• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/Worst Stages?

t3chn0g0at

Smash Cadet
I always find myself counterpicking Yoshi's, WW, or PS1 and banning FD, Lylat, and Skyworld.
I find our combo game super strong on Yoshi's/WW and I love dash attacking through platforms on PS1. As for bans, I feel we get gimped/combo'd too hard on Lylat/FD/Skyworld.

How about y'all? What do you guys like?

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
I actually like Lylat quite a bit because wolf's up tilts & up smashes actually hit thru the platform from below, I mean yeah you can kill yourself and it can be easy to be gimped, but I think the trade off can be positive if you practice on the stage a lot. I tend to always ban dreamland because of the high ceiling, totally agree w/ u about skyworld... **** that stage

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I've been thinking about this too recently.

I feel like Wolf's great everything makes him good on pretty much every stage, Its like how fox still loves dreamland even though his up-smash kills a bit later. Larger stages trade killing 20% later/forcing wolf to focus on gimps and dunks for more room to abuse his great speed, mobility, and extended combo game.

I pretty much ban stages based on what the opponent's character wants to play on. Like, you wouldn't leave FD open against Diddy/Link/Marth, or you wouldn't let ZSS go to Yoshi's story.

I think my favorite stages to take most characters are Dreamland, Yoshi's, PS2, and WW.
I also LOVE skyworld and lylat, but I wouldn't take most characters there.

t3chn0g0at

Smash Cadet
As a player I love Lylat, but certainly not Skyworld, heh. I completely agree about with Dreamland and with us being competent on every stage. However, I don't think we gain enough on Lylat to make up for the hit to our recovery.

Top Bottom