• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Getting 40+ combos in training?

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
I can't seem to figure out how to get a 40+ combo in training for that one challenge. The best I can do is 13 or 14 before I start getting pushed away and the moment I stop hitting the target the counter resets. How did you all do it?

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
Create 4 (I think that's the max, if more than do whatever the max is) smart bombs. Place two on each side of the CPU. Pick one up and throw it at the CPU. Boom! 100 Combo.

There's a challenge later that requires 100 Combo, so just try a few times till you get it. It shouldn't take long: At minimum you'll have ~85ish hits.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Or you can set the CPU's damage to 999%, then pummel them in a grab. I don't know the fastest pummeler, but I've gotten about 124 with Ness.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
Or you can set the CPU's damage to 999%, then pummel them in a grab. I don't know the fastest pummeler, but I've gotten about 124 with Ness.
Pummel speeds are so wildly different it's actually shocking.

Wii Fit Trainer can barely break 50 hits doing that, but characters like Fox can easily break 100.

I believe one of the challenges wants you to get a total combo score that's particularly high, so this is a nice lazy way to do it because you don't have to futz with the training mode menus beyond a single tap to 999%.

Don't forget!
Set the AI to level 1
I think the level still effects how inclined they are to mash out even set to stand. Can't confirm that, but it's a simple thing to change just to be safe.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Yeah, when I did this challenge, I set the CPU to level 1 with mashing in mind.
Pummel speeds in this game are pretty stupid. They're either really fast or not worth using.

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
You can get a 999 combo with Lucario on Corneria: make Fox your opponent throw him to the corner bit on the right side so he's stuck against the wall part, set % to 40 and charge aura sphere next to him. Reset the % to 40 whenever it gets to 60-70. Easy 999 combo.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I do love these training mode combos :p I'd certainly try the Lucario one if I thought I could stomach the monotony xD

Top Bottom