• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Moveset Discussion

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Rest isn't really good against heavys....

:phone:
Nope, its not. They just never die from the move lol. So even if you hit with it you're still going to be punished for it, and if you miss it'll be an even bigger punishment. So against heavies its not the ideal move.

On the other hand, its wonderful against light weights and it makes it harder for people to counterpick you since Jigglypuff's bad stages would be levels that have short ceilings. With shorter ceilings means a quicker rest.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Exactly, that's why I gave 2 different ratings. A 5 or 6 /10 against heavys and a 9/10 against light *****es :3

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I actually think heavies are weaker to rest like DK. He is so large it's impossible to miss and you can use it whenever it kills. It still kills earlier than fair.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Bowser cries against Rest. You can float around him just outside his range waiting for an opportunity to land it, and you'll have no trouble getting his damage up.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Bowser cries against Rest. You can float around him just outside his range waiting for an opportunity to land it, and you'll have no trouble getting his damage up.
Too bad all Bowser has to do is get jiggs to 50% and then grab release into u air in order to kill her.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
If you can rack a dk up till 90% u can rack him up to 110% also. What I mean is, is that the risk bigger is then the reward your actually receiving... If you're on your last stock at 35% and dk/DDD/bowse is at like 100 and you MISS your rest, its an instant stock lost which is...welll..uhhh..not so good :(

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If you can rack a dk up till 90% u can rack him up to 110% also. What I mean is, is that the risk bigger is then the reward your actually receiving... If you're on your last stock at 35% and dk/DDD/bowse is at like 100 and you MISS your rest, its an instant stock lost which is...welll..uhhh..not so good :(

I rested a DDD at 100% fresh and he survived lol. They just don't plain die if they have proper DI.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey guys.

So i went to a tourney this week, and took a game off Big Lou, the Diddy player.
Rested twice and gimp 3rd stock.

Rest is pretty good.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Hey guys.

So i went to a tourney this week, and took a game off Big Lou, the Diddy player.
Rested twice and gimp 3rd stock.

Rest is pretty good.
what are you talking about? Rest is a ****ty move when I use it Jigglypuff just falls asleep for 4 seconds and I can't move her at all, it dosen't even heal her either. Like what is it supposed to do srsly.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I heard it's used for dodging moves since it's faster than a spotdodge. Kinda like how PTs downB is used for.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
I find a good time to rest is when falco tries to set up his down throw into spike. It's worked for me twice in a row. But then it was a peach main using the falco.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
If someone could get a vid up, where he/she is resting a nado, he/she will get a special gift and 500 dollars from dapuffster.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Is SH Dair a good move on shield (as in safe).
Not entirely related to rest but...

Yeah that can be good for mindgames. What I've done a few times is SH Dair a shield, they shield the hits, and then the instant they drop their shield, Rest. :troll: Their options are severely limited. Sometimes I poke around with drill because in some instances it can be hard to punish, but air speed is not that fast so you have to be careful trying to weave.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Not entirely related to rest but...

Yeah that can be good for mindgames. What I've done a few times is SH Dair a shield, they shield the hits, and then the instant they drop their shield, Rest. :troll: Their options are severely limited. Sometimes I poke around with drill because in some instances it can be hard to punish, but air speed is not that fast so you have to be careful trying to weave.
That's why drillrest ***** ppl who don't know the MU. They always do that or shield. If they shield, I grab, if not I rest.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I much prefer GR to Sing.

The fact it doesn't do anything is besides the point.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well I've never played a good one, but it works on lvl 9s.:awesome:

Well the thing is, is that it has to be a grab release into the air for it to work. And since Wario's feet are touching the ground he isn't forced into an arieal grab release. The only way for grab release rest to work is if he pushes the jump button to escape, if he doesn't push the jump button it will be a ground grab release and it won't work, meaning its 100% under his control if its not on the edge of a platform where you'd most likely die from falling after using rest.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Well the thing is, is that it has to be a grab release into the air for it to work. And since Wario's feet are touching the ground he isn't forced into an arieal grab release. The only way for grab release rest to work is if he pushes the jump button to escape, if he doesn't push the jump button it will be a ground grab release and it won't work, meaning its 100% under his control if its not on the edge of a platform where you'd most likely die from falling after using rest.
Alright. But if anyone has ever seen reflex mash out of a grab... we have a good chance of it happening. LOL.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Yeah. He shifts his hand and mashes all the buttons at once by basically vibrating his hand. I do something close. I use my index-finger and roll up and down.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Top Bottom