• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
and fix the loudness on the first two XC2 songs pre-Pythra
Didn't we find out that the Pyra/Mythra update adjusted Battle!!, Those Who Stand Against Our Path, and Still, Move Forward!'s volume to be consistent with that of the new music added? I complained about this issue more than pretty much anyone and based on my listening it was fixed.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I am waiting for Kirby´s Factory Inspection to be on smash. I love that song. There are even some cool remixes for the song.
Me too, specifically with a certain fitting stage and character from the same game as well.

It will never happen, next character is Final Fantasy X protagonist.

EDIT: frogot the quote

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm curious, what's the most white-hot take you guys have ever seen over the course of the speculation cycle? I'm talking takes that cause virtually the entire fandom to turn on the original poster.
If I could count all of them, I'd get burned.
Out of curiousity, how would you react if this was Ultimate's newcomer lineup?

Base Game
  • Inkling
  • Simon
  • Richter
  • Daisy
  • Alph (Olimar Echo)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Ridley
  • Chrom
  • Shadow (Sonic Echo)
  • Dark Samus
  • King K. Rool
  • Isabelle
  • Ken
  • Incineroar
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
Vol.1
  • Joker
  • Hero
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Terry
  • Sora
Vol. 2
  • Min Min
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Sephiroth
  • Pyra/Mythra
  • Kazuya
  • Steve
Bandee and Phoenix Wright are great. Replace Incineroar with Decidueye and I might just be completely satisfied.
I like Byleth, but I probably wouldn't have minded their absence in the hypothetical scenario they weren't added in the first place.
On topic of music:
Adding to the tracks others have already listed
I'm gonna stop myself because I could be here all day listing Ace Attorney music.
Also, I was today years old when I learned The Steel Samurai theme has a vocal version.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy ****, Tidus?

**** yeah dude.
Tidus' gimmick is spending 8 minutes going off about Blitzball before supposedly becoming the best character in the game, I say supposedly because I dropped FFX after 8 hours of Blitzball which gets referenced as every Tidus player gets bodied hard in that time and loses the match, but Sakurai refuses to lower the timer to stay true to the slowburn/timewasting nature of his game

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Tidus' gimmick is spending 8 minutes going off about Blitzball before supposedly becoming the best character in the game, I say supposedly because I dropped FFX after 8 hours of Blitzball which gets referenced as every Tidus player gets bodied hard in that time and loses the match, but Sakurai refuses to lower the timer to stay true to the slowburn/timewasting nature of his game
Awww.... I though this would be Tidus gimmick:

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Oh ya.

Completely unaware of the NMH series, but just did the event and got the spirit named FU.

Well, I wonder what that stands for.
One criticism I've seen against Doom Slayer is that his obvious final smash, the BFG, wouldn't work because of what the acronym stands for.
I guess this sort of puts that to rest a bit lmao.

Assuming that's what it stands for. I don't know anything about NMH.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't know if the Sophia and Arthur spirits were freely available before, but they are now.
I think they became available when Kazuya dropped, if I remember right? That said, was kinda hoping Razewing Rathalos would become available, but I guess I'm waiting for CP11 on that one, lol.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I got da spirits
Travis' spirit is enhanceable, I sure hope it's not a spoiler since I want to play those games later down the line

Shroob

Sup?
I do wonder how going forward they'll add promo spirits into the rotation.

AFAIK, they've only ever done it with 'big' patches in the past, and currently, we have quite a few event spirits from Kazuya to now, be it the Mario Golf ones, Sukuna ones, the Razewing Rathalos one, and now the NMH ones.

I think some of these will be added in with CP11 to the standard rotation, but stuff like the Mario Golf and NMH ones are kinda too new.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I do wonder how going forward they'll add promo spirits into the rotation.

AFAIK, they've only ever done it with 'big' patches in the past, and currently, we have quite a few event spirits from Kazuya to now, be it the Mario Golf ones, Sukuna ones, the Razewing Rathalos one, and now the NMH ones.

