• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Gonna upload the next day tomorrow but watch this space as I'll be putting my character nomination here on second thought it's getting its own post

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Buzz Lightyear
The Toy Story movies are popular and well-received, and with a fifth movie on the way, he would be perfect to promote that movie.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: DLC Guest Character
FREDDY FUNKO
Franchise: Funko POP!

Alright, I feel Freddy didn't get a fair shake last time since we was going up against He-Man and the Gundam, two absolute behemoths, so he lost out of course. But, with Season 3 now underway I think we definitely have room for him.

And on that note... I don't have to explain what Funko is. We all know what it is, and its a huge face of the collecting market; Every store you turn to that deals with anything in pop culture has a Funko Pop on the shelf, for any franchise possible. It is everywhere, and in a game full of collectibles, we may as well add in one of the biggest collectible series on the planet. Which of course brings me to the mascot, Freddy Funko, a character who has been submitted since the first Guest Job and should probably get in sooner rather than later with that repertoire.
Not to mention, as far as crossovers go, Funko has collaborated with Hasbro and Mattel on numerous occasion, with almost 80% of our current playable roster having their own Funko. That's a huge reach this company has and shows that the collaboration certainly fits the glove.

Given that Freddy's gimmick is dressing up as other Pop Culture characters that Funko has the rights too, I'm entertaining the idea of Freddy having a Kirby styled moveset where he uses attacks from every playable character on the roster depending on who he's fighting, being able to dress up as them (or atleast take a design trait); Alternatively a Game & Watch esque moveset where his moves are all references to his various figures would work too.
---​
Buzz Lightyear
The Toy Story movies are popular and well-received, and with a fifth movie on the way, he would be perfect to promote that movie.
Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP already submitted Buzz; Either you or him will have to change the submission

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 110
110 Days of HGNF! We're making huge numbers y'all!
Alright, we actually have quite a lot to go over, so I'll make this snappy.

First off, the first stage of Season 3 is none other than...
The Game of Life, submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye ! I've said it before but this stage never making it in beforehand boggles my mind. Now I know what y'all felt with Risk.
Game of Life: 6
Action Base: 4
Hangman: 3
Menzoberranzan: 2
NEW VOTES
So this time we have both a character and stage vote to go over! Luckily the stage vote is a mere 2 stages, so let's strawpoll that and move on!
Alright, this guest round is a total battle of the all-stars as we have quite a number of iconic characters to sift through. Going down the list...
Go ahead and rank your top 3, and your own nominee cannot be in first! The character with the most points by the end will be included!
NEW JOB
Job: What Collectibles would come with the Collector's Edition?
I did mention a CE would be on the cards for this season, and, well, no better time than now! While we work out which characters are included, go ahead and pitch ideas for what would come packaged with this special release of the game!

1. Freddy Funko
  2. The TMNT
  3. Luke Skywalker
Job: Collector's Edition

At this stage in the game's lifecycle, I would go semi-extravagant with the gifts:
  1. A golden statuette of Pinkie Pie.
  2. A bonus disc containing episodes of Friendship Is Magic, G1 Transformers, and Family Game Night.
  3. A discount for any Hasbro board game.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. TMNT
2. Lion-O
3. Freddy

Collectors edition would come with a steel book, a digital CD of the game's soundtrack, a statue depicting Twlight Sparkle, Prime, Snake Eyes and the Green Ranger, and an art book.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. TMNT
2. Lion-O
3. Freddy Funko

All fun choices for sure but I want the Saturday Morning cartoon reunion to happen in a way.

Collector’s Edition Ideas:

I want to make this a VIP style package so….

