• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best April Fool's EVER. Zelda movie....na, rly?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Dude, seriously. That just cant be an april Fools joke, its too awesome D:
If that was real, I would SO watch it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
That was the worst thing I've ever watched. It hurt

AJ-Lo

Smash Cadet
haha I doubt there'll be a real movie. and if it were, I'd be a bit skeptical about the quality. I mean, most movies-to-games or games-to-movies aren't the best.

and that Ganondorf makes me laugh xD

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I was hoping for some joke about it being directed by Uwe Boll.

I love the reference in the beginning to Link never talking.

hardcore

Smash Cadet
That would reel in so much money for them, though...
it'd be very entertaining to watch, at the least.

*hoping it's real*

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I didn't get to watch this until just now, but I'm pretty glad that it's not going to be a movie, because the characters are SOOO freakin ugly (not trolling, serious).

I don't know who it would take to make a good looking link and zelda, but anyone would be better off than those nasties.

The art for backgrounds and special effects were fantastic though, good enough to pass for a real movie imo.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For all the work put in, it looked SO bad.

It honestly looked like a joke movie the entire time, and especially on April Fool's, I can't see how anyone would fall for that.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Ganon looked like a rapist. Zelda looked like vomit. Link looked like a tramp.

studly

Smash Ace
omg dude

gannondorf was so ugly

and i swear to god this isnt an april fools joke
its been talked about for a while since early 2007

not saying i want to see it
but it isnt an april fools joke

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i think this COULD be a great movie IF

1. it was an anime
2. written/created/drawn by the same guy that did princess mononoke and spirited away.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The music composition was believable, but the actors and costumes were absolutely horrifying. If I made that for IGN, I'd tell them to leave my name from the credits. Seriously.

I've seen better acting and costumes in a high school play.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm just going to repeat what I said from another thread

It's clearly april fools, IGN made it and admitted it was a joke

I honestly do not understand why so many people want a Zelda film. There is nothing in the games that'd make a good film. The storylines are generally hollow, the characters are cliche's or barely in the game, and the movement from point to point takes place through single-player dungeons. The games are absolutely amazing, but you can't translate gameplay like that into a movie and still have it be interesting.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh man.. I wanted this movie to be real. Youko sent it to me and I about peed my pants.... the last part gives it away. :(

The only way they'd make a successful Zelda movie is if it was animated, like Square-enix did it or something.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oh man.. I wanted this movie to be real.
Sugs, I know you're a Zelda fangirl... but if they really end up making a Zelda movie, and it ends up looking that bad, then I'd be morally obligated to kamikaze the studio that was producing it.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I'm with Xsyven. It was obviously made for lolz on IGN's part, and therefore had to have some awfulness to it. I'm actually surprised they put as much effort into it as it is(I assume they just wanted it to be believable to enough people). Ganon's bright orange beard made me lol hard, btw.

I would never want an actual Zelda movie. It would be guaranteed awful.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, little fan made films aren't bad. I'm saying if Hollywood somehow did it, it would have to be amazing or it would be a huge flop.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Oh man.. I wanted this movie to be real. Youko sent it to me and I about peed my pants.... the last part gives it away. :(

The only way they'd make a successful Zelda movie is if it was animated, like Square-enix did it or something.
Well, now you have an idea of how us Halo fans feel, where's our movie??

-_-Computer generated seems to be the best bet for any movie based on a game. Doom played it off quite well though, but then again, it had the Rock. I know you can smell what's cooking!

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
seemed somewhat believable, but when it got to the part where curtains fall beside Zelda I could tell it was a joke. Gannon looked like crap, Link's clothes looked like a complete sham, and well, if it was real, it would just be an abuse of CGI.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
A few games can be translated to movie form. The Metal Gear Solid's can, as could something like Oblivion, Mass Effect, anything with a really good plot (and by good I don't mean Uncle-Kenny good) or gameplay that could translate to the screen, like Half-Life, Dead Rising, or World of Warcraft (though that movie is going to be pathetic). Zelda is almost always weak plot wise, and while that doesn't hurt the game, any movie based on it would be weak. I don't even know why I typed this up

antimatter

Smash Lord
metroid movie in development hell? honestly, I'm quite satisfied with just Haloid being out there
i liked it until the ending.
master chief a chick? both of them erm, well, seemingly attracted to females?

Top Bottom