths ARE betttter plus the speed. I always trip but never fall really I trip like 5 or 6 times a day

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I just have better things to do than sifting through your randomly tangental, often fallacy-laden posts.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
In his previous post he just stated his beliefs as to why Kirby is worse than Pichu.

And in his latest post he wants to know if you object, and if so, why?

He goes off topic sometimes, but his point is there...somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom