• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't know if anyone's keeping an eye on Tokyo Game Show stuff with a Direct potentially on the horizon as it's September, but here's something fun I learned about Nintendo's participation at TGS this year:

Hey you know, since Nintendo's gonna be boosting Indie Games over there, this would definitely be a good time for the last Smash character to be from an Indie title yes?

Also in news I care about, Koei-Tecmo's lineup has a mystery title yet to be revealed at TGS:
View attachment 328925
Last year, they had a mystery title to present as well, which turned out to be Age of Calamity. I'm not expecting another Musou title to be the mystery game, but a September Direct sure does sound like the ideal place to reveal what that game is even if it might just be a Japanese Exclusive game.
If it's even a Nintendo thing it'll just be another Warriors game... but man would a Pokemon Conquest 2 be cool.

Staarih

Smash Master
Last year, they had a mystery title to present as well, which turned out to be Age of Calamity. I'm not expecting another Musou title to be the mystery game, but a September Direct sure does sound like the ideal place to reveal what that game is even if it might just be a Japanese Exclusive game.
Yeah, I think at least a Nintendo-musou isn't happening yet with the Age of Calamity DLC still unfinished (though that's another thing to go over in a potential Direct). Maybe a new Atelier Ryza?

And yeah, I feel like a Direct occurring this month before TGS seems logical to reveal some (third party) games, which can be later showcased in the event.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I think Shield B would be better then. Crazy how Inkling managed to stick another special input that can be used for all sorts of **** like Cloud's Limit yet nobody else uses it.

Also,
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I now firmly believe this, though I must ask, how were SNES games on NSO announced?
Switch: Please, I want Samus Returns.
Nintendo: We have Samus Returns in Nintendo Switch Online.
Samus Returns in Nintendo Switch Online:
H2x1_GB_MetroidIIReturnOfSamus_image1600w.jpg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Switch: Please, I want Samus Returns.
Nintendo: We have Samus Returns in Nintendo Switch Online.
Samus Returns in Nintendo Switch Online:
View attachment 328926
1991: Return of Samus
2017: Samus's Return
2021: Return of Samus: The Return.
2039: Samus Finally Bring Back The Damn Milk

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I don't know if anyone's keeping an eye on Tokyo Game Show stuff with a Direct potentially on the horizon as it's September, but here's something fun I learned about Nintendo's participation at TGS this year:

Hey you know, since Nintendo's gonna be boosting Indie Games over there, this would definitely be a good time for the last Smash character to be from an Indie title yes?

Also in news I care about, Koei-Tecmo's lineup has a mystery title yet to be revealed at TGS:
View attachment 328925
TGS more like TGA :4pacman:

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
From a long-running Japanese indie series that since became a sort of phenomenon? :4pacman:

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Kind of true, but Ivysaur doesn't really share the same status as its other evolutions (though it is my personal favorite of the line), and I don't think most people would argue that we needed all three of them.
So? If the roster was reduced to "essential" characters we'd have a lot less. Regardless, every single one of the Kanto starters are easily justifiable as Smash characters with the arguable exception of Ivysaur (and that is only because Bulbasaur and Venusaur clearly overshadow it) and even then, you can easily make the argument that a middle stage starter would add more to the trifecta. Ivysaur is fun to play.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Bad news, Smash 6 is cutting Pokemon Trainer. Good news, Charizard will at least still be returning just like in 4. Monkeys paw curls, it's Leon's undefeatable Charizard. If you take a stock off of it, it just flies back from the blastzone because it is undefeatable. If you didn't know, Leon's Charizard is undefeatable so this mechanic would reference that.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Bad news, Smash 6 is cutting Pokemon Trainer. Good news, Charizard will at least still be returning just like in 4. Monkeys paw curls, it's Leon's undefeatable Charizard. If you take a stock off of it, it just flies back from the blastzone because it is undefeatable. If you didn't know, Leon's Charizard is undefeatable so this mechanic would reference that.
I literally took down that Charizard in one shot.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Tbh what I'll miss more than just the last character itself is the period after release when we're anticipating their presentation, theorizing on their moveset from just trailer footage, figuring out their classic mode and spirit references, jist overall gushing about their inclusion (assuming you're a fan of the character lol). The period between their reveal and their release, that's the best part.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm still wondering if HAL would bring back Kirby Air Ride. Then again, that game was developed during the time Sakurai was with the company and what made Smash Run for the 3DS years later.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So? If the roster was reduced to "essential" characters we'd have a lot less. Regardless, every single one of the Kanto starters are easily justifiable as Smash characters with the arguable exception of Ivysaur (and that is only because Bulbasaur and Venusaur clearly overshadow it) and even then, you can easily make the argument that a middle stage starter would add more to the trifecta. Ivysaur is fun to play.
You know, I wonder if Sakurai always thought Venusaur wouldn't work as a Smash fighter in the first place. He's said he considered Blastoise, but never Venusaur.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Let's see once next week rolls over.
If the direct doesn't happen next week......

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
please rate my top five most wanted with special move-sets

Ahri __ ( League of Legends ) via Riot Games & Tencent

Master Chief __ ( Halo ) via 343 Industries & Microsoft

Lightbringer Knight __ ( dungeon fighter online ) via Neople

Matoi __ ( Phantasy Star Online 2 ) via Sega

SpellSinger __ ( Lineage II ) via NCSoft
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Master Chief’s move-set

1 up special = tether recovery
2 Neutral special = weapon fire
3 Down special = weapon swap. MC swaps between the needler and the brute shot
4 Side special = spartan charge = short range ramming attack

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lightbringer Knight’s / Savior __ ( dungeon fighter online ) move-set

Mandate of Heaven = up special = Concentrates her power of light, soars up into the sky, and then explodes the power as she descends.

Down special = Divine Shield = Concentrates her power of light into her shield and blocks all enemy attacks. Successful blocks also temporarily cast Super Armor (Status).

Side special = wrath = Concentrates the power of light into her weapon and strikes forward with it, discharging light.

Neutral special = Retribution = Charges her shield with the power of light and swings it, shooting the power at the ground. Sends targets flying into a spiral.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SpellSinger Elf __ ( Lineage II ) ice based move-set

1 Neutral special = Ice Dagger = An icy blade strikes the enemy,
2 Down special = Frost Wall = Sends a wall of ice rushing towards enemies.
3 Side special = Frost Bolt = Freezes an enemy, instantly reducing their speed
4 Final Smash = Solar Flare = Unleashes a divine magic attack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKX31

Smash Master
What ? No Samus´s new return?
Nah, it'd obviously be Samus Returns Rising: Revengeance.

:roll:

You know, I wonder if Sakurai always thought Venusaur wouldn't work as a Smash fighter in the first place. He's said he considered Blastoise, but never Venusaur.
It's one of those things we can't confirm unless there's definitive evidence from the man himself. But Sakurai probably settled on Ivysaur early - not just since it has some design overlap with Venusaur*, but also since it might be easier to implement than Venusaur might've been. Yeah, Venusaur's flower might be useful for attacks like Solar Beam, but that might be a bit more difficult to implement than Charizard's wings or Blastoise's cannons.

* (For instance, Ivy can still use vines and its bud can still release spores - both of which Venusaur would presumably do as well.)

Also, re: The Switch OLED:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nah, it'd obviously be Samus Returns Rising: Revengeance.

:roll:

It's one of those things we can't confirm unless there's definitive evidence from the man himself. But Sakurai probably settled on Ivysaur early - not just since it has some design overlap with Venusaur*, but also since it might be easier to implement than Venusaur might've been. Yeah, Venusaur's flower might be useful for attacks like Solar Beam, but that might be a bit more difficult to implement than Charizard's wings or Blastoise's cannons.

* (For instance, Ivy can still use vines and its bud can still release spores - both of which Venusaur would presumably do as well.)

Also, re: The Switch OLED:

Welp, RIP me building my own PC any time soon… 😫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom