• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMG's Wario Guide Stuff Blah Stuff

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah Ike isn't gonna be camping Wario on that stage anytime soon lol. The water makes him a sitting duck for a waft, a Dair, a Nair, a Fair, even Uair but the timing is weird.

Also, Wario can toss his bike out at you lolol. Obviously I don't expect this to happen very much, but it's funny when it happens lol.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Lol only 60:40 on some stages? Wario has a clear large advantage on at least 3 stages, with some CP's being around 60:40-65:35. I don't think Ike has the advantage on any stage, maybe FD or something similar but even there I think it would be at worst even. Although I guess a 45:55 on FD wouldn't be so bad.

I think it's 60:40 in general, but meh 5 less points isn't much to complain about.
I'm not a matchup sort of person. Wario has a slight advantage and its even/ike's slight advantage on some stages. I'm mostly going to look and ask myself if I can beat this player and how their skill relates to mind. I'm not taking any theory into thought, only results. If those are the numbers you've pulled up from nowhere, go ahead lol.

Timbers

check me out
I'm not a matchup sort of person. Wario has a slight advantage and its even/ike's slight advantage on some stages. I'm mostly going to look and ask myself if I can beat this player and how their skill relates to mind. I'm not taking any theory into thought, only results. If those are the numbers you've pulled up from nowhere, go ahead lol.
this is the smartest thing you have ever said/will ever say

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
>__>

So I've never said anything smarter than that wow thanks...

<__<
Lol this thread is now about finding the smartest thing Fiction has said lol jk :D

IDK I think sometimes when you talk about matchups Fiction you seem to have reservations about Wario's power or you always say we have a tiny advantage instead of "Dear lord we **** this character" lol. IDK I mean I don't mind someone who's not trying to overreach on what they think their advantage is, but you almost seem mellow at times, or like you're purposefully telling us Wario only has a tiny advantage/disadvantage just to later play someone who uses that character and 2 stock them irregardless lol.

But I trust most of your opinions, so I'll put it as 55:45.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Lol this thread is now about finding the smartest thing Fiction has said lol jk :D

IDK I think sometimes when you talk about matchups Fiction you seem to have reservations about Wario's power or you always say we have a tiny advantage instead of "Dear lord we **** this character" lol. IDK I mean I don't mind someone who's not trying to overreach on what they think their advantage is, but you almost seem mellow at times, or like you're purposefully telling us Wario only has a tiny advantage/disadvantage just to later play someone who uses that character and 2 stock them irregardless lol.

But I trust most of your opinions, so I'll put it as 55:45.
IMO wario has only 1 bad matchup (ddd) and has a slight advantage over most the cast. There are only a few characters wario ***** IMO.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IMO wario has only 1 bad matchup (ddd) and has a slight advantage over most the cast. There are only a few characters wario ***** IMO.
But but, Dedede lol? I mean I think we beat him, granted you have the patience to camp him for 7+ minutes. I think that would be an overall small advantage on most stages, maybe 55:45 or 60:40.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Lol.

U think you can hide from Wario in the Water? Have you read Fiction's post? Wario is Jaws. Lol.
*counterdives*

Dang, that worthless AT might actually have a use. O_o :laugh:

Basically, using Counter, Ike can dive under the water any time he wants to.

But ya, it does seem like most of Wario's match-ups hover around the even point.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
But but, Dedede lol? I mean I think we beat him, granted you have the patience to camp him for 7+ minutes. I think that would be an overall small advantage on most stages, maybe 55:45 or 60:40.
Whenever he gets a small lead he can camp you pretty well too. Its still a horribly bad matchup IMO. 40-60 (horrible for wario lol)

Timbers

check me out
>__>

So I've never said anything smarter than that wow thanks...

<__<
i'm a master at backhanded compliments

get atcha
Whenever he gets a small lead he can camp you pretty well too. Its still a horribly bad matchup IMO. 40-60 (horrible for wario lol)
I'm curious. In that set you played against DSF's DDD, what's your personal feedback on it? I see a ton of this ****slinging back and forth about how it was just a fluke that you won and DSF was tired, or DSF hadn't built a solid strat to deal with aircamp, or etc.

Opinions?

It is a word, just a "nonstandard" word.

GG sir I won lol.
just like "sware" isn't proper and I will continue to use it forever and ever. You are my long lost brother.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
i'm a master at backhanded compliments

get atcha

I'm curious. In that set you played against DSF's DDD, what's your personal feedback on it? I see a ton of this ****slinging back and forth about how it was just a fluke that you won and DSF was tired, or DSF hadn't built a solid strat to deal with aircamp, or etc.

Opinions?

just like "sware" isn't proper and I will continue to use it forever and ever. You are my long lost brother.
DSF's DDD is not even good, hes just a good player. His DDD plays really weird though lol so its confusing. I was tired as well...so no johns.

The last time I played DSF's ddd I would have won without an SD at 0 percent (before WGF) and I hadn't even tried aircamping yet. Then at WGF I just happened to get him. I think I could beat him if I played him again. Plus now I'm much more confident in my ICs, so I would have a viable CP as well. People always say things concerning me are flukes or whatever because a ton of people hate me for no reason. Probably because I'm some nobody 16 year old kid who didnt even play melee and then spontaneously started getting better and then started winning. I won a tourney the other day with 83 ppl i think and DSF got 9th......probably just a bad day but still. (i didn't play him there)

I just play my best and if I win I win or if I lose I lose. People can john for anyone however much they want all depends on who actually wins.

Quik17

Smash Ace
This is just my opinion on the Ike matchup.

As someone who faces Kirk's Ike on a regular basis in tourneys, I would have to say that this matchup is in Ike's favor. (55-45)

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I dunno about that there. I think its more like 90-10 Wario's favor. DI up out of jabs and fart on his head.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This is just my opinion on the Ike matchup.

As someone who faces Kirk's Ike on a regular basis in tourneys, I would have to say that this matchup is in Ike's favor. (55-45)
IMO There could be a skill difference really. Kirk is unreal and defies the laws of match ups. He go even with Olimar when that match up is 25/75.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Try airdodging and landing behind him, or picking up his nades and throwing em back, ,or just running up and grabbing him while hes busy messing with the nades.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This is how you beat a campy Snake... and most other annoying characters/playstyles:

PATIENCE

Don't force yourself, take openings when they're there. If they aren't, then you wait.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You pick Brinstar as your CP.

If he bans it, pick it anyways.

If he seriously bans it, go to RC.

Just win on the Neutral and GG you won the set assuming you play right lol.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
I'm actually going to argue against the above posts. Snake has some very strong strategies on RC and Brinstar. For the longest time, my snake sucked on brinstar and RC. I looked at the stages as horrible for Snake until I learned how to use snake's aerials in conjunction with nades and mortars. C4 on RC can kill players as early as 60% on the left side (if they let you). The map actually favors snake if he stays ahead of the movement. The map forces the opponent to approach a mass of grenades and ****. It sux :(.

I've learned that Norfair is not only a good Wario stage, but a not so good snake stage. Due to the positions of platforms, the stage makes for lots of aerial battles.

and yes, I'm going to be seriously picking up Wario. I'm such a jerkoff and he fits my playstyle really well.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
DEEFOURBA! If you start playing a mean Wario I won't have to rely on DMG for my Dub Warios fix anymore <3

Snake isn't terribly bad on ANY stage, but Brinstar and RC are better for Wario than they are for him. Just don't let Snake camp a carpet on RC, and then run away during the very "high" parts of the stage (swinging platform, un-pass-throughable one) to not get massively pwned and you should be fine. When you play a juggler like Wario or GW or MK, I think it's preferably that they stay ahead of the movement, just don't force your approaches if they're not safe... but that's the standard strategy against him XD

Brinstar is ok, but it limits Snake a bit. He can't really stop aircamping on this stage b/c of the layout, he's forced into close quarters by the lava (which is also very good for comboing him), he can't properly mortar slide b/c of that little ball area. I'm sure it extends the hitbox of his uptilt though, so watch out for that. The sides are still close enough for us to kill him before he kills us (just be careful on the top platform).

d4bA

Smash Cadet
^^. N.air + c4 and mine (on right platform) and fully charged u.smashed on the middle platform will make you hate snake on this stage. His n.air eats the left platform for free. I can see the match having favorable positions for both sides, but there are better places to take him imo.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
My personal order of preference for CPing Snakes goes something like: RC > Brinstar > Norfair > Japes.

I would pick Norfair more often if people didn't just switch to characters that can take advantage of the stage so frequently, haha.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think it's more like Brinstar > Brinstar < Brinstar = Brinstar > RC > Norfair > CS.

Brinstar is **** vs Snake. Absolute buttsecks ****. This is the analogy for Brinstar:

Snake is playing tag. He's an average guy, used to run some in Highschool but nothing much.

Wario is a world class marathon runner. He's the Michael Phelps on land.

You have 8 minutes to tag him or your house will explode, your wife and children kidnapped forever, your assets frozen, and you will be fired from your job.

RC is more like, a barren wasteland and you're racing a motorcycle vs a helicopter lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Castle Seige is not very good against Snake. The dark backgrounds hide his explosives really well, he can hide under platforms in the first form of the stage, and then the second form of the stage is just all sorts of gay (good for aircamp, though), and third form is nice.

Hard-to-see-**** makes it less than optimal against Snake, which is also a problem on Japes, but hey, he can't really kill us there, lol.

Your Brinstar math is awesome, though, haha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
rofl, Nice analogies DMG.

to me, Wario just seems way more maneuverable than snake obviously, so the cp's you wanna pick would be ones that give snake even less mobility than he already has... which is why i can totally understand why brinstar would be so effective

Top Bottom