• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console Wars: A Multi-Platform Smash game (Current job: Submitting a female character)

Base Roster size?

• Same has Brawl (39)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same has Smash 4 (51)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Same has Ultimate (74)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

1. Asteroids
2. Invaders
3. Creeper

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, I finished the vote counting and the winners are:
1656082168166.png
1656082187938.png
1656082323940.png
1656082373725.png

The Creeper, Bubsy, Adrian Shephard, the Space Invaders and Asteroids!
Congratulations to the winners and those who submitted them! Also we will mantain the Smash AT's system. We will start to move to the next job.
JOB #21: SUBMIT A MOVESET FOR THE CHOSEN UNDEAD AND CHANGES FOR STEVE
I was saving this job for a moment where I thinked we can do a quick job and I think this is the perfect time, you don't need to submit all the changes for Steve or all the moveset of the Chosen Undead tho. Remind in the case of both that we are also doing custom moves so try to have that in mind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apart of all this I want to share the jobs that I have in mind for the future, note that this could be attached to changes:
  • 22: 80's Character​
  • 23: Collectables Part 2​
  • 24: Modern Era Stages​
  • 25: Kratos, Doom Slayer and Master Chief custom moves​
  • 26: Music for the included stages​
  • 27: Arcade Mode Discussion + Submit Arcade Routes​
  • 28: Bosses Part 1​
  • 29: Villain Character​
  • 30: Avatar Discussion​
  • 31: Collectables Part 3 + Secret stage job​
  • 32: Secret Genre-related Character​
If you want to give other prompt ideas or you have thoughts about the ones listed feel free to comunicated it to me.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I honestly think that Steve is already perfectly represented in Smash
About Chosen Undead, Idk **** about Dark Souls so I'll do a bit of research before submitting moves

Very hyped for the next jobs btw
I want to remind that the changes not necessary need to be change their moves, aesthetic changes like the HUD or an effect counts has well.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Chosen Undead Moveset:
The Chosen Undead has a mana meter in the form of Souls, the Souls didn't worked in that way in the og game but it could be considered one of the many "creative liberties" these movesets have, for replenish your Soul you just need to attack the opponents with normals.
  • Neutral Special - Pyromancy
    • It's similar to Hero's neutral special where you can charge the attack to increase the level of the attack, the more the charge the more Soul it would consume. The levels are Fireball, Fire Orb, Great Fireball and Great Chaos Fireball.
  • Side Special - Sorcery
    • The Chosen Undead is kinda a zoner since it has two different projectiles, the differences with this is that the Sorcery has the distance that the Pyromancy lacks but without the explosive force of the Pyromancies, the projectiles are Soul Arrow, Great Soul Arrow, Heavy Soul Arrow and Great Heavy Soul Arrow and just like the Pyromancies the more you charge them the more Soul costs.
    • Since I know this could also work has a custom neutral special I decided to do an alternative Side Special.
  • Side Special (Alternative) - Old Moonlight
    • The Chosen Undead does a slash with a moonlight sword, it kinda works like a Smash attack so compare to moves like Byleth's axe.
  • Up Special - Bonfire/Homeward
    • In the ground the Chosen Undead sets a Bonfire in the ground, when you are in the air you can use Homeward and teleport to the nearest Bonfire, you can also taunt to sit in the bonfire replenishing your Estus. Like Steve's crafting table it can be destroyed by the opponents so beware. If you use the special move in the air without a bonfire the Chosen Undead would only teleport upwards a little.
  • Down Special - Estus Flask
    • A healing item, it heals a good amount of life but it's limited to two flasks per stock, either way you can replenish it resting on a bonfire but since the animation is long you shouldn't abuse of this.
  • Shield Special - Parry
    • It's kinda like the regular "parry" of the shield but it has additional advantages like inflict the opponent a "stun" that leaves them way open to a punish.
I don't have ideas for the Final Smash atm since I think Solaire works more has an assist and I don't want to abuse with the magic too much.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Steve Rework
I find how Steve is handled in Smash pretty fitting, but to make this thread interesting, I will be proposing a rework.
----
Firstly, Steve no longer has to worry about his tools breaking; He will start each stock with wooden tools, and while they can't break, he can still upgrade them with his new Down Special (more on that in a second).

Also, Steve's resource mechanic has been overhauled; Steve can no longer mine to gain resources, but gains them by attacking opponents. In addition, resources are now all one unified "meter", meaning that iron and diamond (which still appear when actually gaining resources) will be one and the same.

Finally, Steve's specials:
  • Neutral Special: Build
    • With the removal of mining, Steve's Neutral Special is just plain ol' building. He will place the block in front of himself while grounded. Other than that, it's the same as in Smash. Each block costs one resource.
  • Side Special: Bow and Arrow
    • Steve charges up a shot from an arrow before firing it forwards. Longer charges increase the arrow's range and power. Every arrow costs one resource.
  • Up Special: Elytra
  • Down Special: Crafting
    • Steve places down a Crafting Table and can use it to... well, craft. He has three different options when it comes to what he can craft.
      • Tool Upgrade: Steve crafts a new set of tools to replace his current ones. The cost of upgrading increases with every tier; Wood, Stone, Gold, Iron, and Diamond. (Sorry, Netherite fans.)
      • Armor Upgrade: Steve crafts a set of armor which increases his resistance to attacks. Much like tools, the cost of upgrading increases by tier; Leather, Chainmail, Gold, Iron, and Diamond.
      • "Bonus Item": Every time Steve begins crafting, a random Bonus Item can be crafted, which Steve will use the next time the Down Special is used as opposed to Crafting. I'm going to leave this ambiguous; I could see a fun job coming out of figuring out what items Steve can make use of!
  • Final Smash: The End
    • An End Portal appears below Steve, sucking in nearby opponents. A cinematic then plays out with the opponent(s) being ravaged by the Ender Dragon, causing major damage and knockback.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Final Smash: The End
  • An End Portal appears below Steve, sucking in nearby opponents. A cinematic then plays out with the opponent(s) being ravaged by the Ender Dragon, causing major damage and knockback.
Talking about it, this is something that I planned to mention in the customization discussion but I forgoted, what about also made custom Final Smashes?, it wouldn't be 4 variations like the special moves but it would allow use new Final Smashes and the Smash Final Smashes.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Talking about it, this is something that I planned to mention in the customization discussion but I forgoted, what about also made custom Final Smashes?, it wouldn't be 4 variations like the special moves but it would allow use new Final Smashes and the Smash Final Smashes.
I think only having two would probably be best for development if you ask me.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Summary:
  • Unless someone disagrees, all Steve changes would be allowed.
  • My Chosen Undead moveset wins by default. I will use the Old Moonlight side special since I think it fits better than a second projectile.
  • We will have 2 Final Smashes per character, we will have a job about that later.
  • Time to a new job!
JOB #22: SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM THE 80's!
We did a 2010's job before so it's time to the complete opposite, submit a character that comes from the 80's!, it can be from any platform but it can't be from an already repped series.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I remind that game from the Ready Player One book lol.

Anyway my submission
SIMON BELMONT (CASTLEVANIA)
1656163790478.png
A classic character from probably one fo the most important franchises in the industry since alongside Metroid they established the bases of a whole genre. I think that if Simon wins other Belmonts can be customes (apart of Ritcher you can also add Leon Belmont, Trevor Belmont, Juste Belmont and Julius Belmont for example).

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Swapped my submission out for Mega Man. Defo wanna see DK at some point but we're a little Ninty heavy rn.
This is the perfect moment to ask, how many characters per company should we allow in our base game? I think certain companies like Nintendo have a really big catalogue so it's very likely we will have more of them in the future, but what should be the limit?

D

Deleted member

I'd kind of like to keep xbox, nintnedo, ps and maybe PC even since this is meant to be a multi platform game. But we don't need to do it.

Not sure about a cap on company reps tbh. Some like sqaure, capcom and Namco have a lot of varied options that are pretty different from each other.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
This is the perfect moment to ask, how many characters per company should we allow in our base game? I think certain companies like Nintendo have a really big catalogue so it's very likely we will have more of them in the future, but what should be the limit?
4-5 Characters for Sony and Nintendo would work
For Valve I think we could get no new characters and still be cool, since in terms of representation from franchises that don't have characters already only left 4 dead and portal are interesting
With Microsoft it's kind of hard since they own Rare, Mojang, ZeniMax, Double Fine and ActiBlizzard, and besides that, they have a good amount of original franchises.

Anyways, we shouldn't worry about the amount of representation for a specific company since the important thing it's represent Gaming as a whole

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I feel like a limit of 20 makes sense. Considering JUST how many gaming icons there are in general, and the Roster Cap of 51, I highly doubt any one company would actually hit a cap of 20, so I feel like it’s a fair number to cap out a company at universally.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Also, my submission is another Nintendo Character, because this Kong, is important to games! It’s on like…
Donkey Kong!
4E498B84-4925-467B-A620-261722392791.png

Donkey Kong is probably the weirdest character to add because he’s technically a Mario Character, or is Mario a Donkey Kong Character? Whatever it is, I’d say DK is pretty important to gaming history because of how the original Donkey Kong became a phenomenon in the early 80’s. Donkey Kong became just as much of a phenomenon as PAC-MAN. Not to mention how Donkey Kong is the first example of Platformers coming into the gaming industry and actually PREDATES Pitfall by a Year. It also established both he and Mario as household names even nowadays. It’s very rare to meet someone who doesn’t know who Mario or Donkey Kong is nowadays, as they’ve become truly timeless.

This is not where the importance ends, because in 1994, Rare decided to revive Donkey Kong by making Donkey Kong Country! The game to revive Donkey Kong and it also blew up. Making DK a Household Name yet again with its 3D Graphics which, due to hardware limitations, still look great to this day, and catapulted Rare into being one of the most prolific developers of the 90’s, making hit after hit, and Conker’s Bad Fur Day, before being bought by Microsoft, going through some turbulent times, but eventually creating Sea of Thieves which, believe it or not, is actually a big deal despite its rocky start. And even though they were around before DKC, it’s the game that made them as beloved as they are today. Also Donkey Kong is Nintendo’s 5th biggest IP oops.

Overall, I’d say Donkey Kong is a pretty big deal not gonna lie, originating Platformers and kick starting Rareware internationally. Not to mention he’d be super unique amongst the current roster, being easily the biggest character here so far, potentially even being able to inherit Bowser’s Tough Guy due to him being the heaviest character here by far. This was probably a lost cause considering his ties to Mario, but I just wanted to see if I could convince some folks that DK is worthy of being within this hall of fame of gaming history, especially since he’s far more important than everyone else who has been submitted so far. (Note: DK is no longer my pick, but I will use him for Villains. Thanks for understanding.)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
80s Character: Bub and Bob (Bubble Bobble)

Since the Space Invaders have been banished to assist hell, this is my second choice for a Taito rep. While not nearly as popular as... pretty much everyone already submitted for this job, I do think Taito deserves a fighter. I'd imagine Bub and Bob as duo characters like the Ice Climbers.

80's Character:
Ryu Hayabusa

View attachment 351474
Who is the Ryu Hayabusa?
Ryu Hayabusa
is main protagonist of Ninja Gaiden series made by Tecmo back in 1988 on Arcades and NES console. He is a japanese ninja with dragon attributes, who wields an ancestral weapon called the Dragon Sword, which is actually an katana with dragon's power. He is also a leader of his "Hayabusa" clan as it was shown in games.
As it was shown in games, he travels from Japan to other countries like USA to prevent evil from attacking the world.
He is one of iconic video game ninjas that were praised by video game critics and he is considered as one of most iconic Koei Tecmo characters and even one of late 80's video game icons that are still known to today's times.
Also Ryu could represent Hack N Slash genre in this game.

How he can fight?
Well, Ryu is not a stranger for fighting, since he can fight opponents by using his ancient sword or even use attacks from Dead or Alive series (Fun Fact: Did you know that DoA and Ninja Gaiden take place in the same universe?).
He would use moves from Ninja Gaiden games (Including the rebooted ones) as his attacks like sword slash or shuriken throw as neutral special. He would have a gimmick based on Dragon Arts, which are activated like in his home games where he unleashes his strong attacks to KO opponents.
He would also have interesting final smash examples like it would turn into Dragon form and wreck havoc across the battlefield.

He would be middleweight rushdown fighter with very fast speed and he could wall jump or wall cling like a real ninja!
Speaking of Ryu Hayabusa, his design would be based on modern incarnation and his alternate model would be taken from early NES games like Ninja Gaiden (1988).

Why Ryu as fighter?
You may ask why I chose him as 1980's fighter for this job? Well, because he is a very important character to gaming history and his games were popular back in late 80's and early 90's (Heck, they still are popular to this day).
Also I wanna tell that Koei Tecmo company needs to be represented as fighter in Console Wars, which is definitely Ryu Hayabusa!

At the end of submission, I have a song about ninjas to listen to:
Have fun!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 22:Billy Lee (Double Dragon)

Billy Lee is one of protagonists from a Beat em Up game series called Double Dragon,Billy is master of a martial art called Sou-Setsu-Ken and he is twin brother of Jimmy Lee.

Double Dragon is not very iconic as Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man and Halo,but the franchise is known being one of Beat em Up game series,and we don't have a Beat em Up rep.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I reminded that Tetris is supposed to be a stage, and that those stages wouldn't be allowed to have a playable character, either way since a lot of people are in favor with the idea I ask if we should allow it even if the stage already did a good job representing the game?

FazDude

Smash Master
either way since a lot of people are in favor with the idea I ask if we should allow it even if the stage already did a good job representing the game?
I think Tetromino should be a character - Sure, we already have a Tetris stage, but I feel like you could get creative with a moveset, and the top-selling video game of all time (well, at least in the top three; it gets complicated) shouldn't be limited to a mere stage.

Baysha

Smash Ace
I reminded that Tetris is supposed to be a stage, and that those stages wouldn't be allowed to have a playable character, either way since a lot of people are in favor with the idea I ask if we should allow it even if the stage already did a good job representing the game?
I'd be fine with that, personally. Though I do have the bias of submitting it. Generally, I feel like jobs that will disconfirm things aren't really a good idea in the early parts of a thread or when a large amount of submissions will get in. (Not counting "double-dipping" on specific aspects such as a character being both a fighter and assist.)

Top Bottom