• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to Hatch a Healthy Yoshi: A Group Project - Who wants it?

Yikarur

Smash Master
who cares, we have a free charged upsmash out of CG (because everyone buffers spotdodge xD)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Falcos should really jab more during a chain-grab. It comes out in the same frame as their spot-dodge and prevents them from getting up-smashed. If Yoshi doesn't buffer correctly he might even hit Yoshi out of his dash-grab, too.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Falcos should really jab more during a chain-grab. It comes out in the same frame as their spot-dodge and prevents them from getting up-smashed. If Yoshi doesn't buffer correctly he might even hit Yoshi out of his dash-grab, too.

following along that last vein of thought, falcos should jab more out of GR. :troll:
LOL, Old ideas are hella old.

Edit: Z'z, that's exactly what Judo posted for us to do like 2 months ago... >_____>;

Sharky

Smash Master
celes I'm pretty sure clanking with falco is generally advantageous to him cause he has a faster jab. =/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I didnt mean jab clanking, just doing so in general.

Come to think of it, which of Falco's moves do clank with egg roll?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Full Speed Fresh Egg Roll does 12% so everything that does below 21% will clank. Everything that does below 3% will get beaten.

Caution: Fresh!

Sharky

Smash Master
why are we still talking about clanking with falco? his jab is faster than ours so he would have the advantage after clank. =/

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Actually. Instead of Grabbing to fsmash or w/e it was we were talking about for like a year, Can't we just Jab to Fsmash? Jab Picks Characters up slightly and drops em down. I know we have a few guarenteed Jab Mixups at High %'s but where does this fit in? (Idea from Bowser Boards.)

Sharky

Smash Master
correct me if I'm wrong scatz =P but I'm pretty sure f-smash only connects on certain characters, and only at super high %s like 180+ or something, off of sweetspot jabs. Either that or they can still jump out, unsure.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think Falco falls too fast for an f-smash to connect. Heck, a jab -> down-B would only barely work on him at higher percents.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh, sorry. We went off such a huge tangent that I forgot what the original topic was about. =P

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh, by the way, remember that ROB write up I was doing? Yeah, well that thing has been done for a couple days now, I just need to get on my comp to post it, as it's on my flashdrive and I didn't have Internet to post it when I finished it. So, yeah, expect that the moment I get on my computer... Whenever that is...

Choice

Smash Champion
if you hit falco out of side b, fsmash will dehfinitely hit caz of landing penalty. you can even charge it a little.

PointofView

Smash Rookie
Egg Toss

I seem to be having trouble with Yoshi's up-b egg toss like where I should places my control stick. Any guides on that?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Press up on your control stick and immediatly press B.
If you press forward right as the egg leaves your hands, it will go farther.
Press up right as it leaves your hands and it will go higher.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I seem to be having trouble with Yoshi's up-b egg toss like where I should places my control stick. Any guides on that?

the egg flies faster and farther the longer you hold the B button.
the controlstick controls the angle with holding up is 45° and behind is 90° up and the angle is veeeery flexible. you get a better control with more experience, just play Yoshi a lot =D

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, with practice you'll be able to hit basically anything Smashville-length and closer at a 90-degree angle (more like 100-degrees if you are throwing eggs off-stage). Yoshi's projectile is extremely flexible and can give opponents some problems if you throw them right.

Top Bottom