• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beast 3 Armada(Pit) v. Mango(fox/falco)

BlinkIV

Avenger
Lol, that's funny. I used to main Link in 2.1, and he wasn't bad at all, it's more of just..whenever someone got IN on Link, he'd regret it terribly. 2.5 he had a few dumb-downs, but not enough to make him bad or something.

Also Link Vs Marth is just Z-Air spacing, and out-spacing Marth, but that's for the Link boards, not the Pit boards haha

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Lol, that's funny. I used to main Link in 2.1, and he wasn't bad at all, it's more of just..whenever someone got IN on Link, he'd regret it terribly. 2.5 he had a few dumb-downs, but not enough to make him bad or something.

Also Link Vs Marth is just Z-Air spacing, and out-spacing Marth, but that's for the Link boards, not the Pit boards haha
Sounds just like the Pit v Marth matchup. All about spacing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like it when someone says that a matchup is "all about spacing" as if to imply that there are some matchups where spacing isn't relevant in a game based primarily around positioning and your ability to gain said positioning.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I like it when someone says that a matchup is "all about spacing" as if to imply that there are some matchups where spacing isn't relevant in a game based primarily around positioning and your ability to gain said positioning.
My apologies for not being clear. The matchup places even more of a premium on spacing than usual because Pit has a shorter blade range than Marth, so getting in the hits you want to without sacrificing % is incredibly important.
On a completely unrelated note, I like the icon change.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Who is rubyiris?

On the real: what do you want from me? I've posted a slough of useful, pertinent pit knowledge and helped develop and evolve his game, since 2.0s release.

Apparantly because I called most of the link player base bad and I have a longstanding dislike of hylian, I'm suddenly obnoxious? Seems legit!

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 2

Vixen

Premium
Its not nonsense. The majority of the pm player base, especially the link players based off the content of their threads is severely lacking.

I also tend to disagree with just about everything hylian has to say.

That makes everything I post obnoxious? How I acted a year ago, or longer isn't who I am anymore and I would appreciate it if you took a step back. Excuse me for posting lazily formatted posts on my jank smartphone.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've never met you or talked to you aside from once when you said I had never been good at a video game before(for no apparent reason and with no knowledge of me?), not really sure why you dislike me so much. I also don't think Link is a bad character in 2.5 so I don't know where all of this is coming from. Complaining about certain mechanics doesn't imply the character is unviable.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I've never met you or talked to you aside from once when you said I had never been good at a video game before(for no apparent reason and with no knowledge of me?), not really sure why you dislike me so much. I also don't think Link is a bad character in 2.5 so I don't know where all of this is coming from. Complaining about certain mechanics doesn't imply the character is unviable.
My apologies for starting this conflict. I recently read a few threads on the Link forums, and early on you were said you were considering dropping Link because of the transition to 2.5. That gave me the impression that you thought Link was bad. I then mentioned this in the Pit thread during a conversation about the Link matchup, and you have seen the results. If I had read further I would have found out that you in fact decided to stick with Link and have had considerable success with him. Again I apologize for making a comment without doing more research.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's fine lol just clearing things up.

Vixen

Premium
We haven't directly spoken much, I just typically don't agree with your views on smash.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Why didn't you say that in the first place? Disagreeing with someone is fine, but when you insult him, by saying he is dumb, its kinda uncalled for. I personally don't have anything against you, but I still suggest that you word your posts a little more politely. People will respect you a lot more for that.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We haven't directly spoken much, I just typically don't agree with your views on smash.

That's fine, but you've insulted me several times for no apparent reason when I haven't said anything about you except to defend myself.

Vixen

Premium
I could be much more eloquent with my posts, I agree.

When you think about it, I'm basically saying "Hylian is stupid because he doesn't think like me." which isn't what I'm intending at all.

Top Bottom