I think some of these will be added in with CP11 to the standard rotation, but stuff like the Mario Gold and NMH ones are kinda too new.
Well, the regular event ones (Sukuna, Mario Golf, etc) get added to regular rotation after the event ends, the event is just for extra SP and stuff. I am curious if we'll have game promotion gift ones like the Let's Go Partner Pikachu and Eevee, the Tockles, Sophia, Arthur, and Razewing Rathalos after all the DLC is out though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, the regular event ones (Sukuna, Mario Golf, etc) get added to regular rotation after the event ends, the event is just for extra SP and stuff. I am curious if we'll have game promotion gift ones like the Let's Go Partner Pikachu and Eevee, the Tockles, Sophia, Arthur, and Razewing Rathalos after all the DLC is out though.
They don't.

They only do that IF you previously got them. If you missed the event, you're **** out of luck until they decide to add them back in.

I missed the Tetris spirits and had to wait until iirc Banjo or Terry's patch for them to be added to the standard rotation.

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Travis' spirit battle uses a Mii Swordfighter so I'm assuming he'll appear with the Travis costume if you have it. (He has a Captain Falcon helmet if you don't, which is amusingly still fitting.) This would bring the total number of Mii costumes that affect a spirit battle to 7, if I'm not mistaken. Those being:
  • Cuphead
  • Tifa
  • Aerith
  • Barret
  • Ryo Sazaki
  • Heihachi
  • and now Travis Touchdown

Remember, the first time we saw him was with the Totally Not EA's CEO Suda Has A Grudge Against so it's funnier than you think
Storytime? Sounds like an amusing read/watch if you have a link.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Travis' spirit battle uses a Mii Swordfighter so I'm assuming he'll appear with the Travis costume if you have it. (He has a Captain Falcon if you don't, which is amusingly still fitting.) This would being the total number of Mii costumes that affect a spirit battle to 7, if I'm not mistaken. Those being:
  • Cuphead
  • Tifa
  • Aerith
  • Barret
  • Ryo Sazaki
  • Heihachi

He does use the Travis Mii.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
They don't.

They only do that IF you previously got them. If you missed the event, you're **** out of luck until they decide to add them back in.

I missed the Tetris spirits and had to wait until iirc Banjo or Terry's patch for them to be added to the standard rotation.
Ah, didn't realize. Good thing I get all of the Spirits as they come out so I can fight all of the rematches Spiritless then so I only have to wait for a handful, I guess lol

Shroob

Sup?
Travis' spirit battle uses a Mii Swordfighter so I'm assuming he'll appear with the Travis costume if you have it. (He has a Captain Falcon if you don't, which is amusingly still fitting.) This would bring the total number of Mii costumes that affect a spirit battle to 7, if I'm not mistaken. Those being:
  • Cuphead
  • Tifa
  • Aerith
  • Barret
  • Ryo Sazaki
  • Heihachi

To add to this, there's more.

Ninjara
The Minecraft spirits
Arthur from GnG

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Ah, didn't realize. Good thing I get all of the Spirits as they come out so I can fight all of the rematches Spiritless then so I only have to wait for a handful, I guess lol
How the canned asparagus do you even approach the rematches where all the platforms are lava spiritless? Most of these can be toughed out even if they might not have ways to cheese them but those have me completely scratching my head. What's the main thing to do? Use a character with a stall-and-fall like Simon and be as precise as you can?

To add to this, there's more.

Ninjara
The Minecraft spirits
Arthur from GnG
Which Minecraft costume(s)? I was listing by the costume rather than the spirit battle. The Cuphead costume affects both the Cuphead and Mugman battles, for instance.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Awww.... I though this would be Tidus gimmick:
This is exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that post; to be more precise, the laughter at the end of the video. Imagine it being a taunt.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
How the canned asparagus do you even approach the rematches where all the platforms are lava spiritless? Most of these can be toughed out even if they might not have ways to cheese them but those have me completely scratching my head. What's the main thing to do? Use a character with a stall-and-fall like Simon and be as precise as you can?

Which Minecraft costume(s)? I was listing by the costume rather than the spirit battle. The Cuphead costume affects both the Cuphead and Mugman battles, for instance.
Creeper and Pig, for the Creeper and Piglin fights respectively.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Even if all of the platforms are covered in lava, ledges are a safe spot. I believe initially I would use Kirby for those and just try to edgeguard with down air and Final Cutter spikes, but if I ran into one of those now, I'd try to kill the CPU with Chrom Up B (after beating Dr. Wily, the Phantom Thieves, and Hero's Comrades with Chrom, I've considered him more often for really hard battles lol). If you think you're about to hit ledge limit, just take the hit from the hazard and go back to camping ledge.

Tbh, the worst Spirit for me to fight Spiritless was Caeda, just because of the high winds constantly blowing, since the strategy for beating it required me to play Zelda, since short hopping Nayru's Love made it possible to move against the wind with no resistance and just keep hitting the CPUs with that until you get Final Smash, then fall off right side when both CPUs are near you, activate it really far down and off to the right (while facing right, otherwise one of them will probably recover) and one gets pulled in while the other still gets bumped around by the move's suction, killing them both as you try and avoid dying to the wind. I legitimately had to look up how to do it, it was so obtuse, and I couldn't brute force it with DK Up B.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Unrelated but it looks like Cygames is beginning to wind down support for Dragalia Lost

Starting this November, the game's development and management structure will undergo some changes accompanied by a reduction in the amount of content released each month going forward.

In particular, the number of new adventurers and dragons added to the game each month will change, and starting in December, new onslaught, defensive, and coliseum events will no longer be added (though existing ones will return at regular intervals). Please note that these details may change without prior notice.
Wouldn't be terribly surprised if the game got shuttered sometime within the next year...

Shroob

Sup?
Unrelated but it looks like Cygames is beginning to wind down support for Dragalia Lost

Wouldn't be terribly surprised if the game got shuttered sometime within the next year...
Thing is, Cygames doesn't really have a lot of say in regards to Dragalia, Nintendo wears the pants in that relationship. As someone who's big into Granblue, Cygames loves doing stuff like making art of all their different IPs interacting with one another, but always left Dragalia out, probably due to not legally being able to do so.

But yeah, it's been no surprise that Dragalia's had it very rough recently, and this kinda signals the coming of the end. Once a game hits this state, especially a mobile game, it's effectively only a matter of time, sadly.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Dragalia Lost is kill.

Yet more evidence as to why Euden has basically no chance. Shame the game didn't get anything though (at least, to my knowledge).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Dragalia Lost is kill.

Yet more evidence as to why Euden has basically no chance. Shame the game didn't get anything though (at least, to my knowledge).
I know there are no mobile game Spirits anywhere in Ultimate (nothing for like Veronica or any of the FE Heroes OCs or anything), but I wish Dragalia, being a new IP, had at least gotten some Spirits of like the main story cast (Euden, Elisanne, Ranzal, Luca, and Cleo). You could even make them their element through the primary Spirit attributes (Euden as red primary, Elisanne as blue, and Ranzal as green), then have Luca and Cleo as Support Spirits.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think the two Fire Emblem Heroes remixes we got are the only representation Nintendo's mobile games have in Smash in general.

They could of at least put a rip of this in

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think the two Fire Emblem Heroes remixes we got are the only representation Nintendo's mobile games have in Smash in general.
Combine that with the Minecraft Earth song and you get the entirety of mobile game representation in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I wonder if they'll end up adding more in later games. Perhaps if something takes off as hard as a console game. Well, I suppose Pokémon GO did that already but Pokémon spin-offs are ignored super hard by this series. I wouldn't be surprised if Thunder Jolt was literally the only thing in the series that was taken from the spin-off media.

They could of at least put a rip of this in
I'd definitely be down for that track.

Shroob

Sup?
Combine that with the Minecraft Earth song and you get the entirety of mobile game representation in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I wonder if they'll end up adding more in later games. Perhaps if something takes off as hard as a console game. Well, I suppose Pokémon GO did that already but Pokémon spin-offs are ignored super hard by this series. I wouldn't be surprised if Thunder Jolt was literally the only thing in the series that was taken from the spin-off media.

I'd definitely be down for that track.
So this is how Fate gets in Smash, eh?

:nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom