• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2019 Announcement expectations

TheMisterManGuy

Smash Apprentice
After CEO wraps up this week, the biggest FGC tournament is upon us. EVO. The lineup was revealed earlier this year and for the first time in a long time, there is only one Smash game taking the main event, Ultimate. Last year, Nintendo announced a Smash Ultimate Direct for August 8th following the Melee Grand Finals. This year, with more DLC coming, what do you think they'll announce following Ultimate's GFs? I think we'll get a release date for Hero alongside a highlight Video about some new stuff coming to 4.0.

As for 4.0 itself. I really want Targets and Home Run to return for starters. 3.0 brought Stage Builder back, so we need these back too.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I can picture it now: Heihachi showing off his fighting moves in a cinematic trailer. Tekken fans are feeling hype; it's been a good year for Tekken. Is this a season 3 DLC announcement? Then Link shows up out of nowhere. Soul Calibur 2 HD for Switch? Everyone is confused, but excited. Then Cloud shows up. Is he an alternate costume for Noctis in Tekken 7? Then Snake shows up. PlayStation All-stars 2? Then Ryu shows up. Tekken x Street Fighter? What is going on?! Then Pikachu and Lucario. Pokken? Then finally Mario arrives. Oh, this was a Smash Bros. trailer all along!

Heihachi for fighter #4 at EVO would be so hype and fitting. If he gets a trailer, I hope it references his series' history with Nintendo and the other 3rd party characters' series that he's crossed paths with over the years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom