• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
If they're getting to nerf Diddy Kong again, I'd rather see it happen sooner than later so I have a better idea if I'm wasting my time with a character who will get trashed every balance patch.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Diddy Kong players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Diddy Kong and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If they're getting to nerf Diddy Kong again, I'd rather see it happen sooner than later so I have a better idea if I'm wasting my time with a character who will get trashed every balance patch.
If they are strictly watching what results top players are getting with characters, am hoping Diddy stays untouched from now on. Maybe it's a good thing that Diddy didn't preform well at CEO and other recent tournaments. Luigi and Sheik seem the most logical characters to get nerfed hard next. Pikachu and Rosalina could gets their Customs nerfed. Wonder what would happen next then? The rise of Zero Suit Samus? Captain Falcon? Fox? Am thinking with all these nerfs happening to Diddy, anything could really happen.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
If they are strictly watching what results top players are getting with characters, am hoping Diddy stays untouched from now on. Maybe it's a good thing that Diddy didn't preform well at CEO and other recent tournaments. Luigi and Sheik seem the most logical characters to get nerfed hard next. Pikachu and Rosalina could gets their Customs nerfed. Wonder what would happen next then? The rise of Zero Suit Samus? Captain Falcon? Fox? Am thinking with all these nerfs happening to Diddy, anything could really happen.
Fox has been slept on hard. If all three of Sheik, Luigi, and Rosalina get nerfed, then depending on how hard they were the new top 3 would probably be (in no order) Pikachu, ZSS, and Sonic, and Fox wouldn't be lingering at the #8-#10 spot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You'd see :4sonic: rise over the likes of :4ness: to? Am thinking that :4ness: probably has the most dedicated mains out there to really push this character to great results if :4sheik::4luigi::rosalina: wane off. :4falcon: is another character I could really see doing well. Cause if :4sheik: would get nerfed similary to us, my best guess is that former :4sheik::4diddy: mains will probably pick up characters as :4fox::4sonic::4falcon: to replicate the rushdown feelings of their previous mains.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I'm personally already training Fox and ZSS (the latter has been my secondary for a while anyway) in preparation for if Sheik's fair gets lag. I don't care if they nerf all her moves but if they touch fair and make it not combo I'm quitting her.

Also please say too instead of to LOL

but yeah, I'd see Sonic rise. Ness is extremely overrated but he's still pretty good. I doubt Luigi/Sheik/Rosa would get so nerfed that Falcon will rise hard though.

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
You boys ready for another Diddy nerf?
If they nerf him again... I don't see why they would again though. It's not Diddy, its Zero. Plus, Zero only pulled Diddy out in Grand Finals. There were so many Sheiks.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
If they nerf him again... I don't see why they would again though. It's not Diddy, its Zero. Plus, Zero only pulled Diddy out in Grand Finals. There were so many Sheiks.
You're so cute, you think Sakurai and his team are clever enough to actually make the distinction.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
You're so cute, you think Sakurai and his team are clever enough to actually make the distinction.
You would also think they wouldn't keep nerfing the top character because there will always be one and instead of slowly making the game worse they should work more on balancing the game's mechanics and buffing other characters but noooo keep making the top characters worse and remove their options bit by bit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If this little moment of shine for Diddy results in another nerf, Sakurai is a fraud.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Well, Diddy won evo with his hoo-hah....... Better nerf Greninja get prepared for another nerf guys.....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Diddy won evo with his hoo-hah....... Better nerf Greninja get prepared for another nerf guys.....
If Hoo-Hah couldn't kill with 175% worth of rage, on a lightweight character as Sheik, on the top platform of Battle Field then there would be a serious problem tho... I hope Sakurai realises this before blaming Diddy again. With all the Sheiks at EVO, am pretty sure that Sakurai is gonna focus on her first. Or atleast, I hope.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
A
If Hoo-Hah couldn't kill with 175% worth of rage, on a lightweight character as Sheik, on the top platform of Battle Field then there would be a serious problem tho... I hope Sakurai realises this before blaming Diddy again. With all the Sheiks at EVO, am pretty sure that Sakurai is gonna focus on her first. Or atleast, I hope.
As long as they never touch anything to really mess up the feel of the character by that much, like his frame data on his movement. He just can't FEEL different and I'll be fine. We'll find new kill set-ups just like the sheik mains did after their early nerfs.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Guys, relax. ZeRo knew he had the tournament on lockdown, so he decided to go Diddy for the last match instead of Sheik. He's not gonna get nerfed again just because he won once.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Guys, relax. ZeRo knew he had the tournament on lockdown, so he decided to go Diddy for the last match instead of Sheik. He's not gonna get nerfed again just because he won once.
Actually he most likely went Diddy instead of Sheik because he knew he'd lose the Sheik ditto. Mr. R is inevitably the better Sheik and definitely the one who's better at Sheik dittos.

Zero almost dropped a game to Vinnie in Sheik dittos at the crew battle, and Vinnie got 25th in the tournament and only lost because of a stray tipper usmash... imagine going against the best Sheik in the world.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mr.R is the best Sheik in the world probably, that Diddy is able to match him says he still has insane potential. Speaking!

Patch 1.09 is out, and I played it yesterday. I noticed that I could actually kill with U Air again... Is this a confirmed buff or something!?

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Mr.R is the best Sheik in the world probably, that Diddy is able to match him says he still has insane potential. Speaking!

Patch 1.09 is out, and I played it yesterday. I noticed that I could actually kill with U Air again... Is this a confirmed buff or something!?
Maybe idk what I'm talking about but I think 1.09 came out a couple weeks ago and nobody has been able to figure out what it changed, if anything.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ah maybe it's me, as I haven't played in a long while before yesterday. U Air is still doing the same damage, which is roughly 6% per hit, but it seems it's able to kill again to me. At lower precentages than what I noticed in 1.08. I do hope this is a secret treat Sakurai gave us.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Ah maybe it's me, as I haven't played in a long while before yesterday. U Air is still doing the same damage, which is roughly 6% per hit, but it seems it's able to kill again to me. At lower precentages than what I noticed in 1.08. I do hope this is a secret treat Sakurai gave us.
we need stage/character/weight, this could be something, but I haven't noticed a change, it's still around 140 for me.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
1.0.9 has no confirmed buffs or nerfs. Replays are still functional. Even the Pac-Man glitch wasn't fixed. All it changed was one file in the coding.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

Diddy still has the tools he just can't get kills as easily as he did before. I'm still shocked Ramin couldn't get a single game off Zero's diddy though. He was my favourite to win against him.. even if it wasn't in sheik dittos :/

Jaylowww

Smash Cadet
NNID
thatdudejono
3DS FC
5086-1719-4466
Actually he most likely went Diddy instead of Sheik because he knew he'd lose the Sheik ditto. Mr. R is inevitably the better Sheik and definitely the one who's better at Sheik dittos.

Zero almost dropped a game to Vinnie in Sheik dittos at the crew battle, and Vinnie got 25th in the tournament and only lost because of a stray tipper usmash... imagine going against the best Sheik in the world.
According to the man himself, that is actually not true.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
According to the man himself, that is actually not true.
He would put ~12k and losing the biggest tournament ever on the line to please the crowd? I find that hard to digest.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
He would put ~12k and losing the biggest tournament ever on the line to please the crowd? I find that hard to digest.
would you sooner believe that he TRULY thinks that Diddy still beats Sheik match-up wise? He went full anime, that seems pretty in character with ZeRo.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
would you sooner believe that he TRULY thinks that Diddy still beats Sheik match-up wise? He went full anime, that seems pretty in character with ZeRo.
I wouldn't believe that either. One of my training mates mains Diddy and I gained the opinion from continual personal experience that Diddy Sheik is probably very close to even or a bit in Sheik's favour.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
I wouldn't believe that either. One of my training mates mains Diddy and I gained the opinion from continual personal experience that Diddy Sheik is probably very close to even or a bit in Sheik's favour.
Well as an ex Sheik main, I never had any issues with Diddys, but now playing the character, I don't think any of them were really good. Keep in mind this was pre-nerf to 1.0.6 that I was playing her too, so them not doing so good against me had me convinced.