Collector’s Edition Contents:
  • A poster with all the fighters as well as another poster with the assists as board game pieces and items.
  • A steelbook based on 80s VHS tape covers giving off the 80s cartoon vibes
  • An art book featuring concept art of everything
  • A book consisting the history of Hasbro and other toy brands represented in the game
  • A statue of one of the Hasbro fighters in the game (ranges from Optimus Prime, Pinkie Pie, Snake Eyes, Tommy Oliver or Mr. Potato Head)
  • A digital CD of the game’s soundtrack
  • A bonus disc consisting of various episodes from shows with Hasbro’s IPs and a featurette about the history of Hasbro
  • A discount on any Hasbro product
  • A mini Hasbro Game Night Fight board game hinting at Hasbro making a board game product based on Game Night Fight!
    Basically, this is the ULTIMATE package that is Hasbro Pulse exclusive.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. TMNT
2. Lion-O
3. Freddy Funko

Trading cards for the playable fighters and assists
Replicas of items
Dioramas of the stages
Lego Optimus Prime and Peppa Pig

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 111
Honestly, was a vote count even necessary this time around? One quick glance at the results and a certain group of characters won the poll in a massive landslide victory, with nobody else even coming close!
With a whopping 17 points, it's of course the weird frog guys from Fortnite!!
Haha just kidding. It's the TMNT (all 4 of them), nominated by TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER !
Given that these guys are huge 80's icons in the same vein as many other series in this roster, and have already crossover over with several of them, it's no wonder they'd make the cut.
TMNT: 17
Lion-O: 9
Freddy Funko: 6
Buzz Lightyear: 2
Luke Skywalker: 1
Little People: 1
Chase Suno: 0
I wonder what this means for other future guests going forward...

Oh, and congratulations to darkvortex darkvortex as the Microverse will be our resident Micronauts stage!

I'm not quite sure how to proceed with the Collector's Edition results, so I'm going to give myself 1 more day to look at all the options and decide from there. In the mean time, let's move right into new jobs!
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate a Hasbro Character!
Continuing on to fill out the remainder of our roster, go ahead and submit 1 single Hasbro character that has not yet been included as a fighter! At this point in the game, you all know the rules.

Resubmitting Duke (G.I. Joe)
Time to put my money where my mouth is.

Duke (G.I. Joe)

First things first. HOW THE HECK IS HE NOT ALREADY PLAYABLE?

Now that I gave into my primal screaming, let's talk about Duke from the G.I. Joe series.

IT'S DUKE. FROM G.I. JOE. Do I need to explain myself? Shall I draw a diagram? If Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, and Scarlett can be in this game, so should he!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
2nd Hasbro character: Zoe Trent (Littlest Pet Shop)

View attachment 383097

Really that i submitted Zoe various times that i don't remember more the counts and she wasn't won?

Zoe Trent is a character from Littlest Pet Shop,blah blah blah blah and we don't have a playable character from Littlest Pet Shop.
i will resubmit Zoe Trent again

darkvortex

Smash Lord
400px-BFTG_GIA_Profile.png

Gia Moran
Megaforce Yellow. One of one of the five teenagers chosen by Gosei to save the world from the Warstar Aliens and Scaraba. I think Power Rangers is overdue another rep and I think it would be good to get some characters from the later shows. We could also use more female characters. Gia is a talented martial artists. She can use her blaster and a sword. She's popular and was heavily delayed in Battle for the Grid.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Leoric (Visionaries)

Alright, well, as promised, it's time I show off a pick from a Hasbro IP that has been very overlooked in this case and very obscure. To complete the collection of 80s Hasbro IPs and the IDW Hasbroverse....

Leoric (Visionaries: Knights of The Magical Light)

View attachment 382762

The leader of the Spectral Knights himself, Leoric is here to join the Game Night Fight! Visionaries: Knights of The Magical Light was a series that ran for only one year being 1987. There was a toyline of action figures and vehicles but...the future releases planned for 1988 got canned quickly. However, Visionaries has also got a crossover comic miniseries with the Transformers themselves for five issues in 2018. So yeah...it's understandable why this Hasbro IP is very obscure and unknown to most.

Now, about Leoric, he is the leader of the Spectral Knights that hails from the futuristic society of Prysmos where all citizens are forced to rely on ancient magic to survive as all known technology has shut down for good. The Visionaries are knights who are split into two different factions: the heroic Spectral Knights and the evil Darkling Lords. If one wishes to be a Visionary, they must partake in a competition put forth by the wizard Merklynn which tests your survival, you are rewarded an unique animal totem affixed to your chestplace. Leoric's animal is a lion.

I feel Leoric should join Hasbro: Game Night Fight as I do feel Visionaries deserves more exposure despite the live-action movie being in VERY development hell alongside him having a super cool gameplay style that will feel VERY DLC-esque. Visionaries is one of the last Hasbro IPs needed to complete the whole IDW universe if I remember correctly so there's that too for completion-ish sake. Therefore, the leader himself is the one to choose.

Leoric would be a bit of a zoner with some rushdown capabilities with his staff for quick animal-themed attacks. He would also be a middle weight towards the heavier side. He will have a Monado-Arts-esque gimmick with the various Spectral Knights where he is able to call one to his aid that grants him something. For example, Galadria can be called to heal him, Feryl can summon fire attacks, Cryotek can summon a bear that offers massive knockback to foes, etc. However, magic comes at a cost and each Visionary will need time to recharge.

Overall, an obscure pick that can be relatively fun here.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Twilight Moveset
Attack NameDescription
Magic Beam (Forward)​
Twilight Sparkle fires a short beam of energy from her horn.
medium (2).png
Book Float (Up)​
Twilight Sparkle makes a book float and slings it upwards at her foe.
Twilight_floating_books_S1E01.png.38204f5dac2a7355a4a69bddf2b97735.png
Unicorn Kick (Down)​
Twilight Sparkle kicks the ground in front of herself.

Special Move NameDescription
Magic Spark (Neutral)​
Twilight Sparkle crouches downwards and creates a spark in front of her. a pretty standard projectile that flies straightforward.
img-1818408-2-Twilight_confidently_using_her_magic_S2E24.png
Magic Teleport
(Up)​
Twilight vanishes, then reappears somewhere else nearby, depending on directional input from the player. She cannot attack or be attacked while using this move.
f89bb56d552a4ea1c627604bebb13950537f613b_hq.gif
Magic Shield (Side)​
Twilight Sparkle conjures a shield in front of Twilight. This shield will only last for three seconds. If anyone physically attacks this shield, the shield will react and release small sparks of energy. Projectiles will bounce off the shield​
Chapter Trap (Down)​
Twilight drops a flaming book page in front of her, which will stay on the ground and explode if touched. Tilt the control stick to determine how far the book page will start, with holding forward increasing height, while holding downward increasing distance. Based on a move form Fighting is Magic.​
1.JPG
Super Move NameDescription
Level 1 - Magic Blast​
Twilight Sparkle charges up and shoots a large beam of energy from her horn that covers the screen like an anime attack.
medium.jpg
Level 2 - Alicorn Magic​
Twilight grows a pair of Pegasus wings, her golden tiara, and an aura of invincibility. She flies around the stage letting out magic. When the Final Smash ends, she'll release a strong burst of magic and sends anyone close to it flying back.
ten-years-later-what-do-think-of-twilight-sparkles-alicorn-v0-uzy7trij10ja1.png

Pinkie Moveset
Attack NameDescription
Party Pony (Forward)​
Pinkie bounces on the spot, dealing damage to anyone her body hits.
61f806cd24c29e8208f1d2c9ca252ac1.gif
Book Float (Up)​
Twilight Sparkle makes a book float and slings it upwards at her foe.
14154__safe_pinkie+pie_animated_cute_apple+bloom_diapinkes_adorabloom_a+friend+in+deed_jump+rope.gif
Pinkie Spin (Down)​
Pinkie spins around and creates a tornado that spins her opponent around.

521864__safe_pinkie+pie_applejack_animated_big+macintosh_hub+logo_granny+smith_hubble_hub_pink...gif
Rubber Chicken (Neutral)​
Pinkie swings her rubber chicken around In her mouth. Hold down B to swing four times, let go to send it flying across the stage; can bounce twice.
1c14b7bcf1be75b0d6a5e9101a4a52a6.png
Party Cannon (Up)​
Pinkie jumps into a cannon that shoots straight upwards, the attack can be charged for extra height.
Pinkie_Pie_ready_to_fire_her_party_cannon_S2E9.png
Cartwheel (Side)​
Pinkiepie does a cartwheel and spins around the stage. Can be charged for more speed and power​
tumblr_ly7qdhzmy31r0cmcko1_400.gif
Cake Throw (Down)​
Pinkiepie throws a cake. Can be charged. Witg default being a cupcake and the full charge being a full cake. if used on ground, they fly forward until eventually falling, if used mid-air, they fly at a down-right angle.​
full.gif
(Up)[/CENTER][/TD]

Level 1 - Pinkiepie Party​
A massive party is thrown. Streamers burst across the stage and party canons explode.
tumblr_mdhaz5FEZf1rthxy9o1_500.gif
Level 2 - Mirror Pool​
Mirror Pool appears next to Pinkie, and she enters it; many versions of her then emerge and either run or jump in a random direction for ten seconds. Touching any of them damages opponents.
full (1).gif

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 112
Again I am in class so I will make this quick. Again.
NEW VOTE
We have 5 characters to pick from, but only one will be included as the next HGNF character!
Go ahead and rank your top 3, your own nominee cannot be in first! Remember, we still have several more chances for characters after this!

Also... I've taken a look at all the CE ideas, and we're gonna start single-ing out the ideas til we have a complete package!
Almost all the CE ideas included some form of statuette, so, going off of that...
After we figure out the statues, we'll also run through all the other ideas and decide which ones will be best to include via vote.
NEW JOB
Job: Nominate a TMNT Stage!
Self-explanatory. This is a huge franchise so we got quite a lot of iconic options!

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Jason Moveset
[/SPOILER][/U]
Attack NameDescription
Blaster Fire (Forward)​
Jason fires from his blaster.
263px-BFTG_RED_j.S.png
Power Sword Slash (Up)​
Jason slashes his sword up and then down.
263px-BFTG_RED_5LL.png

263px-BFTG_RED_5LLLL (1).png
Ranger Sweep (Down)​
Jason gets down and does a feet sweep.
263px-BFTG_RED_2L.png

263px-BFTG_RED_2M.png

Tyranno Slash (Neutral)​
Jason slashes with his sword, creating a trial of fire that will damage foes. Is done in the direction the player is holding
263px-BFTG_RED_2H (1).png
Drill kick
(Up)​
Jason will flip into the air and spin as he descends dealing a drill kick to anyone he touches dealing damage
og-image.jpg
Titanus Counter (Side)​
Jason counters with the Power Sword and then stabs his blade forward, fittingly at anyone who tries to attack. A classic FE style counter.​
263px-BFTG_RED_5S.png

263px-BFTG_RED_5S_(2).png
Triple Slice (Down)​
Jason dashes across across the stage three times with fire running from him as he slashes with his power sword.​
263px-BFTG_RED_6S.png

263px-BFTG_RED_6SS.png

263px-BFTG_RED_6SSS.png
Level 1 - Tyranno Charge​
Jason charges forward, enveloped in a Tyrannosaurus aura.
263px-BFTG_RED_Super.png

263px-BFTG_RED_Super_(2).png
Level 2 - Megazord​
Jason calls on the other Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and poses with them as they jump into their zords and form the Megazord, which then does a massive sword slash that travels across the screen.
tenor.gif

60b8059ef26dcf98b67c4c3fa4b0cf45.gif

power-rangers-megazord.gif

I have at least one more in the can after this but I would like to see others try their hands at movesets.

1. Duke (long overdue)
2. Gia (in a PR mood)
3. Zoe (I admire the submitters dedication)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Scrabble Tile
2. Leoric
3. Duke

TMNT Stage

Sewer Lair

IMG_2020.jpeg

I thought we should go more for a more toy-themed stage based on the TMNT toys to fit Game Night Fight! better but still, it’s a stage with walkoffs just like the playset from 1989 and there is ooze that comes on the stage as hazards. It’s like the stage darkvortex proposed but it’s more…toy-ish and there are even pipes that you can go through but sometimes, they will have ooze. Various TMNT characters cameo as well as the villains will crash the party. Occasionally, Shredder will come in and give some MAJOR damage if you are in his way. An overall fun, simple stage for our guest characters.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Rita Moveset
Attack NameDescription
Dark Magic Blast (Forward)​
Rita fires out a blast of dark magic. You can hold it down to make it bigger.
263px-BFTG_RTA_5L.png

263px-BFTG_RTA_5LL.png
Dark Lightning
(Up)​
Rita creates a slash of dark magic in front of her that shocks foes.
263px-BFTG_RTA_5H.png
Dark Magic Burst (Down)​
Rita creates a small pool of magic in front of her that can capture foes.

263px-BFTG_RTA_2M.png
Dark Orc (Neutral)​
Rita sends out an orb that returns to her. Only active when it reaches it's initial destination and starts returning to rita. You can alter the trajectory/distance of the orb by holding a direction .
263px-BFTG_RTA_5Sb.png

263px-BFTG_RTA_5S4.png

263px-BFTG_RTA_5S6.png
Dark Magic Float
(Up)​
Rita can float in the air for a short time.
263px-BFTG_RTA_fly.png
Chaos Portal (Side)​
Rita activates a chaos portal which deflects projectiles - from there she can press it again to summon a pillar of magic at different points in the screen​
263px-BFTG_RTA_4S6.png

263px-BFTG_RTA_4S4.png
Putty Summon (Down)​
Rita sends out a putty to attack the opponent - holding down the button will give you a different variation on the putty.​
263px-BFTG_RTA_6S.png

263px-BFTG_RTA_6Sb.png
Level 1 - Rapulsa Blast​
Rita crackles and summons Putties to drag down her opponent as she fired purple lighting down on them .
263px-BFTG_RTA_Super.png
Level 2 - Make my Monster Grow!​
Rita Simmons Goldar and fires her staff at him, turning him huge as he stomps on the other fighters..

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
mgajhutab0s61.jpg

New York City Rooftops
Players fight on top of roof tops in New York. There's the channel 5 building and a pizza place and a regular building. You can travel from roof to roof. It's like fourside. There's a channel 5 helicopter you can jump on. Shredder, April, Hand Soioders and Casey make cameos

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 113
Finally, we're back! Sorry about that long gap, but today and tomorrow should have back-to-back updates this time. Now, for Day 113, we actually have a new character to introduce!

I've counted up all the votes, and 1 character seems to have outpaced the others! Make way for a Real American Hero, as it's non other than:
Duke, the fearless leader of G.I. Joe himself, who is now finally joining his allies Snake Eyes and Scarlett in the fight against Cobra Commander and HGNF's other various villains! Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye !
I've gotta say, the recent Duke comics from Image (see above) have kinda gotten the character to grow on me, so I'm fairly excited for this outcome!
Duke: 13
Zoe Trent: 8
Leoric: 8
Gia Moran: 4
Scrabble Tile: 3
As you can see, Zoe and Leoric tied for second place, and Gia got pummeled in the votes. Could this be a sign for future Hasbro characters to join?

Alright moving on!
NEW VOTES
Aw, man, this recent job reminded me, I gotta hop back onto Fortnite and finish up that TMNT Mini-Pass. But anywho, the TMNT in HGNF have sure got people excited as we got 4 different stage submissions for them!
Go ahead and rank your Top 2, and your own idea can't be in first! Personally I'm a fan of all of these stage ideas, especially with the toy-based focus, so I'm excited to see what y'all would pick!
Man, between this, Fortnite, Nick All-Stars, Street Fighter, and DC vs. Marvel, these guys sure catch a lot of crossover love, huh?

Also, quick PSA.
This poll here:
Was meant to be attached to Day 112. Mistakenly, I included a link to a random character submission. Nobody, nobody, told me, and I only just found out, and it is embarrassing for me :c. With that said, go ahead and place a vote for how many statues we'll include because I was, and am, planning a Statue job.
NEW JOB
Originally I was going to have different jobs but I'm gonna switch up the order while we got that poll sorted out,

Job: Nominate a Guest Character!
Whoo, we're burning through these fast, huh? Go ahead and submit another guest character, and we'll all put a vote on them the next day! I may participate in this one, I'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:
  1. Sewer Lair
  2. NYC Rooftops
I wanted to restrict the confusion with NASB for my Ninja Turtles ranking.

Job: Nominate a Guest
Good thing Spin Master is already credited, as it allows me to put one of the IPs in the running. Without further adieu...

Ryder (PAW Patrol)
Ryder and Marshall | Fandom

The way I imagine Ryder fight is somewhat like a mix between Pokemon Trainer from Smash and Peacock from Skullgirls. By which I mean, he would command all the dogs from his squad (and one cat) to fight alongside him.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Menzoberranzan
2. Hangman

Guest Character: Lion-O (Thundercats)

View attachment 384354

"Thunder, Thunder!, THUNDERCATS!, ROOOOAAAAAAAAR!"

Lion-O is the protagonist from the toyline Thundercats, he is a male thunderian who is a leader of a team called Thundercats and hereditary as "Lord of The Thundercats"

Thundercats is an iconic toyline who becames more popular by the cartoon,and while we have Optimus Prime, He-Man and Snake Eyes, we can add one more iconic cartoon hero

View attachment 384356
(Art made by Ilcorish on Deviantart)
I'll resubmit Lion-O

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Mutant Party Tour
2. Sewer Lair

I suppose it's time to change up my Guest Character submission a bit for something more random/fun....

Tip (Crayola)

ezgif-2-ba49fb77d6.jpg

Ever since 1885 (even then...it was not named Crayola until 1903), Crayola has been the go-to art supply company. With the brand being best known for crayons as well as for its other art supplies and even Silly Putty, it would be fun to represent a different type of toy in Hasbro Game Night Fight!, Art Supplies! What better fighter to represent Crayola than the mascot Tip himself! Why should Crayola get some content in the Game Night Fight? Simply put it, the company is iconic and there's lots of fun content here. Plus, Crayola has made licensed products for Hasbro before such as coloring books. I can envision Tip being a lightweight fighter (around Pichu's weight) and he would have a status gimmick that would allow him to change colors randomly which inflict different statuses on the fighters such as burning them, poisoning them, etc. Alternatively, we could come up with a straightforward creativity/art-themed moveset with a drawing/coloring gimmick. With this, we could have a new company on board with tons of fun possibilities for assists, items and stages!

ezgif-2-302d8164c5.jpg

For example, a licensed Hasbro Gaming coloring book from Crayola. There's crossover history! Wouldn't it be cool if we got a Hasbro Game Night Fight! coloring book and limited edition crayons/art supplies based on the fighters in the game as tie-in promotions if we got Tip in? That could make a fun side job!

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  1. Sewer Lair
  2. Mutant Party Tour

x_btn66042-8.jpg

Ryu
The fighter of streets himself! Ryu is famously no stranger to crossovers, with appearances in multiple other games, from Fortnite to Smash Brothers. You may be wondering what Ryu and Street fighter have to do with Hasbro. There are actually multiple cases of crossover between Street Fighter and franchises in our game. From Street Fighter MTG sets to SF branded Transfomers. Hasbro even made a Ryu figure alongside Mega Man as part of their Marvel legends line.

s-l1200.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

91QRA0pM+EL.jpg

These are not the only crossovers. There are two properties in particular that have crossover history with Street Fighter. First is Power Rangers, which featured a Street Fighter crossover event, which then led to Power Ranger versions of Ryu and Chun-Li appearing in Batttle for the Grid.The Crimson Hawk Ranger is even roumored to be coming to Fortnite later this year. Crimson Hawk would likely appear as a cosut!e in this game too
power-rangers-street-fighter-showdown_feature.png

maxresdefault.jpg

The other propriety is GI Joe. There was a GI Joe\Street Fighter crossover comic a few years ago. But that is not the only tie these two series share . In the 90s there where a series of Gi Joe figures based on Street fighter 2, these where officially branded GI Joe figures and whee designed to work with the existing sets.

GIJoeSF-04-coverSUB.0.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

1993-sf2-beast-blaster-front-options-1000w_orig.jpg

I think I've made enough of a case for Street Fighter having a weirdly long legacy with Hasbro. And that's not even getting into its crossovers with things like TMNT. Some people might find it a little boring to do a character who's already in Smash, but my idea is we lean into the toy did did things. Make Ryu look like one of those replay high quality Japanese figures like a Figma or an SH figure arts, and maybe give him some abilities smash deviant use. Capcom are cleary game for crossovers so I don't they would say no.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. Mutant Party Tour
  2. Sewer Lair

Resubmitting:

Job: DLC Guest Character
FREDDY FUNKO
Franchise: Funko POP!

Alright, I feel Freddy didn't get a fair shake last time since we was going up against He-Man and the Gundam, two absolute behemoths, so he lost out of course. But, with Season 3 now underway I think we definitely have room for him.

And on that note... I don't have to explain what Funko is. We all know what it is, and its a huge face of the collecting market; Every store you turn to that deals with anything in pop culture has a Funko Pop on the shelf, for any franchise possible. It is everywhere, and in a game full of collectibles, we may as well add in one of the biggest collectible series on the planet. Which of course brings me to the mascot, Freddy Funko, a character who has been submitted since the first Guest Job and should probably get in sooner rather than later with that repertoire.
Not to mention, as far as crossovers go, Funko has collaborated with Hasbro and Mattel on numerous occasion, with almost 80% of our current playable roster having their own Funko. That's a huge reach this company has and shows that the collaboration certainly fits the glove.

Given that Freddy's gimmick is dressing up as other Pop Culture characters that Funko has the rights too, I'm entertaining the idea of Freddy having a Kirby styled moveset where he uses attacks from every playable character on the roster depending on who he's fighting, being able to dress up as them (or atleast take a design trait); Alternatively a Game & Watch esque moveset where his moves are all references to his various figures would work too.
---​

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I'm gotta go submit Sonic the Hedgehog (AGAIN!)
Sonic (Smash Ultimate).png

Reasons/Connections with Hasbro: Tonka, who was absorbed by Hasbro, distributed the Master System in the United States and Canada. Tiger Electronics did some Sonic LCD games. Sega distributed the FurReal Friends in Japan.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 114
Time to wrap up the results here! First up, our TMNT Stage is going to be none other than...
The Sewer Lair, submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast ! Let me know if you wanted to use this particular playset or if you wanted to generalize it, though for now I'm keeping it to the Playset that was referenced!
Believe it or not this was almost a tie as Mutant Party Tour came in second place!
Sewer Lair: 6
Mutant Party Tour: 5
NYC Rooftops: 1
Technodrome: 0
Of course, though, the Turtle Lair is probably the most iconic TMNT location period so it's only natural it'd win the vote and be the resident TMNT stage, similar to what happened in DC vs. Marvel as well. It was a good call by all of you to use Playsets and Toys for stages though, I like the thinking behind it!

Additionally, the amount of statues being included with the Game's Definitive Edition release is...
Screenshot 2024-02-18 131814.png
3! So with that, onto our next objective...
NEW VOTE
Going down our list of guest fighters, for which only 1 will make it into the roster (this time):
Seems like these jobs have been trading Quantity for Quality lately because we got a lot of creative and iconic submissions! I would be all for it if several of these characters made it onto the roster! Alas... only one will make it.

Go ahead and rank your Top 3, and your own submission cannot be in first!
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate a G.I. Joe Stage
Now that Duke has made the roster, it's only fitting a Joe stage is included along with him! Go ahead and vote for which one it'll be, we still have a couple of possible locales from the Joe series not yet used!

Job: Which Characters will get a Statue?
Okay, this is more of a voting based job, but it doesn't necessarily correlate to any submissions we've had so far. For this job, go ahead and rank the Top 3 characters from the entire playable roster to get a miniature statue included as part of the Definitive Edition bundle! We have just over 50 options to pick from in this case.

Top Bottom