• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD now has a guranteed Usmash out of Dthrow on Us, Depends on stale moves.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Results of Dthrow Buffered Dash Usmash. Yes means Usmash away, No means they slide out of range or powershield it. Only tested chaingrabbable characters, doesn't work on the Unchainable Twelve.

YES USMASH
LUCARIO
BOWSER
LINK
GANON
DDD
CHARIZARD
IVYSAUR
NESS
SONIC

NO USMASH
MARIO
SNAKE
WOLF
LUIGI
PEACH
DK
DIDDY
YOSHI
WARIO
TOON LINK
SAMUS
PIT
SOPO
ROB
WOLF
CAPTAIN FALCON
MARTHA
IKE
LUCAS
Well I kinda overacted.

Alright, I just tested it. If DDD has 5 or less Dthrows in the stale moves registry, Usmash is guaranteed. 6 or more and Lucario can powershield it.

So keep a general idea of Dthrow's freshness in your minds... or just always shield.
So keep a eye on those dthrows! I believe that theres 11 ques on the stale moves list but don't quote me on that [someone confirm plz]

This gives DDD an excuse to mix-up more VS us I guess to keep his grab fresh so he can get a guaranteed throw off that, but this also means more openings! so keep that in mind.

but meh another thing we have to keep track of in the DDD MU <_< its still kinda gay lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The only option against D3s now...CAMP. HARD.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It is.

Trela did it to me in friendlies just to make sure.

It works.

Although, there was one time where I PS'd it...but I assume because he did it too slow.

culexus・wau

DDD for hard counter/HARDEST MU hands down now?

about how early does upsmash kill us assuming we DI the **** out of it

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I already thought he was our worst match-up before this was found out, lol.

edit: Really, I'd just platform air camp and eat bairs all day if we can live those better than Usmash, since grab = Usmash.

Luxor

Smash Champion
I'll wait for verification from a REPUTABLE source before thinking twice about this.
Now, now- don't you trust me?

I only ever got around to testing FRESH Dthrow btw; I hear it still works if Dthrow is slightly stale but NOT if it's really stale. So until I test that more... Well, always just hold your shield just in case.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Alright, I just tested it. If DDD has 5 or less Dthrows in the stale moves registry, Usmash is guaranteed. 6 or more and Lucario can powershield it.

So keep a general idea of Dthrow's freshness in your minds... or just always shield.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm gonna just continue to play how I do against DDD, this just means I have to be a lot more wary at higher percentages.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Alright, I just tested it. If DDD has 5 or less Dthrows in the stale moves registry, Usmash is guaranteed.
Did you do it for any other character or did you just grab some quick figures for Lucario?

I'm curious. Really, when is his D-Throw not stale?

:093:

Luxor

Smash Champion
Quick numbahs for Lucario only, since that was the most important of the affected matchups (nothing personal, Sonic).

If you're Ftilting around or whatever, get a grab near the edge, and can only do one regrab or a Usmash... you might want to go Usmash. Not just for kills, but for guaranteed %.

culexus・wau

Thank you luxor.

well its NOT HOPELESS now I guess <_<

browny has this hate of secret SWF groups , don't mind him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If people do think it becomes hopeless, there is always MK, Pikachu, Falco, Ice Climbers, Olimar, to help you out.

I doubt I can, outside of Falco I can't use anyone on that list anywhere near as well as Lucario. :<

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
To properly DI D3's USmash to maximize survivability at high %s DI away from D3.

Once you get passed the 120% mark... Do not get grabbed.

culexus・wau

You can afford to get grabbed if its staled =)

I think most DDDs will try to mix it up/pummel more if they know they have staled dthrow so they can get that guaranteed kill off of grab.

So this means you have a wider mash out opportunity if they feel like risking a few pummels!

I'm actually a little excited now because this means some DDDs will start to mix-up instead of just use grab 50% and bair and ftilt the other 50% in this MU

adds depth to a boring mu lol Kinda bummed it made it harder though!

on the not so bright side.. it means DDD can ALWAYS revenge kill us off of grab now.. ouch <_<

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Yeah, but at like 120%+ he's going to get a free pummel in before dthrowing ya.

So now we have to keep track of his last ten hits, eh?

Five or less DThrows in the queue we get USmashed and if its more we shieldddddd.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
What kind of idiot do you guys think can't keep under 6 dthrows in the stale moves queue? That's a pretty forgiving margin for a free kill lol

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh yeah, and they have to do a JC usmash, for those who didn't catch the details of the input
it's not just a buffered hyphen smash.

Oh well, working on my Sheik is going to be fun (especially with some of the stuff I found). My ICs/MK too, but I want to learn D3 v. Sheik/Zelda, it looks very interesting (pretty much another variation of D3 v. ZSS where there's no CG but Sheik/Zelda can get gimped pretty seriously if they don't watch out).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
D3...he's smiling because he knows he can play super gay.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I'll wait for verification from a REPUTABLE source before thinking twice about this.
It's possible. Me and Atomsk were testing it yesterday. You got like a 2 frame window to do it. It's hard as hell.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So wait...is it possible to buffer a powershield?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
iRJi I can do this on wifi no problems lulll

RT you just hold shield
I know, that's a given, lol...but framewise, is it possible to powershield it?

I'm not really focused on details when it comes to frame stuff...a simple yes or no would suffice.

NINE moves in stale move queue. Just throwing that out there.

Also lolbrowny. Testing frame by frame isn't reputable? Lol.

Top Bottom