Jaylowww

Smash Cadet
NNID
thatdudejono
3DS FC
5086-1719-4466
When you're as untouchable as the undisputed best smash 4 player in the world at the moment, winning a -1(IMO) matchup in grand finals of EVO with your most iconic character isn't very hard to fathom.

Besides, even if he did drop the set, he still has the reset to play the ditto.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Damn this thread dead for like nearly 20 days..

so I've been using a lot of diddy lately. Thought he wouldn't be as fun after the 2nd nerf but he still is. this thing is so fun oml. something about the banana + peanuts and his aerials just makes me happy.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
For whatever reason, the Diddy Kong board just doesn't get anywhere near as much activity as a lot of other boards. It's really unfortunate, but there isn't as much of a collective effort for organization. I'd try to put more effort into helping this board, but I decided yesterday to drop this game competitively because of hand pain issues that have been a huge problem for much for the year. If my hand pain issues get considerably better overtime, I'll repick up the game again. But it they never improve, I'm pretty much forced to be done with the game. Absolutely sucks since I've invested so much of myself into Smash 4, but I cannot play this game (or any game at this point) without my hands hurting like a *****.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
dang mate, that really blows. what's up with your hand if you don't mind me asking?

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
dang mate, that really blows. what's up with your hand if you don't mind me asking?
My finger joints and wrists are just horrible. They were bad when I first started playing this game, but they're considerably worse now. Pretty much any video game brings my hands a lot of pain, so I've hardly played video games in the last two months. Been taking medication for a month and it helps a little, but after like an hour or so of playing straight, my hands feel absolutely awful.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
My finger joints and wrists are just horrible. They were bad when I first started playing this game, but they're considerably worse now. Pretty much any video game brings my hands a lot of pain, so I've hardly played video games in the last two months. Been taking medication for a month and it helps a little, but after like an hour or so of playing straight, my hands feel absolutely awful.
but you can type fine?

means you can play keyboard & mouse games right?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Dunno if the Brawl Diddy GD/Social fared any better in the early days, but I didn't get in til late. Just lurked there too. No different than what I do or see here.

Once of a gamer's worst nightmare. Joint pain just sounds much suckage. A future to control using you mind, let alone your eyes. Or invest into using your feet or mouth.

-- Rhythm Games? --

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
but you can type fine?

means you can play keyboard & mouse games right?
I can type, but my hands hurt worse whenever I do. I can still play with a standard controller for as long as I can tolerate the pain, but long gaming sessions are now extremely difficult for my hands and hand pain issues regularly have a negative effect on my gaming performance. Trying to do short hop buffered aerials when my fingers are in pain makes my hands hurt so much worse.

Dunno if the Brawl Diddy GD/Social fared any better in the early days, but I didn't get in til late. Just lurked there too. No different than what I do or see here.
Considering Smash 4's bigger competitive scene and the organization from many other boards, it's unfortunate the Diddy Kong board isn't in better shape.

Once of a gamer's worst nightmare. Joint pain just sounds much suckage. A future to control using you mind, let alone your eyes. Or invest into using your feet or mouth.

-- Rhythm Games? --
Not a fan of rhythm games.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
So I've been struggling to get the momentum change with a b reverse down b. Sometimes when I do a side b to b reversed down b, I get the b reverse but no momentum change, so I fly off the screen and die, which is literally one of the most embarrassing SDs lol. Is there anyway to get it more consistently?

Also, how do people use down b and grab the banana in the air without using an aerial? Like, they just jump and hit some button and grab it without doing anything.

Top Bottom