• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's Final Smash

Would you like Diddy to have a new final smash?

• Total voters

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Would you like to see Diddy with a new final smash, or have him keep his Brawl one?

I thought his Brawl final smash was a tad hard to control and didn't do the damage I would have liked, so I am up for seeing a new one (maybe something from Tropical Freeze), or an improvement on his current Rocketbarrel Barrage.

Edit: His Rocketbarrel Barrage has been confirmed to return as his Final Smash.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm actually all good with his current one. I loved DK 64 so I'm obviously a bit biased, but apart from that I actually found it pretty fun.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Would you like to see Diddy with a new final smash, or have him keep his Brawl one?

I thought his Brawl final smash was a tad hard to control and didn't do the damage I would have liked, so I am up for seeing a new one. Maybe something from Tropical Freeze.
What about just buffing his Brawl one?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The current one sits on him well enough already. It's just that iconic.

I dunno if buffs are necessary, perhaps the controlling could be more developed on, let us hover perhaps?

fill

20EggsEggs
Both look fitting for Donkey Kong.
yeah, plus DKs Final Smash is really bad. well im picking up DKTF on my way home so maybe something from that will be used. diddys isnt that bad just a little hard to control. honestly the main reason i go after the smash ball is so i dont get killed from someone else's final smash

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'd much rather see DK himself get one first. I'm not sure their would be anything in DKC:TF to work with, at least not for anyone other than DK.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Yeah buffing his Brawl one would be good too, but Donkey Kong's final smash is the worst, yes.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I was hoping to see his guitar from DK64 be his Final Smash in Brawl. I never really liked his current one.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I don't even remember what Diddy's is. lol
Lol, Rocketbarrel Barrage. He flies around and shoots explosive peanuts. I thought it was a neat idea but was too hard to control, for me at least, and usually I ended up flying around aimlessly.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Lol, Rocketbarrel Barrage. He flies around and shoots explosive peanuts. I thought it was a neat idea but was too hard to control, for me at least, and usually I ended up flying around aimlessly.
Oh yeah I hated that. I always ended up under the stage when the final smash ended. I really hope it gets a better control.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
His Brawl Final Smash waas easily one of the best in the game. And it's purely iconic. With Diddy's Up B and Neutral B back in DK64 / Brawl style, why wouldn't they keep the Rocketbarrel Barrage?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Never know. I think it's cool but just wasn't the easiest to control and KO someone with.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't mind Diddy Kong's Final Smash, I didn't even have many issues controlling it either; however, it was quite difficult to actually KO enemies unless they were already close to killing percent.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The FS is mid-decent to me, it's not bad, in fact when it scores KOs, you feel like a badass. Depends on the damage though and the way you make best use of it, if you can also get hang of the controls.

A bit buffs, more fluid control and perhaps some AWESOME MUSIC, thanks.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can easily take 2 stocks with the Rocketbarrel Barrage everytime. Really... It's not that damn hard to control.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Well you are a Diddy Kong main and fan I take it. If it's easy for you doesn't mean it is easy for everyone else. Don't want this thread to get argumentative though, was merely asking what people thought of it.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I say keep it the same. I remember playing the N64 game and I was beyond happy when it was his FS in Brawl.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
I could see them keeping his old one, but adding a bit more "personality" to it. Like maybe Diddy making faces or noises as he shoots people. Also, banana bombs. Many banana bombs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well you are a Diddy Kong main and fan I take it. If it's easy for you doesn't mean it is easy for everyone else. Don't want this thread to get argumentative though, was merely asking what people thought of it.
Yeah well naturally I am, been playing Diddy since day 1. I didn't mean any offense, just the fact that you seem to think it's a hard move to control isn't true for most Diddy fans, and it shouldn't be changed because of that cause Diddy's Final Smash is really, really dangerous if you know how to control it. And again, I really don't think it's too hard at all. Don't fly too high for example, keep low, try to hit the opponents with Diddy and the Rocketbarrel itself during the shooting for example. It's way too iconic and awesome to be replaced.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Yeah well naturally I am, been playing Diddy since day 1. I didn't mean any offense, just the fact that you seem to think it's a hard move to control isn't true for most Diddy fans, and it shouldn't be changed because of that cause Diddy's Final Smash is really, really dangerous if you know how to control it. And again, I really don't think it's too hard at all. Don't fly too high for example, keep low, try to hit the opponents with Diddy and the Rocketbarrel itself during the shooting for example. It's way too iconic and awesome to be replaced.
I edited my first post as you guys have been quite convincing, I didn't realize it was that iconic and from the N64. I don't necessarily want to see something completely new, I think other final smashes in the game should be changed way before his, like DK's, and Falco's and Wolf's. (And Pit too if Palutena is playable)

Thanks for the tip, I have found myself flying too high, maybe I just need practice with it.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Nah, no need to change. I'm honestly not expecting any FS to be replaced. They buff the weaker ones though.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
can we get a big banana...or a rambi?
I actually think that Rambi would be super cool for Donkey Kong himself. Since I personally found Donkey Kong's FS rather bland. The rhino could certainly use some more love than just being a Trophy.

As for Diddy Kong, I personally liked his Brawl FS. Keep in mind though that I loved Donkey Kong 64, so I may be biased in saying that the Jet Pack is quite iconic for Diddy Kong.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Maybe Diddy's new Final Smash could be a million invisible bananas land everywhere, and cause everyone to trip without any visible reason!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I actually think that Rambi would be super cool for Donkey Kong himself. Since I personally found Donkey Kong's FS rather bland. The rhino could certainly use some more love than just being a Trophy.

As for Diddy Kong, I personally liked his Brawl FS. Keep in mind though that I loved Donkey Kong 64, so I may be biased in saying that the Jet Pack is quite iconic for Diddy Kong.
No, you're not biased. It is really iconic, appearing in Returns, Tropical Freeze and Mario spin-offs.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I would be bummed if Diddy's Final Smash changed. I became too proficient with it to have to learn another one! =(

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It's not hard enough to control that I'd want it changed for that reason. Honestly there's not any ideas out there that seem like good replacements, so if anything just minor tweaks would be okay with me.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
If Donkey Kong were to ride on Rambi for his final smash, Diddy could ride on the rocket barrel from DKCR/DKC:TF perhaps? Of course the controls should fit with the controls of DKCR/DKC:TF meaning you have to press a certain button to not fall down with the rocket barrel.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If Donkey Kong were to ride on Rambi for his final smash, Diddy could ride on the rocket barrel from DKCR/DKC:TF perhaps? Of course the controls should fit with the controls of DKCR/DKC:TF meaning you have to press a certain button to not fall down with the rocket barrel.
So more like Sonic's where just crashing into players would do damage?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
So more like Sonic's where just crashing into players would do damage?
Yes, you would have to crash into the ennemies while flying on the rocket barrel. The controls could make this one tricky.

Top Bottom