• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Button reduces lag for U-Smash?

Goont

Smash Rookie
NNID
PrankingMaster
3DS FC
3024-5691-5601
Switch FC
SW-1032-2125-3356
Hey all, I'm trying to understand the fundamentals of playing competitive Fox, and while watching Skarfelt's video on Fox movement, he states that binding U-Smash to the Grab Button will reduce start-up charge time. Does this refer to binding Smash to the Button on the GCN Controller? Can that be done, and is it competitively legal? Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've very new the competitive gameplay of Smash and would like to start with the best possible control scheme for Fox, and this sounds like it is 100% needed for the meta-game.

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
All it is is doing a jump cancelled usmash with the grab button (z, or whatever your prefer). It just does an instant usmash instead of having any charge time. Can possibly make some confirms a bit better since you don't waste frames charging.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I'm trying to understand the fundamentals of playing competitive Fox, and while watching Skarfelt's video on Fox movement, he states that binding U-Smash to the Grab Button will reduce start-up charge time. Does this refer to binding Smash to the Button on the GCN Controller? Can that be done, and is it competitively legal? Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've very new the competitive gameplay of Smash and would like to start with the best possible control scheme for Fox, and this sounds like it is 100% needed for the meta-game.
As EnhaloTricks EnhaloTricks stated, it's just a JC usmash that skips a few frames in the startup animation.

Top Bottom